“Thanksgiving night”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We where able to check in early which is always nice. Beautiful room all newly remodeled. Extra bonus a flat screen tv in the bathroom. Our room had a nice size balcony with views of the beach right across the street. Ate dinner there that night and it was excellent. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a nice review of our property. I'm pleased that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience. We are always looking for ways to exceed our guests expectations. We are looking forward to you staying with us again in the future! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had a wonderful time staying at the hotel/casino in fact if it work out I may be back next year!!! The staff was very helpful and had great southern personalities. The weather was wonderful for a northerner who is used to below temps in November!!! Keep up the GOOOOOD WORK!!!! Randall Horton.

Room Tip: Every room has a warm attmosphere about it The Handicap one especially
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank randallhorton
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Mr. Horton, thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your next stay with us, and in the meantime please let us know if there's anything else we could be doing better.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Drove from Houston to meet my sister for a couple of days. She has been to this casino several times and enjoyed it. Upon check in, I was given a complimentary (and unsolicited) room upgrade so that set the stage for a really nice two night visit. Check in was easy and the complimentary valet service was a real convenience. The room was perfectly acceptable. Not the luxury level of some resorts in this area, it nevertheless more than met my needs. The beds were comfortable and the linens were of high quality and a very generous number of washcloths and towels. In room safe and flatscreen TV were complimented by an additional TV in the bathroom and a nice balcony overlooking the pool and cabana area. The bathroom was nice with pleasant tile work, good task lighting and a large glass walk-in shower. The room was QUIET! which is always appreciated in a resort. Now the bad. Housekeeping was not up to par. On my second day there were no shampoos or lotions left in the room at all. Several urine spots on the tile floor near the toilet remained during my entire three days. The shower floor was disgusting with black mold/mildew on the grouting and the glass wall was streaked with soap scum and water marks. Quite frankly, if a hotel aspires to luxury and wants to put in nice tilework, they need to maintain it even though that is difficult to do. Otherwise drop the pretense and put in a motel 6 molded shower unit that can be kept clean by even a lazy housekeeping staff. (and where was the housekeeping manager? doesn't he/she ever check the rooms?). That aside, on to the restaurants and casino. This has to be the friendliest place I have ever visited. They must put something in the water as the entire staff is pleasant and seems to enjoy their jobs. The atmosphere is infectious and spills over to the guests. It is difficult to sit in the casino for more than a few minutes without a fellow guest starting up a conversation. An ever-present and pleasant employee is ready to take your complimentary drink order - no waiting here. The drinks are good - try their bloody mary. The main dining room is a more than adequate buffet and a real bargain even if you pay full price. You are seated and they take your drink order. The buffet is bountiful and high quality - certainly not luxury - but much better than your usual commercial buffet restaurant. Eggs to order in the morning are accompanied by the usual sides and some really fresh fruit. Lunch has several entrees and a carving station, Dinner is highlighted by all you can eat dungeness crab legs. The first floor 24 hour diner is not worth mentioning except if you are hungry and desperate. On the 9th floor, the place turns elegant with some fantastic meeting rooms, and a very good upscale restaurant and a beautiful and comfortable bar that has a sweeping view of the Gulf of Mexico. Reasonable drink prices and a good tapas menu made this my favorite spot for watching the sun set over the water. Check out was also easy and pleasant and a very short wait for my car was appreciated. Cannot comment on the gambling as I am not much of a gambler. However they forgave my first day's losses with a compensating credit and I ended up leaving slightly ahead. This hotel is not pretentious, they know their target market very well. It is popular with locals and retired military people and has a very diverse staff and clientele. If you want down home and friendly in Biloxi, this is the place. I am taking one star off for housekeeping although I it bothers me to do that. Not leaving me toiletries on day two was unforgivable.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the main tower are nice. Yo have a choice of pool view or water view. Either i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tom V
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our facility. It is always useful to us as a company to know where we excel as well as where we need to improve. I've made sure each relavant department manager had an opportunity to read your statements not only to encourage and congratulate their staff but also to work on those areas which didn't meet expectations. In particular, I've asked the housekeeping departement to reveiw their procedures to insure that as long as a "Do Not Disturb" sign is not placed on a room, amenities and linens get replaced each day. Further, you'll be pleased to know that we are re-grouting each bathroom on each floor as a preventative measure for any future issues. Overall, I am proud that our staff made your stay so pleasant and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to earn that 5th star on a future stay.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just a spent a weekend at the hotel. The Staff are very friendly and helpful,. The room was large with a very comfortable King Sized bed, with great pillows. The Bathroom had large walk in shower and a TV. The casino was on the Smaller size but had $5 table games and good amount of Slots, but was smokey. Did not eat on site but there are a number of places around the hotel and the Beach is just acrossed the road from the hotel. The Swimming pool is great, 2 levels with a waterfall, the Fitness room is small. Overall a good place for a weekend get away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are very proud of our comfortable deluxe hotel rooms and I'm pleased you enjoyed your accomodations. While we are on a smaller scale than some of our more weel-known neighbors, we strive to create a more personal and intimate experience for our guests. We are working diligently to alleviate the smoke issue in the building and hope to have it resolved very soon. Please consider dininig in our award winning CQ restaurant located on the 9th floor overlooking the Gulf, the next time you stay with us. The view alone is without equal.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

First let me say that I know the area is still recovering from Katrina and then Issac when we visited and I am not insensative to this. With that said I was shocked that the first thing that hits you is the cigarette smoke. Coming from a smoke free state it was a shock. Its every where and there is no where to hide from it. I was a little disappointed in the meet and greet at the door I wonder if management knows this is the first impression that people get?? Don't get me wrong the staff was friendly but lacking the knowlege all the way around on business edicate. The pool bar is closed during the week or so it was while we were there. The bartender on Sunday was not really interested in being there and it showed. He had a pizza oven but did not want to use it so he turned away several people that asked about it. During the week my husband had to walk in and out for drinks while we stayed by the pool. That I could live with but the bartender did not know how to run a tab so we had to use our card each and every time we wanted something to drink. I saw managememnt walking around but never inquired if we needed anything. I saw an older gentleman who brought his own six-pack I guess he knew the drill and we did not. Our room was clean and well kept and the bathroom was very spacious. A few things to note there is nothing for kids to do so don't bring them all you have is the pool and the beach and the beach was closed and dirty while we were there. Housekeeping was by far the most helpful and knowledgeable. I was just disappointed overall I guess and dont' think I would go back. I could tell that most of the clientele was there to gamble and could careless about the rest. So if your like me and gambling is not all you live for find another place. We stayed as our son just retuned from his deployment to Afghanistan and his base is in the area. There are other casinos/ hotels in the area on the water to be checked out.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor facing the Gulf and it seems the AC kicks off every night??? You will e...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Maggie E
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We returned to Treasure Bay as we thought it was better than some of the other casinos in the area. They make a mean Bloody Mary too! But, we were extremely disappointed that we could not use the comps we had earned on our card as their computer was down. The casino business is a totally computer based system...how could they not have an IT person available 24 hours a day? We checked both Saturday and Sunday and were told finally on Sunday that it would be Monday before the computers for comps would be working! Very disappointed.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolgentry
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are an aged modern contemporary style in much need of sprucing up. However, the rooms are a great value at less than $100 a night. The. Beach view is impeded by the large AC units below. But, once again, for the money you pay, it can be ignored.

• Stayed: September 2012