“Hard Rock is figuring it out!!!”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Alabama
“Hard Rock is figuring it out!!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Well my wife and I decided to stay there for a second time after we chose to stay there last summer after it had originally opened. The only reason we did stay there was due to the Beau casino next door being too expensive. The first go around last summer was very sad. For it having just opened we expected much more. This time, though, we had as much fun as we had on our honeymoon in Key West 3 years prior. Got the low down from one of the bartenders who said that there were a couple of large layoffs and pretty much only the best were kept. The center bar has added a stage for live performances. It is in the dead center of the casino so you can see the act from pretty much anywhere. We loved this while we were playing blackjack. We won at blackjack which made the stay all the more fun, of course. Got a free comp for the Vibe restaurant from one of the pit bosses and enjoyed the meal tremendously. On Saturday we decided to check out the pool. An absolutely beautiful day made it perfect. Pool was very crowded but there was so much eye candy I will never complain. Can look but not touch, right? It seems that all of the people by the pool that we talked to seemed to be in party mode. If you are looking for a quiet place to come disappear, stay away. The pool was extremely fun. I got roasted so don't forget the sunblock. It made the next day miserable but I stayed in and gambled and watched some 'Big Dance' college basketball at the sportsbar so it worked out well. There are tables in front of that bar now so if you don't feel like gambling but still want to watch an event, you now have someplace to do it while your significant other attempts to lose all of your money at a stupid progressive slot machine that had some ridiculous amount on it that my wife new she was going to win and kept putting all of her winnings from the earlier night in and would not listen to me as I checked in to tell her that it was not going to happen as she blew me off. (o: (You are supposed to say that last sentence in one breath so you feel exhausted at the end like I did trying to get her away from that machine.) Anyway, the bartenders were very nice(look for Jerry in the Casino) and kept us filled up with alcohol, the pool was a blast, and the food in the Vibe was yummy. All the while, the beds were comfy, comfy, comfy and the shower had 3 heads to it so I did not have to spin around. Sometimes I wish I were a high roller so I could stay in those rooms forever but I am merely a common worker bee that enjoys my time away from reality. I did have a small issue with the valet guys but if I were a teenager parking cars, I may have temptations too. Besides that, we enjoyed our stay. If you do go it helps to win while gambling so if you can make that happen your time will be much more fun. Ha.

• Liked — winning the money
  • Disliked — valet
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Braaad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Stayed here for two nights in Feb 2008. Overall, found the hotel to be excellent, with nice ammenities. It is true the front desk is somewhat staffed with youngsters, but they get the job done(eventually).

The hotel room is well appointed, and very comfortable. In fact, probably my favorite hotel room ever. The TV is quite nice, and I can't say enough good things about the shower.

Ate at the buffet, which is good for the price. Ruth's Chris is good as always. The Hard Rock Cafe, is standard meaning slow service and subpar food.

The casino is a nice size, meaning you won't get lost. The dealers and pit bosses were some of the best I have ever encountered, anywhere. Food comps were pretty easy to come by, and the gaming staff really made the trip better for us.

I would DEFINITELY return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hobius
MS
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Our stay started off wrong from the beginning. We checked in at 4:30pm, our room was was not ready, we had requested a Suite, but they said it would not be ready until after 5pm. Then at 5:30pm, we had to ask again and the person at the front desk had gone on break and FORGOT to let us know....NICE! So no apology from anyone, but we were off to our room. We get there, after ASKING the frontdesk if the miniBAR would have beer in it....this IS the Hard Rock Casino, she said YES. WRONG!!! No beer in the miniBAR. So we call, 3 different people, 3 different answers, "yes, we do", "no, we don't" They sent room service up with a 12 pack of beer and charged us $49 for the beer......UNBELIEVEABLE! We tipped the roomservice person and THEN we were CHARGED a tip and NO ONE offered to take it off the bill. Never apologized, transferred us around the world when we asked. IT took FOREVER for the bellhop to come pick up our luggage and the valet was Sooooo slow getting our car, this was a ONE night stay and they asked when we called to get the car pulled around, "Uh, when did you leave it?" It was just a BUNCH of Children running this place and you can tell they ONLY care about the people gambling, not about the QUALITY of thier hotel. It was ridiculous! There is NO Coffee Maker in the room, even the suites. We called about getting extra blanket/pillows and they showed up ONE HOUR and half later at 2am. The room was nice and clean, I will say that. But they have a LONG way to go when it comes to CUSTOMER SERVICE. They are Lacking SOOOOOOO many skills in that area. All of this, at an outrageous price.....DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. STAY AT THE BEAU RIVAGE...IT IS MUCH NICER AND THE SERVICE IS MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!!!

• Liked — The room was CLEAN
  • Disliked — Kids are running the hotel
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MsTravelingdiva
New Orleans
Reviewed January 17, 2008

My husband and I met our friends on a Friday night to stay at this hotel. Our bad experience started at check-in. The sixteen year-olds working at the front desk were more interested in socializing with each other that ensuring our fastidious check-in.

After eating dinner at another hotel, we returned to the Hard Rock Hotel to have a few cocktails at their "exclusive" nightclub on the top floor. The experience was pathetic. The "entertainment" was isolated to two young girls that looked incredibly uncomfortable dancing on a stage in the center of the room.

After some time gambling in the casino, I chose to leave my husband in the casino and retire for the night. When I went to my room, my room key didn't work. I called the front desk to confirm my room number. After an unsuccessful second attempt to enter my room, I went to the front desk for assistance. The teenagers that work the front desk refused, citing hotel policy to protect the privacy of my husband’s and whoever he should choose to invite to our hotel room. Following my irate reaction, I was escorted thru the casino by security to find my husband. After confirming that I was the chosen guest of my husband, the hotel manager and security chose to stand by the insulting actions of the front desk personnel, rather than offer an appropriate apology.

We chose to leave the hotel at 3am, rather than patronize this hotel. We WILL NOT return. Perhaps I have been spoiled by the fabulous hospitality of New Orleans hotels.

• Liked — Rooms were nice.
  • Disliked — Hotel staff.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank stephanief129