“Last trip of the Summer”

Best Western Plus Cypress Creek
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We decided to stay here at the last minute based on the rate. Could not have been more pleased. Hotel was very nice, room was spacious, staff was friendly. The only downside to the trip was there was not much to do because the city is still rebuilding from Katrina. My husband and I went to Biloxi on our honeymoon 18yrs ago and we were amazed and at everything that was gone and how much work that has been done to rebuild the city. The beaches were very clean and not crowded a plus for us as we did not want to be around a big crowd.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Cypress Creek

Reviewed July 22, 2009

This hotel is actually at the Ocean Springs exit off I-10. You can either take state road 50 into downtown Ocean Springs and across the new bridge into Biloxi, or you can get back on I-10 to exit 46, which is I-110, the spur interstate that leads right to the Beau Rivage and Hard Rock. For a one-night Memorial Day weekend stay, this place wasn't bad. The plasma TV actually had some hi-def signals, an offering not always available at hotels. The room was very clean, the bed was fairly comfortable, and there was a fairly good selection of food at breakfast time. Unfortunately, wireless Internet was not available (you had to hook your computer to the wall) and the room safe didn't work. Overall, however, it's not a bad place to spend a night if the casinos are sold out.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at the Best Western Cypress Creek in Biloxi, MS while traveling to Walt Disney World from Texas. The location is fantastic, less than a minute from IH-10.

I had an advance reservation so check-in was fast and the clerk was pleasant. I told her that our party of five included a toddler child and that we needed a roll away bed, and she said she would try to find one for us. By the time we unloaded our vehicle and got to our room, a roll away had been placed in our room – talk about fast service!

The room was clean and included a flat screen television. The bathroom was also clean, and I am particular about hotel room cleanliness, so this was a plus.

There are plenty of typical fast food places nearby to include a Waffle House (the unofficial Starbucks of the South) within close walking distance but we drove a few miles down the road to have a nice dinner at Chilis, about 10 minutes away in nearby D’Iberville.

The complimentary breakfast was fresh and included typical continental breakfast fare such as donuts, coffee, juice and cereal - just enough to get us on our way.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

*At check-in, they tried to put me in a Queen bed room after I had reserved a King room. They said that "it's the only one they had available." I asked them to comp my rate and they gave me 10% off of my stay.

*Hotel lobby seemed clean and orderly. Television, comfortable chairs, breakfast area was nice. Really good waffle maker.

*Had to ask for all personal effects items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, etc). They use these disposable toothbrushes with the toothpaste integrated in, they're one-time use. I personally didn't like them, they didn't have enough toothpaste and in general did not leave your mouth feeling very clean. The hotel does not carry mouthwash.

*Had a room that was 3/4's down the length of the hallway. Wifi did not work on my iPhone if I was in the room. I had to sit in either the lobby or in the corner of the workout room to get reception. The wifi data rate cuts out every time someone uses the microwave. I recommend not doing any serious data usage before 10AM (when the breakfast crowd clears). Made downloading a movie a pain. Fortunately there was a set of chairs in the hallway with a power jack behind them, I just sat there and read a book while I downloaded my movie.

*Room was clean. No bugs. Bathroom smelled like someone smoked in it (we reserved a non-smoking room).

*Whirlpool tub is a joke. It's not a large 2-person whirlpool tub like the ones at Country Inn & Suites across the street, or even a garden tub. It's a standard sized one-person tub with jets integrated with the shower unit in the bathroom. Don't expect to have a romantic evening in this.

*The outside card reader to the back door (the one facing the back parking lot) was broken.

*Did not swim in the pool, so I have no information about that.

*Refrigerator worked good. Freezer section works well.

*Shelf for towels in the bathroom was partially detatched from the wall.

*Fitness center has working treadmill and weight machine for various exercises. It was what you'd normally see in this kind of gym and worked fine.

***All in all, a good value for the money. We slept soundly, paid what I thought was the right price (also got a discount for being a Costco member), ate 2 good breakfasts, and had no major problems. Would recommend for a business trip, trip to family, or a vacation if you don't want luxury. Would not recommend for a romantic evening or if you want top-of-the-line (or even 4-star) amenities and service.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chesko
Reviewed April 26, 2009

My family and I stayed there during the crawfish festival in Biloxi (short drive and close to the best beach) and were VERY HAPPY with the service of the staff. I have a 2 yr. old and a 5 month old and having the free crib was a wonderful thing! They actually let us check out at 1pm so my little 2yr old had time to enjoy the pool before we left! This hotel offered the same service and cleanliness as hotels that cost over double the price in the same area. The town of Ocean Springs is such a nice place to find some unique shops and restaurants ( my wifes words). We will definately stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We traveled over 7,000 miles on a trip to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Blackhills and the Badlands. Stayed in many lovely motels and the Best Western Cypress Creek was by far the worst one we encountered. Tried to tell the front desk staff and their comment was "ummm, really don't know what to do." When asked if a manager was on property or how we could reach said person, we were again told, "umm, don"t really know what we can do to help you."
We will never again stay at a Best Western based on our experience at Cypress Creek - in fact, we gave them our guide book and told them to dispose of it. We are not hard to please, but to have the front desk staff know of our problems and then not even attampt to help us out is absolutely ridiculous. I have attempted to contact management, but no luck - so this review is my solution!
Ronald & Patricia Kennedy
Hudson, FL

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank keysbums
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We stayed here on our way to Orlando and it was a very nice hotel. I
had read some reviews that made me question my decision, but, we had no problems. The room was very nice. We called to make a reservation on our way back and had no problem. We requested a downstairs room and there was no problem. Just remember, sometimes, you have to take reviews from other travelers with a grain of salt, due to a problem they may have had. If we are ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2007