“Thumbs up for the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino!”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
agent
“Thumbs up for the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino!”
Reviewed July 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock from July 21-24. This is a great hotel.We found the employees friendly and the rooms were top-notch. We especially loved the 42 inch plasma tv and the upscale shower with 3 shower heads. Our kingsized bed was so comfortable. We were on the 3rd floor, and unfortunately did not have a good view of the gulf, which would have been nice.
The restaurant buffet was quite good, very reasonably priced for the most part. (Wednesdays are half-priced at the buffet.) We had one fancy dinner at the Ruth's Chris Steak House. It was outstanding. The swimming pool was also wonderful and includes a nifty swim-up bar.

If there was one problem, I guess we would say it was the maid service. Our room was not cleaned up until very late afternoon. We had to call housekeeping, but when we did ,they arrived pretty quickly to clean. Otherwise, everything else about our stay was perfect. We would recommend the Hard Rock and hope to return again soon.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — the smoke in the casino
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjgwinn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Manila
Reviewed July 17, 2008

How does one begin? After i got some more information about Biloxi from www.biloxi.net, my girlfriend and i were all set for our planned trip to Biloxi. we booked at the Hard Rock Cafe, just thinking that it was famous and we know that the place is good. little did we know how good it was going to get for us.

The food at the Hard Rock in Biloxi was just amazing, with the service being extra special. It really felt like i had my very first experience of what "good service" is supposed to feel like.

Everybody at the hotel was corteous and attentive, and it showed in every other smiling guest i saw during my stay.

my girlfriend and I will definitely come back soon!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Theresa, NY
Reviewed July 7, 2008

All I can say is, "WOW!!!" We chose to stay at the Hard Rock because they were the only "pet friendly" hotel & casino in Biloxi. What a great stroke of luck! From the moment we arrived, everyone was extremely helpful. Since our room wasn't ready yet (couldn't check in until 3) and we wanted to play in a poker tournament, they helped us find accommodations for our dog.

When our room was ready, we went upstairs and could not believe it. We both travel a good bit, and this was probably the most luxurious "standard" room we've stayed in. We've stayed in suites that couldn't compare!

We both enjoyed the casino but especially enjoyed the buffet. They had a phenomenal selection of food - everything from sushi and crawfish to pasta and salads. I wish they had fresh-brewed sweet tea rather than the junk out of the soda fountain, but I digress. The food more than made up for it and I suffered with a soda. ;-)

When the Hard Rock says that they have "sleep like a rock" beds, they mean it! When I was all tuckered out from a long night of gambling, I melted into the bed and didn't want to ever come back out!!! The whirlpool tub was a nice touch, made even nicer by the Aveda toiletries. When I realized I had forgotten my toiletry bag and called downstairs for a comb and extra shampoo, they delivered a full-sized plastic shopping bag of toiletries, a sewing kit, brush, comb, toothbrushes - the works.

My boyfriend and I were both hoping we'd hit it big in the casino so that we could just buy a room. Neither one of us wanted to come home. I think my only caveat was that the view was so spectacular (floor to ceiling windows), my dog was terrified to go within 5 feet of the windows for fear of falling out. LOL

All in all, an amazing experience and I can't wait to return!!!

• Liked — The bed - where can I get one?!
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was phenomenal!!!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gawdess97
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Hard Rock Biloxi is a haven for young hard bodies. There is a beautiful pool with lots of lounges for maximum sun, fun, partying and drinking. On Sunday they closed the pool from 2-8PM for a 21 and up party. The kids really looked like they had a ball. Yes, I said kids cuz I am a busy mom who was fortunate enough to get a leave from my family to attend a wedding of a friend.

It wasn't all bad though. I caught my moments of peace at the hotel spa (the pedicure was decent) and the public beach down the street (it's certainly not the clean clear water of the Carribean but the beach was empty, the sand soft, the sun warm and the waves soothing).

The worst part about the hotel is the food. The Hard Rock Cafe was below average (I just had a hamburger for goodness sakes...I figured they could do that right!). I also ate at the 24/7 Grill. This was the best meal I had in the hotel restaurants, which is not saying a lot. They don't serve any fruit at the Grill (I guess they want to entice you to go to the more expensive buffet), so I ordered OJ to sub for my fruit, but it tasted like it came from a can. Yuck!! I will say this, the food that was served at the wedding was beyond delicious. The hotel should consider serving that caterer's food instead of their own.

I didn't venture into the Casino action at HRB, but it looked decent. I went to the Beau Rivage next door just to check it out and gambled a little there. It was fun, but I digress.

The room decor at the HRB was phenomenal (modern dark wood furniture, granite counter tops, a huge wall mounted plasma HD TV, glass accents). The cleanliness...not so much. There were a few artifacts from the last occupant - namely a hair scrunchy and crumbs in the sheets which grossed me out, so I slept under the blanket not between the sheets. I must add that the TV stations on the TV were extremely male biased. They had several ESPNs, Spike TV, and the like but not one chick channel. No HGTV, Discovery Home, Lifetime, nothing!! What's up with that??

The hotel staff was immediately responsive to our complaint about a running toilet.

If I were to go to Biloxi again (I might take my hubby if the price of the trip is less than going to Las Vegas), I would stay at the Beau Rivage. I need a more grown up atmosphere.

• Liked — the room decor
  • Disliked — the food!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank MetroMatch
Alabama, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2008

This place truly rocks! We arrived early around 12:30 and check in time is 4:00, we were not allowed to go to our room until about 3:00 that was fine, When we arrived our room was destroyed bachelor party and they must have had a heck of a time the room took until 4:50 to get clean, We finally got to our room at 5:00 because of our wait we got a free meal at the satisfaction buffet that place was packed but fast service, we arrived back at out room and took a bath in the wonderful whirlpool tub. After you get out you have the best robes in the world very expensive to buy though. The beds are completely awesome although the tv does not get many stations at all we had a fun time watching vh1 and the reviews of the 80's. That night I filled out the room service order form and arranged for a wake up call. And went to bed, That morning I woke up to an automated wake-up call and room service was at the door and I allowed them to come in and the laid down the tray and they said thank you and good bye (on the weekends place the trays out side the door for pick up and weekdays call ext 3663 for pick up) And then we went to the pool all I can say is WOW! huge, We played there for several hours and arrived back to our room and were extremely thirsty and got something our of the mini bar and off the party tray (Warning: the bar and tray have weight sensors and when you pick up an item even if you just look at it your charged for it no mater what) In some mini bars the price is outrageous for this mini bar the prices were great! Coke:$2.00, Juices:$2.00.Beer:$2.00 prices were great. Well I arranged for my last wake up call, and when It arrived I just picked it up and threw it back down well bad choice the front desk called about three times to make sure I was up and that I received my wake up call. Food arrived and I was not happy with the taste much different from Sunday morning, Over all the stay at this hotel was great, great service everything !

• Liked — The wirlpool bathtub
  • Disliked — Nothing loved it all
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank zledford
Victoria BC
Reviewed June 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Hard Rock Biloxi in June.
What a surprise to see this beautiful Hotel,The lobby amazing, Memorabilia all over the place.Rooms fantastic ,Huge shower, Great Bed ,two sinks,Flat Screen and the pool was something you would find in Mexico. Swim up bar ,Huge pool and lots of Loungers. We were they to see our favorite Band [Collective Soul] WE actually met the band in the pool and hung out for a while . [SUPER GREAT GUYS--GO SEE THEM!!!] The facility they played at was great too-- Great Concert!!. Food was good, lots of choices of where to eat including RUTH CHRIS and of course the Hard Rock Cafe.. The Rise Bar was fun to ,top floor. Staff were very friendy and helpful. We did not want to leave this fun fun Hotel. They always have good Bands there,Huge line up.
Hard Rock Hotel Rocked!!!

• Liked — Pool , Room ,Great Staff
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danify
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Very trendy hotel with modern rooms. The 3-headed showers are awesome. The pool area is also great.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple