“Bad Experience”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We arrived after a 10 hour drive from Florida. I had read many reviews of this hotel so we planned on arriving around 4pm since that is check in time and it is strictly enforced. We forgot to factor in the time change so we were too early to check in. Not a problem, we gave our bags to the front desk and went for lunch at the Hard Rock Café to wait until 4:00. When we were done with lunch we noticed that two of our bags were missing from behind the front desk. We asked a bell man and he said he would check it out for us. When we went to check in at 4:00, still no bags. I knew something was very wrong when I saw the manager whisper to the attendant checking us in to just send us to our room. They said they would send the bags up in 10 minutes. This was not the case; we waited over two hour’s frantic, stuck waiting in our room. The bags had our jewelry, make-up among other valuable items. I spoke with the manager of the bell service. He said they were doing everything to find our bags. Obviously they gave them to someone else. We finally spoke with security, Mike ____, I wish I knew his name because he was the only comfort we got out of this whole ordeal. Mike called us and thought he found one of our bags so we meet him at the bell desk to see if it was ours. Thank goodness it was, they let us look around for the other one but it was not there. Still frantic, pacing in our room they finally found our other bag (Another hour later). After I calmed down I began to look around our room. We were looking at a wall with a latter. No view of anything whatsoever. There also was mold in the shower. (See pictures) We booked this vacation months ago and were so looking forward to staying at the Hard Rock (We usually stay at the Beau) But this room was not anything I thought the Hard Rock would ever offer. To add to this shoddy room, we woke up to a hammer pounding every morning. They had flyers stating that construction was going on the 12th floor and to pardon the interruption. We were on the 4th!
After this stressful first day I just wanted to relax and forget everything, now that we had our bags. So I decided to speak with a manager the next day after I had calmed down. We were not expecting much, my husband and I are not the kind of people to complain ever, but after the day we just had we thought the hotel would at least try and make an effort to make us happy. I spoke with what I am assuming was the manager; unfortunately I did not get her name. She gave no apology for the bags getting lost, just blamed it on the bell service and asked if we would like to talk with them (I spoke with him the day before). As for the room she said we paid for a room with obstructed views. I went back to my reservations and to the web site and nowhere does it state “OBSTRUCTED VIEWS.” The only thing I see is a more expensive room with a view of the gulf. Oh, I forgot the manager did offer us two free buffets. We didn’t take them; it was sort of like a slap in the face.
As for the casino, we play video poker and have always liked to play at the Hard Rock. Even when we stay at the Beau we would always walk over to the Hard Rock. Not this time, they used to have really good pay outs but not anymore. We found ourselves walking over to The Beau (bad payouts too) or driving over to IP which we found to have the video poker best payouts in Biloxi.
As for the oil spill, we rode our bikes up and down the beach and did not see or smell oil. In closing I wanted to say that you would think with all the people avoiding the gulf because of the oil spill these days that the Hard Rock would want to keep the cliental they do have as happy as possible.
I guess not!

1  Thank RufasFlorida
HardRockBiloxi, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

We were very upset to read your review and to hear about your experience at Hard Rock. We are very sorry the construction disrupted your stay; however are happy to announce our construction is completed and will no longer be an inconvenience to our guests. Also, we have taken care of the cleanliness issues you mentioned and have changed our room descriptions on our website to read as "view" or "non view" rooms, to better describe our rooms to our guests before their arrival.
We hope that you will be able to return to Hard Rock to experience the great product and customer service we are known for and certainly apologize for falling short on your first trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed June 28, 2010

The Hardrock asked for a review of my experience and here is what I sent them:

Overall our stay was below average compared to our expectations. Seeing that this was a four star hotel, we were suprised to find what looked like mens underwear left on the floor behind the arm chair in the room. Housekeeping did come and remove the clothing and gave us chocolate strawberries to compensate (it was our 5th year anniversary and we were staying there for 5-days).

Then we went to play our ipod and there was no dock. Housekeeping did get one so that we could use it in the room. Then the next morning after our first night we were awakened by someone hammering on the walls. Called the 7000 line and was told that there was construction being done on the 12th floor and that there was a note on the counter downstairs. Why weren't we told this when we checked in? I'm just suppose to notice a note laying on the counter? Also, we were on the 10th floor, we should not have heard work being done on the 12th. This lasted throughout the week. We were disappointed but I told my husband that this was the "murphy's law" of hotels for us and gave up. One day we did not get any housekeeping even though we were out of the room for a considerable amount of time. The shower in the bathroom looks really neat, but it leaked so much that we had to get extra towels and put the HR robes on the floor to keep there from being a swimming pool near the toliet.

Now on to the good stuff... The customer service is wonderful!! The valet and bellstaff were extremely nice! There was someone in the casino who welcomed us and said that without us there would be no Hardrock! It was great! Room service was yummy and we enjoyed the cabana rental with sweet fruit and cold water. The casino floor was very clean and we enjoyed all of the fun slots!

One unresolved note - housekeeping mistakenly took my personal pool towel from the room and ****** from Housekeeping is following up on this. Hopefully I will hear from her soon, my towel was white, but it was actually two towels sewn together and is much bigger than they normal ones that come in the room.

Overall the stay was interesting and fun, even through at times I was somewhat annoyed.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

We went to show support for the Gulf Coast communities as well as to stay at the HRH/Biloxi in mid-June. We stayed there for three nights. Outside, the beach was untouched by the oil spill, but few people were there anyway. Inside, the HRH was rocking as usual. Great lobby, much memorabilia, and a wonderful buffet. Some sore spots were the aforementioned Bose CD/radio player in the room which would play like for eight minutes and quit. Maintenance was called twice to no avail. Worst of all when I told the staffer at checkout that the Bose had never worked, she said, "Oh, it was only complimentary." It's HRH, for goodness' sakes. Music is supposed to work there. Be prepared for the following: strange sliding glass doors from the bathroom to the bedroom (you can see shapes), a mini-bar that doesn't get updated, arrogant desk service and no digital TV (just analog). It's 2010, people. Not the Las Vegas HRH, for sure.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Came to Biloxi for a 3 day getaway with my wife while the kids were at summer camp. I'll just list positives and negatives as we saw them....

The hotel is really cool and the rooms are very nice. Loved the memorabilia (especially Frank Zappa's quilt). Bed was very comfortable.

The casino staff was great (a couple of the blackjack dealers were very entertaining, Bo or Matt and a lady I can't quite remember her name, Jo I think). They were great.

Sam Adams was a free beer choice in the casino. That was unexpected and a nice plus for me.

The pool was very cool.

We got there a couple hours early and couldn't check-in until 4 pm. Were told to check back every hour, but it just wasn't happening. One time my wife called to check and the phone person was rude (this was the case a couple times with the same individual on the phone). Most hotels I've ever stayed in, checking in a couple hours early wasn't an issue. Although it is understood the room isn't guaranteed until 4 pm, I think most people expect something should be available if they show up an hour or 2 early. I see enough people bring it up in the reviews. Hard Rock management should take note.

We booked through travelocity and got a great rate. We were concerned with exactly what "deluxe" meant as that is how the room is described on travelocity, so we called the Hard Rock. We wanted a view. The person we spoke to implied that if we booked for 3 days or more (even through travelocity) we were getting a view as that was all that was available during our time frame. Well guess what, our room had a view all right, a view of a wall, some scaffolding, and a bunch of empty caulk containers. I know the lady was probably sharing more than she was supposed to and just trying to help us out, but FYI.

The room we got (with the crappy view) was immaculate, but it smelled like a beauty parlor. Very strong smell like when somebody gets a perm. This was on the 3rd floor and is where ther spa is located. You could smell the same smell in the hallway, but it was stronger in our room. I'm not sure why. I think it was either the proximity to the spa or they had to do some hardcore cleanup from the night before in our room. I went back down to the front desk and explained the problem to Jared. I could not sleep in that room for one night let alone 3. Jared took care of us and gave us a smell free room on the 7th floor. It even had a nice view.

We had one day where we left the room at 8 am, returned a little before 4 pm and the room had still not been cleaned. They had it fixed within an hour, but that really sucked. Especially when you've been out all day and just want to relax and take a shower.

The minimum bet at the blackjack table is $5 and goes up to $10 ~6 pm and $15 sometimes thereafter. There was no set schedule for it. If you get to a table before they raise the minimum you are grandfathered in (which was nice).

The casino's player's club card is heavily skewed towards the slots. I easily played 12 hours of blackjack and didn't get any points for it. My wife played nearly as much in just nickel slots and has a ton of points.

All in all we had a great trip with a few hiccups. If Jared hadn't taken care of us, I'd probably be writing a very negative review right now. It would have really sucked to stay in that first room for 3 nights. I think the individual working the phone (it was always the same person) needs some customer service training, but otherwise great trip

Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock last Tuesday. Upon check in I asked for a jacuzzi suite upgrade and was informed I had already been upgraded to a suite for no extra charge. That was awesome. We had a corner room on the 5th floor and it was outstanding. There were plenty of towels and pillows and the room was very clean. We didn't order roomservice or use the pool so I cannot comment on that. The buffet was very dissapointing and the Hard Rock Cafe was just ok. I didn't like thaT there are no bathrooms in the Cafe. we will try Ruth Chris next time instead.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

My friends and i booked 2 connecting rooms and payed extra for a view of the gulf. We arrived at 2PM and our rooms were not ready. Came back at 4PM and the rooms were still not ready . Came back at 6PM , went to the rooms and the VIEW was the parking lot!!
Went to front desk and said we wanted a view or the gulf or reduce the rate. Would not reduce the rate and gave us two room, not connecting and the view was a partial view of the gulf. They were very rude. The bathtub was so high, (mid thigh) that one of my 5 foot friends could not get in the tub and did not bath for 2 days!! (our ages are between 58 and 63). Also, there was no table in the room. We asked for a table, but said none was available. The second day we left our room at 9am and when we returned at 5PM our rooms had not been cleaned. Had to call the front desk to get service. The only positive was that the beds were very comfortable. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Just back from another great trip to Biloxi. Decided this time to try the Hard Rock and could not have been more pleased. Great service upbeat attitude and plenty to do. The Pool was great and so was the Casino. Never had to wait for anything we asked for including the Valet. We are already planning another trip.