“Amazing”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The staff was very friendly. The pool is wonderful. The Hotel and Casino very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The Beds are crazy comfortable. All around a great weekend thanks to Hard Rock Staff.

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Stayed with friends and family members for a bachelor party in June. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel employees were very nice. We also had a great time in the casino.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Relaxing atmosphere, most comfortable beds, spacious shower, clean and fresh smelling

Reviewed July 5, 2010

We went for the 4th of July weekend and it was our anniversary. My first complaint is the kids had nothing to do but go to the pool, we arrived on Saturday and when they say 4pm check in "THEY MEAN IT" so no pool on Saturday, Sunday was DETOX PARTY we got a nice spot to have for the day, all was good until security came and said "this might not be a place for your 19 and 14 year old daughters my response was "I paid $530.00 for Saturday night and $139.00 for Sunday night my kids are stayin, it wasn't as wild as they said it would be but what got me was as much as we paid for our stay the locals got to pay $5.00 and overtake the pool the whole Sunday, enough about the pool. The room was nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The buffet was ok but $20.00 a head even for kids was a bit much, Ruth Chris was nice, the casino does not pay out anything don't waste your money. The hotel says its Pet Friendly -NOT- the only place your pet is allowed is lobby and room, I was yelled at by staff left and right, "you can't do this, you can't do that. We didn't even get to see the firework display because nobody at the hotel knew ANYTHING. Spent alot of money and the whole time kept thinking we could have went to Hawaii, because believe me this place does not GIVE anything. Been there done that, WON'T be back. BORING, BORING, BORING FOR A FAMILY THAT IS.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank louisianagirl68
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We arrived after a 10 hour drive from Florida. I had read many reviews of this hotel so we planned on arriving around 4pm since that is check in time and it is strictly enforced. We forgot to factor in the time change so we were too early to check in. Not a problem, we gave our bags to the front desk and went for lunch at the Hard Rock Café to wait until 4:00. When we were done with lunch we noticed that two of our bags were missing from behind the front desk. We asked a bell man and he said he would check it out for us. When we went to check in at 4:00, still no bags. I knew something was very wrong when I saw the manager whisper to the attendant checking us in to just send us to our room. They said they would send the bags up in 10 minutes. This was not the case; we waited over two hour’s frantic, stuck waiting in our room. The bags had our jewelry, make-up among other valuable items. I spoke with the manager of the bell service. He said they were doing everything to find our bags. Obviously they gave them to someone else. We finally spoke with security, Mike ____, I wish I knew his name because he was the only comfort we got out of this whole ordeal. Mike called us and thought he found one of our bags so we meet him at the bell desk to see if it was ours. Thank goodness it was, they let us look around for the other one but it was not there. Still frantic, pacing in our room they finally found our other bag (Another hour later). After I calmed down I began to look around our room. We were looking at a wall with a latter. No view of anything whatsoever. There also was mold in the shower. (See pictures) We booked this vacation months ago and were so looking forward to staying at the Hard Rock (We usually stay at the Beau) But this room was not anything I thought the Hard Rock would ever offer. To add to this shoddy room, we woke up to a hammer pounding every morning. They had flyers stating that construction was going on the 12th floor and to pardon the interruption. We were on the 4th!
After this stressful first day I just wanted to relax and forget everything, now that we had our bags. So I decided to speak with a manager the next day after I had calmed down. We were not expecting much, my husband and I are not the kind of people to complain ever, but after the day we just had we thought the hotel would at least try and make an effort to make us happy. I spoke with what I am assuming was the manager; unfortunately I did not get her name. She gave no apology for the bags getting lost, just blamed it on the bell service and asked if we would like to talk with them (I spoke with him the day before). As for the room she said we paid for a room with obstructed views. I went back to my reservations and to the web site and nowhere does it state “OBSTRUCTED VIEWS.” The only thing I see is a more expensive room with a view of the gulf. Oh, I forgot the manager did offer us two free buffets. We didn’t take them; it was sort of like a slap in the face.
As for the casino, we play video poker and have always liked to play at the Hard Rock. Even when we stay at the Beau we would always walk over to the Hard Rock. Not this time, they used to have really good pay outs but not anymore. We found ourselves walking over to The Beau (bad payouts too) or driving over to IP which we found to have the video poker best payouts in Biloxi.
As for the oil spill, we rode our bikes up and down the beach and did not see or smell oil. In closing I wanted to say that you would think with all the people avoiding the gulf because of the oil spill these days that the Hard Rock would want to keep the cliental they do have as happy as possible.
I guess not!

1  Thank RufasFlorida
HardRockBiloxi, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

We were very upset to read your review and to hear about your experience at Hard Rock. We are very sorry the construction disrupted your stay; however are happy to announce our construction is completed and will no longer be an inconvenience to our guests. Also, we have taken care of the cleanliness issues you mentioned and have changed our room descriptions on our website to read as "view" or "non view" rooms, to better describe our rooms to our guests before their arrival.
We hope that you will be able to return to Hard Rock to experience the great product and customer service we are known for and certainly apologize for falling short on your first trip.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

The Hardrock asked for a review of my experience and here is what I sent them:

Overall our stay was below average compared to our expectations. Seeing that this was a four star hotel, we were suprised to find what looked like mens underwear left on the floor behind the arm chair in the room. Housekeeping did come and remove the clothing and gave us chocolate strawberries to compensate (it was our 5th year anniversary and we were staying there for 5-days).

Then we went to play our ipod and there was no dock. Housekeeping did get one so that we could use it in the room. Then the next morning after our first night we were awakened by someone hammering on the walls. Called the 7000 line and was told that there was construction being done on the 12th floor and that there was a note on the counter downstairs. Why weren't we told this when we checked in? I'm just suppose to notice a note laying on the counter? Also, we were on the 10th floor, we should not have heard work being done on the 12th. This lasted throughout the week. We were disappointed but I told my husband that this was the "murphy's law" of hotels for us and gave up. One day we did not get any housekeeping even though we were out of the room for a considerable amount of time. The shower in the bathroom looks really neat, but it leaked so much that we had to get extra towels and put the HR robes on the floor to keep there from being a swimming pool near the toliet.

Now on to the good stuff... The customer service is wonderful!! The valet and bellstaff were extremely nice! There was someone in the casino who welcomed us and said that without us there would be no Hardrock! It was great! Room service was yummy and we enjoyed the cabana rental with sweet fruit and cold water. The casino floor was very clean and we enjoyed all of the fun slots!

One unresolved note - housekeeping mistakenly took my personal pool towel from the room and ****** from Housekeeping is following up on this. Hopefully I will hear from her soon, my towel was white, but it was actually two towels sewn together and is much bigger than they normal ones that come in the room.

Overall the stay was interesting and fun, even through at times I was somewhat annoyed.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

We went to show support for the Gulf Coast communities as well as to stay at the HRH/Biloxi in mid-June. We stayed there for three nights. Outside, the beach was untouched by the oil spill, but few people were there anyway. Inside, the HRH was rocking as usual. Great lobby, much memorabilia, and a wonderful buffet. Some sore spots were the aforementioned Bose CD/radio player in the room which would play like for eight minutes and quit. Maintenance was called twice to no avail. Worst of all when I told the staffer at checkout that the Bose had never worked, she said, "Oh, it was only complimentary." It's HRH, for goodness' sakes. Music is supposed to work there. Be prepared for the following: strange sliding glass doors from the bathroom to the bedroom (you can see shapes), a mini-bar that doesn't get updated, arrogant desk service and no digital TV (just analog). It's 2010, people. Not the Las Vegas HRH, for sure.