“A few rough spots, but still had a great time...” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
St. Augustine, Florida
“A few rough spots, but still had a great time...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

Came to Biloxi for a 3 day getaway with my wife while the kids were at summer camp. I'll just list positives and negatives as we saw them....

The hotel is really cool and the rooms are very nice. Loved the memorabilia (especially Frank Zappa's quilt). Bed was very comfortable.

The casino staff was great (a couple of the blackjack dealers were very entertaining, Bo or Matt and a lady I can't quite remember her name, Jo I think). They were great.

Sam Adams was a free beer choice in the casino. That was unexpected and a nice plus for me.

The pool was very cool.

We got there a couple hours early and couldn't check-in until 4 pm. Were told to check back every hour, but it just wasn't happening. One time my wife called to check and the phone person was rude (this was the case a couple times with the same individual on the phone). Most hotels I've ever stayed in, checking in a couple hours early wasn't an issue. Although it is understood the room isn't guaranteed until 4 pm, I think most people expect something should be available if they show up an hour or 2 early. I see enough people bring it up in the reviews. Hard Rock management should take note.

We booked through travelocity and got a great rate. We were concerned with exactly what "deluxe" meant as that is how the room is described on travelocity, so we called the Hard Rock. We wanted a view. The person we spoke to implied that if we booked for 3 days or more (even through travelocity) we were getting a view as that was all that was available during our time frame. Well guess what, our room had a view all right, a view of a wall, some scaffolding, and a bunch of empty caulk containers. I know the lady was probably sharing more than she was supposed to and just trying to help us out, but FYI.

The room we got (with the crappy view) was immaculate, but it smelled like a beauty parlor. Very strong smell like when somebody gets a perm. This was on the 3rd floor and is where ther spa is located. You could smell the same smell in the hallway, but it was stronger in our room. I'm not sure why. I think it was either the proximity to the spa or they had to do some hardcore cleanup from the night before in our room. I went back down to the front desk and explained the problem to Jared. I could not sleep in that room for one night let alone 3. Jared took care of us and gave us a smell free room on the 7th floor. It even had a nice view.

We had one day where we left the room at 8 am, returned a little before 4 pm and the room had still not been cleaned. They had it fixed within an hour, but that really sucked. Especially when you've been out all day and just want to relax and take a shower.

The minimum bet at the blackjack table is $5 and goes up to $10 ~6 pm and $15 sometimes thereafter. There was no set schedule for it. If you get to a table before they raise the minimum you are grandfathered in (which was nice).

The casino's player's club card is heavily skewed towards the slots. I easily played 12 hours of blackjack and didn't get any points for it. My wife played nearly as much in just nickel slots and has a ton of points.

All in all we had a great trip with a few hiccups. If Jared hadn't taken care of us, I'd probably be writing a very negative review right now. It would have really sucked to stay in that first room for 3 nights. I think the individual working the phone (it was always the same person) needs some customer service training, but otherwise great trip

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Mississippi Gulf Coast, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock last Tuesday. Upon check in I asked for a jacuzzi suite upgrade and was informed I had already been upgraded to a suite for no extra charge. That was awesome. We had a corner room on the 5th floor and it was outstanding. There were plenty of towels and pillows and the room was very clean. We didn't order roomservice or use the pool so I cannot comment on that. The buffet was very dissapointing and the Hard Rock Cafe was just ok. I didn't like thaT there are no bathrooms in the Cafe. we will try Ruth Chris next time instead.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
new orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

My friends and i booked 2 connecting rooms and payed extra for a view of the gulf. We arrived at 2PM and our rooms were not ready. Came back at 4PM and the rooms were still not ready . Came back at 6PM , went to the rooms and the VIEW was the parking lot!!
Went to front desk and said we wanted a view or the gulf or reduce the rate. Would not reduce the rate and gave us two room, not connecting and the view was a partial view of the gulf. They were very rude. The bathtub was so high, (mid thigh) that one of my 5 foot friends could not get in the tub and did not bath for 2 days!! (our ages are between 58 and 63). Also, there was no table in the room. We asked for a table, but said none was available. The second day we left our room at 9am and when we returned at 5PM our rooms had not been cleaned. Had to call the front desk to get service. The only positive was that the beds were very comfortable. DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
North West Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

Just back from another great trip to Biloxi. Decided this time to try the Hard Rock and could not have been more pleased. Great service upbeat attitude and plenty to do. The Pool was great and so was the Casino. Never had to wait for anything we asked for including the Valet. We are already planning another trip.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

The rock is the only place to stay on the coast. The only smoke free casino, the air is clean. The staff makes you feel like a King!!!!!!

New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

We just returned from the Biloxi Hard Rock and here is what I sent to the staff:

Hi!
We just returned from a quick stay at the Hard Rock in Biloxi. My husband played in a pro tourney near Gulfport, and we chose to stay at the Hard Rock since we were bringing the grandkids for the night--I love the pool and knew it would be perfect for them. Not only were we able to get a early check-in yesterday, they also allowed the kids and me to stay until 1 PM today (we hung at the pool while hubbie played his game)...and then they kept our bags at the desk while the kids swam even longer.
This was our third trip to the Hard Rock in Biloxi, but it was the first time to take the kids. Everyone was so friendly and nice to them, and I didn't, even for a minute, feel like they were out of place. In fact, they got so tired from swimming yesterday that they (we) took a nap, and my husband was able to sneak away and play slots.
I won't stay anywhere else in Biloxi...even without the grandkids...and I will be sure to pass this info on to my friends. Yes, we (even 4-year-old Andrew) were treated like rock stars!

Thanks so much.
Covington, LA

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
HardRockBiloxi, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this review, June 11, 2010
Thanks for the great review. Very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

Nice hotel but the front desk should remember that they set first impression...

Price was good and was pleased that the price I ended up paying was actually less than the inital rate quoted. Yeah! I made reservation for my wife/kids that need a nice place to overnight on a long 2 day drive. After a 9 hour drive they arrived in before 4pm checkin (forgot about time change). Front Desk said "room not ready, come back in 30 min". Came back, "no room, come back 30 minutes". Came back 30 minutes later, front desk rudely informed them that it was a 4pm check in only and not to come back before then. OK then, came back at 4 and my wife was hassled as reservation was in my name, not hers. 10 minutes later they grudgingly said, yeah, OK, we'll honor your husbands reservation. Whats up wth that?? This after after 9 hour trip? Kids hit pool for a bit but rain forced them in to wait in smokey lobby until room became available (hotel was not full). Come on, front desk, get your act together!! Its simple things like this that make repeat customers (or not).

Other than that, they really liked the hotel and pool. Room was nice and quiet, price was excellent, Ben and Jerry's appreciated, and they actually liked the food. Music theme was fun for them. Other service was fine. Other feedback to note is that lobby smelled of smoke but non-smoking room did not... They had a good stay, however, I don't think I can overlook the slights at check-in and book for their drive back home. I'll stick to the more service-oriented Hilton / Marriott brands and pay the extra $20.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I hate to hear your stay was not great. I wanted to thank you for the review with your concerns so I can take care of the situation internally so that you or any other guests do not have the same type of inconvenience in the future.
I hope that you will give Hard Rock Biloxi the opportunity to make things right on your next visit.