1,376 results
All reviewsdungeness crabgulf viewenjoyed my staynice roomget awaytable gamesnew orleansdencqblutbcasinobuffetbalconycoastfungambling
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked a family gathering at Treasure Bay in July of 2012. The hotel was very nice to our group and I want to single out Shannon who was very patient with all of the changes that were made along the way, We really enjoyed the pool area and I felt that the entire staff were trying there best to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 5th floor on the beach side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our property. Thank you also for the kind words concerning your stay and about Shannon in Hotel / Group Sales; she truly is one of a kind. We hope that you will consider staying with us again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was one of our stops between Texas and Florida and I was highly impressed. First of all, my wife and I came to Biloxi after Katrina during the rebuilding efforts to work in some retail shops to get signage updated and repaired. We were devastated by the devastation and hoped Biloxi and Guflport could rebuild. The last 5 years have evidently been full of hard workers and a strong community spirit because it looks great and while there are still damaged houses and buildings, it has been built up and rejuvenated well. Treasure Bay is a great example of this.

We had some reservation difficulties (read as: we waited until the last minute to book our rooms) and ended up with two rooms on two different floors. Fine, girls in one room, boys in another (there are seven of us). This worked out OK because it meant we got views of BOTH the pool and the Gulf. Checkin was easy, the rooms were clean, TV's worked, internet was a bit slow but it was stable, and the bathrooms were huge. I was leery of the open shower stall with only 2/3 of the opening covered by the glass, but it didn't make a huge mess at all. TVs in the bathrooms, people, that was unexpected! I also liked the casino because it's been years since I've seen the WMS "Used Cars" game and they had one right by the front desk. I was happy to run $40 through it and enjoyed it so much I didn't care that I lost that much. I was up $600+ by the end of the night so it's all good. My wife enjoyed herself as well. The casino is on both the ground floor and the second floor. They have table games but that's not our thing. Slot machines run the gamut, lots of penny machines, lots of 25 cent machines, some dollar machines. They also have a high stakes area with $2, $5, $10, $20, and even a $100 machine. Remind me not to play the $100 machine again. The next morning, we tried the breakfast buffet and got there right when it opened. The selection was limited but they had biscuits, toast, gravy, sausage, eggs, bacon, fruit, pancakes, french toast, and a few other things I can't recall. It was worth it. Service was good as well and the lady made sure we had enough coffee (best coffee I have had on this trip so far and we're 3 weeks in) and juices and milks. Checkout was easy, valets were fast both in and out, and we were back on the road in no time. Rooms cost $81 each that particular Tuesday night and this was a good price for what we got.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the pool or the Gulf, but Gulf rooms up through the 5th floors are obscured by the AC units for the casino floor. Try to stay on the 6th floor or higher for a great view of the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alan M
Treasure_1980, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for recent review of our product and for all the kind words. You sir, know how to write a review! Your appraisal was well organized, followed a timeline, provided a multitude of facts and was entertaining. We wish a very safe journey to you and your family and hope that you’ll visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I booked our room online several months back. We arrived a little early due to them being on central time and us on EDT. We waited at the most 5 minutes in line to check in. Roxie was very friendly and helpful during our check-in. We found our room was exactly what I had booked..a king non-smoking room with an ocean view. The room was clean and had an excellent view. My husband couldn't believe we had such a nice room on the ocean for such a decent price. The housekeeping staff was very friendly offering to get us anything we needed during our stay. We used the pool without any problems and the lady in the gift shop that gave us the towels was friendly. The security staff never bothered us as we went in and out of the hotel. We didn't find the smoke from the casino to be overbearing, however, we never actually spent time in the casino. We enjoyed the buffett and our waitress was very nice.We arrived on Sunday July 1, 2012 and stayed til Thursday July 5, 2012 so we were able to enjoy the many fireworks on the beach on the 4th of July! I would suggest The Treasure Bay to any of my friends and family wanting to go to the Gulf without having to deal with crowded beaches.

Room Tip: 8th floor room with ocean view is well worth the price
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laura B

Thank you for recent review of our product and for all the kind words. We appreciate you dispelling many of the rumors that have been generated by other reviews in times past. We strive to offer the best possible product at a reasonable price. Your recommendation of our services to your family and friends is the highest honor that you could bestow upon us and we are grateful for it. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights-very clean-hotel and casino people very helpful-enjoyed tremendously

Room Tip: high floor with view of ocean
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lady h

Thank you for your recent review of our property and the kind words. We hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

First of all we come to the Coast once a year for our family vacation. When we come we always stay here but this year I had to book through hotels.com because of availability. Check in was fast and easy in fact we were so tired from the heat and travelling that they were able to accomodate uswith an early checkin with no problem. We got to the room and had problems with the door if we opened the door to the balcony the room door came open. That happened every time we went on the balcony. We ended up not being able to go and sit on the balcony. Nobody answered at the front desk when we called to complain about it. Their were lights out in the room and the toilet would not flush unless you stood there and held it for at least two minutes. We tried to call a couple of times but once again no answer. I just assumed it was because it was a Friday and just busy. I have seen some posts about the security and that I will agree with. Once you exit the elevator you have to go down the hallway and outside to get to the pool we were stopped 3 times and asked if we were guests. I had my bag for the pool and also the towels they issue in the gift shop. I am glad to see they are so on top of security but my 7 year old had no intention of going on the floor. When I went downstairs to check out the next morning the check out gentleman named Charles would not let me speak to anyone to complain. He told me to tell hotels.com. Due to this trip it will make me think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mommyofaboy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our product. I regret that you had difficulty that was not resolved during your trip. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider visiting the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon.