“ONE GOOD TIME”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed September 19, 2011

First class all the way. Stayed for two nights and am ready to go back. The rooms are great and the staff is better. I have done Vegas for many years and now I dont think it is worth the long flight. With the Hard Rock being only a five hr. drive I am "all in" on this sweet casino. Thanks to all there and the pride in customer service that tey have.

Room Tip: Higher the better.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hank G
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Turn it up! Thanks for the ROCKn’ review! Nothing amps us up more an reading and hearing about your “ONE GOOD TIME”. We cannot wait till your next visit and know it will be just as memorable as theis one was. ROCK ON!

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Lousy pool service, but I think they were short staffed in the kitchen, not really the servers fault. And it was mid-week. But still the food had to be sent back and the frozen daiquiri looked like Kool-Aid. Beds were uncomfortable with a large platform base that was covered by the long bedspread so you knock your shins on it. And oddly laid out from lobby to Casino. Perhaps I'm just spoiled with the Las Vegas one...., but I wouldn't stay here again. Rather hit up the Beau Rivage.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smurfyjuice

Thanks for taking the time to write this review as it give us the opportunity to address the areas that have affected our guest. I assure you I am personally meeting with our VP of F&B to discuss these concerns, oddly we have not had bedspreads on our beds for the last 3 years. Again thank you for your time, if you should return to the Hard Rock Biloxi please ask for me so that I may express my apology to you personally.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Hard Rock Biloxi twice. It is a much cheaper and nicer alternative to the beachfront hotels in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach. The first time we had a nice room with a multi-head rain shower built in. The second time, the room was nice, but kind of normal after the first trip. One room was on a lower floor and just above the Hard Rock Cafe. This was bad placement since they were having an grand opening anniversary concert with a live band. The music could be heard and felt in the hall. But the band ended at a decent time so it didn't disturb the sleep. The snack bar/ grill is a nice place to eat if you don't want to wait or drop a lot of money on a buffet. Note: the restroom in the casino has adjoining sinks with only the restrooms themselves being separate, For fun, watch the opposite sexes face when they walk in the adjoining mens/womens door and see someone else washing their hands.

Room Tip: Choose a higher room and ask if an upgrade is available. Check online for specials.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the great review! After 4 years, I still get a kick out of that rest room on the casino floor. The wash area is a coed wash area and you are correct, it is funny to see people’s faces when they go in for the first time! Lol! Again thanks for the great review and we look forward to your next visit. Rock on!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Wow! Has the Hard Rock gone down hill. What happened to my favorite hotel/casino? The rooms were filthy, the front desk staff was rude and there was no management anywhere. I will be staying next time at the Beau Rivage.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Funfunfun22

Wow! Is defiantly the correct reaction, I would first like to apologize. We take great pride in our ability to meet and exceed our guest expectation but may have missed the mark in your case. If it’s not too much to ask, please contact me directly at 1-877-877-6256 so that I may address the issues that affected your stay correctly. I greatly appreciate your input and look forward to you call.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Myself, my husband and 3 children were only in town for two days, so we wanted to try two buffets. First we went to the Beau Rivage next door. Yummy. Very nice. So we decided to give the Hard Rock Satisfaction buffet a try for the next day. It wasn't all bad, but overall the issues I had were kindof ridiculous First one issue I have with any buffet is dirty silverware, which you see frequently at cheap buffets. Well the last thing I expected to find was that at this buffet. I opened my paper napkin rolled silverware and I had a dirty fork. YUCK! We got our first plate. The staff were very nice and friendly. I got some of the brisket and turkey at the carving station, which were really good. Well when we got up to get our second plate, I took my daughter, whom after I handed her plate, she showed me that the plate was dirty on the bottom, and I had the plate under her plate, so we dropped them in one of the bins for the waiter. It grossed me out, especially after the dirty fork. I decided to get more of the brisket. The lady cut it and half of it was fat (not even sure why she put the fat on my plate, we are talking over half the peice), it was gross enough looking I just wanted to take it off my plate and leave it elsewhere. They were lacking my favorite horse radish sauce for my brisket :( They did have au jus, but that is not what I like. I found myself thinking, it looks like a lot of food, but not much is appealing, so it didn't really seem like that much choice. Next I went and got some orange chicken from the Asian buffet, only to find that when I put it in my mouth, it was cold. I don't mean like left on the plate too long while dishing up my food, like cold from a refridgerator. That was also very disturbing. There was one choice of fruit, which was pineapple chunks. And even the dessert area was kindof limited. They have great fondue fountain, but what to dip in it??? rice krispy squares or marshmellos. I really would have expected straweberries or other thing to dip. I ended up placing my cheese cake under it. It was very yummy though. Just thought they could have had more variety. And I don't mean cookies. That really is not what I think of when I think of a buffet dessert. They also had bannana pudding, that also was very good. The waitresses were very nice and friendly and on top of things. It just was NOT what I expected from such a fabulous brand like Hard Rock. I think they need Hell's Kitchen guy to come in and tell them what they need to improve! Come on Chef Ramsey! Overall, it left me wishing I had just redone the Beau rivage experience. Oh and they also over charged my son for his buffet, he is 14 and they charged us full price. That is not what they told us the prices\ was the day before at the front desk.

I would love to see them serve a REAL rockstar this way, they would be out of buisness pretty fast!
I just think they need to tweek their quality of food and choice, and clean a little more maticulously. No one wants a dirty fork - EVER!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Tamara D
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I chose the Hard Rock Hotel more for the fact that it was an upscale 4* hotel convenient to the highway and it was on sale for $59/night than because it was a casino or located on the beach in Biloxi. After all, this was just a place to catch up on sleep after driving down from Ohio the night before our cruise out of neighboring New Orleans. I only wish that I would have planned to spend an extra night or two at this hotel because it is just beautiful and oh so much fun!

From stepping out of the elevator from the parking garage and into the hotel, the first thing that we noticed was that this hotel is MASSIVE! It must be one of the largest casino hotels in Biloxi because it is a good 5 minute walk just from the parking garage to the front desk. The entrance of the hotel is lined with multiple floors of shops and restaurants, including a Starbucks, a Hard Rock Cafe, and a Ruth's Chris steakhouse.

Check-in was simple enough and we were given a partial oceanview room (mostly overlooking the parking garage and the roof of the casino, but for $59 who can complain about views) with two double beds. Unfortunately, when we got to our room, neither of our keys worked. After a trip back to the front desk to exchange keys, we went back to our room a second time to discover that my new key did not work, but my travel partner's key finally gave us access to the room. I guess fourth one is the charm. They must have been having trouble with the key card machine or the door locks. Anyway, the room itself was large and the cool lighting and television that greets you by name were stunning features that I had never seen in a hotel room before. The bathroom was equally impressive, with a floor to ceiling frosted glass partition replacing the bathroom wall and a two-person shower with three shower heads, including a RAIN shower head in the center. Too bad I was traveling with a friend from work and not my girlfriend. Outside of the bathroom, there is a dressing area with closets and a double vanity with his and hers sinks and mirrors.

It was too cool in January to make use of the large outdoor pool and bar area or the beach, but the casino, while smaller than the casinos in Detroit, provided us with plenty of entertainment for the few hours that we had to spend walking around the hotel after an 8-hour drive from Nashville and before our cruise the next morning.

Overall, the Hard Rock Hotel in Biloxi is a very impressive hotel that appears not to be more than a few years old, and will be at the top of my list for places to stay and play the next time I find myself in the Biloxi or New Orleans areas.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brilliantseas
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Thanks for the great review! We are so excited to hear about your Fantastic stay with us. Thanks for all the kind remarks and we can’t wait till your next visit. Rock On!

Reviewed August 21, 2011

My girlfriend and i went there for her birthaday and we were treated too a weekend that was grand in very way. The staff and managment treated us like family. We were upgraded to a suite and it was by far the nicest i have ever stayed in. We both are looking forward too our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple