“Great room, Great location!”

Best Western Oak Manor
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We needed a place to stay last min. I read the reviews and decided to give it a try...we were not disappointed. The room was spacious and clean and the balcony was a plus for me as I love to sit outside in the fresh air!! The staff was very nice and the location was great! Breakfast was one of the best i've had at a Best Western anywhere, having a large selection of hot foods! My husband had a freshly made waffle with bacon and sausage and I was impressed with the fresh blueberries! The only negative thing I can say is that the hallways reaked of smoke!!! But I would stay again if in the area!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Travelbug1990
There are newer reviews for Best Western Oak Manor

Reviewed June 3, 2011

I assume the price was much less than the Hard Rock and Beau Rivage casinos across the street but nothing special about this place. I personally didn't like the separation of front desk/lobby from the rest of the hotel. Breakfast room was crowded, I only got juice altho the waffles looked decent (freshly made). Not bad but nothing exciting which is the case for Biloxi in general if you don't gamble. Ocean Springs was more lively.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Joanie881
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Picked this BW for its location close to Casinos and the beach. Our room was large, clean and quiet with all the amenities that we needed. The staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was very adequate. We used the swimming pool which was fine apart from our last day where a bunch of 20 year old girls were drinking alcohol in the pool shouting over their soundblaster playing loud weird music for all to hear. I think that this shouldn't be allowed in any pool area especially with young children around where people come to relax, the hotel should ban this. The price was reasonable for what you get. The area lacked the type of eating places we are comfortable with such as moderate priced family run establishments but you can always eat at the casinos for quite a bit extra. Good for the beach.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We were very happy with the location of the Best Western, right opposite Beau Rivage. Our room in the block across the back was spacious and had a small balcony - although only overlooking a laneway to the side.
The bed was very comfortable. Check in/out was polite and efficient, but as it is in another building, you don't see staff in between. The breakfast room, in our building, was perhaps too small, with no spare tables when we went down and people standing eating in the hallway. Next day we went at a less popular time, and it was fine. The pool looked nice, and was popular with the kids. Parking was free and easily accessible.
All in all we found this to be a very comfortable and convenient place to stay, at a much more reasonable price than the Casinos just across the road.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yambagal
Reviewed May 5, 2011

For starters, I was traveling with my sister and a 5, 7, and two 9 yr old girls. Well I had an issue with someone (a man) trying to get into the room, luckily I had the security latch on, so he wasn't able to get in. When calling the front desk to explain what happened, the clerk said it was probably just maintenance. So I began to explain that no one knocked or announced that they were coming in. Well Sabrina (the clerk) said that they have had complaints before that employees have walked into rooms without knocking or announcing themselves. That didn't make me feel at ease. I asked Sabrina if she had children and she said, "She did and if that happened to her she would be packing her bags and leaving." Needless to say that's exactly what I did! Well the story I got a before checking out was that the man was a guest and went to the wrong door, and he told them my door was open. Tomfoolery!!! Not only was my door closed, but the security latch was on. Unfortunately my words fell on deaf ears when letting the staff know that I ABSOLUTELY had the door closed and the security latch on. The staff attempted to try to pacify me by saying that they have forgotten their door open with the latch on and blah blah blah. Tell it to someone who is crazy and deranged because I'm not that person. Maybe the clerk typed in my room number into his key, I don't know. But what I do know is that I closed and secured my door, I packed my things and went elsewhere, and that I will never go back to the Best Western Plus - Oak Manor!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Amber T
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Oak Manor enroute to an motorcycle conference in New Orleans. We rode in without reservations and the receptionist were very helpful in obtaining a great room. The hotel was the best accomodations of our trip.

The hotel appeared to be newly remodeled and everything from the rugs to bathrooms were spotless and modern. Our room had a refrig, microwave, coffee, and flat screen TV. The location was great (for my wife who loves slot machines) across from the Beau Rivage Hotel. The price was I am sure, was half of what they would charge, and all you had to do was cross the road.

The breakfast was great, especially the fact that an attendant was on site, and made the waffles for my wife. A great, and unexpected touch.

Our ground floor rooms patio door opened to a small patio, and the area our motorcycles were parked. This hotel will be a definate stop if ever we pass this way again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank HunkyJoe
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Very glad we chose this hotel instead of a casino room in Biloxi. The location was great! Right across the street from the casinos but out of the crowds. Very nice rooms, nice staff, and very good breakfast. All in all a very pleasant stay!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple