“Very Sleek ”

Cora's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cora's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 247 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come enjoy fresh Gulf coast seafood, perfectly seasoned steaks with 40 wines available by the glass, 16 local and craft beers on draft in the most beautiful setting on the Gulf Coast. Located inside the White House Hotel Biloxi. Daily 2 for 1 specials Monday - Friday: House Cocktails Mondays Draft Beers Tuesdays Glass wines Wednesdays Bar Appetizers Thursdays House Cocktails Fridays
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I had a great experience at Cora's. Our wine selection, Paul Hobbs Pinot was excellent. The portions are great and the flavors of every dish meshed well. We will return.

1  Thank Nrntvn

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My wife, her brother, his wife & I, had my birthday dinner at this beautiful new restaurant on Friday 8/8. My wife grew up in Biloxi with fond memories of the elegant White House Hotel on Beach Boulevard, so she was particularly thrilled that the building was finally restored & had re-opened almost nine years after Hurricane Katrina. We were not disappointed.

First of all, the hotel's restoration is stunning, with an expensive, high-concept lobby highlighted with modern white furnishings, lovely art/décor, & large, captivating black-and-white photographs from what appears to be the 1920s. Very impressive, evoking an art deco vibe.... The grounds & pool in front of the hotel are equally beautiful

The restaurant - only open for about a week - was lovely, only falling a bit short in comparison with the lobby. Our meals were excellent: a GOOD lemon drop martini (better than most world-wide); arguably the best squash soup we have ever tasted; fresh grouper shared by my wife & me that was moist & flavorfully seasoned; & Louis salad shared by my wife's brother & his wife that was OK. The only false note in the food was a Caesar salad that was quite disappointing: poor presentation of simple lettuce, boring croutons, & some uninspired dressing - all quite out of keeping with the other excellent food.

Ambiance was elegant without being stuffy or pretentious, including smooth jazz music that sounded virtually real. The restaurant's Web site has an excellent photo of the restaurant that conveys the atmosphere very nicely: http://www.whitehousebiloxi.com/dining/cora-s-restaurant-bar.htm.

A few problems that are probably only part of the newness of the restaurant: our waiter was very gracious & helpful, but struggled [understandably] with some of the details; the wine list on a tablet computer was hard to navigate; the paper menu was not very extensive & lacked imagination; the menu descriptions were printed in a too-small font that made reading almost impossible in the dim light.

Over-all, a terrific addition to Biloxi's dining scene & well worth your visit!

2  Thank RalphSchmitt
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We visited Cora's the week after it opened. We walked and were amazed by the beauty and attention t detail. The bar was beautiful and we were greeted right away. The servers in the restaurant all use Ipads and are very knowledgeable about the menu. The Calamari appetizer wa delicious. I had the ribeye steak which was wonderful, and my wife had an Italian Linguini dish. Very happy with this new restaurant and can' wait to go back.

2  Thank Taylor6String

Been to Cora's Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!