“Felt like a rockstar!”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Good times had by all! Great service and too much fun! trying to get back next weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Fantastic! Thanks for the great review. Just know we won’t start the fun without you! Can’t wait to make another memory, ROCK ON!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

From the time we arrived in valet to the time we checked out we encounter over a dozen hard rock employees and every one of them made us feel like we were the only guest on property. While walking around looking at all of the very cool rock memorabilia, I bumped into the Hotel Director (Kevin Kostmayer). At first I thought he was very young to the director of this hotel but after our conversation and the tour he provided to my family and I, it was clear why he was in his position. After that unexpected and really cool tour we spent the rest of the day at the pool which is nothing short of amazing. I must say that Tyron is wonderful! We had dinner at the Hard Rock Café where we were totally blown away. The manager came out in a green Beetles Sergeant Peppers outfit and played a rock trivia game and the prizes he handed out were fantastic. My teens had the best time. When going to our room to finally turn in for the night we encountered a housekeeper who introduced herself and told us if we need anything to just call and she would be more than happy to accommodate us. WOW! The beds are so comfortable and the room was amazing. We spent 3 nights here and it was the most memorable and unexpected vacation we have ever taken. We have stayed at the Beau Rivage and IP Hotels and if you are looking for atmosphere and good fun the Hard Rock is the place. We will defiantly be back and tell all my friends and family about our stay here.

Room Tip: Free wireless internet which my teens loved. Played on their I-Pads which kept them from arguing all...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wbuilder
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thanks for the great review. We are amped that you had such a memorable experience with us. We really appreciate all the kind remarks and loved having you here as our guest. We can’t wait till your next visit and know it will rock just as hard as this one. Thanks!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We visited for three nights recently and while we did win a little money, and the casion entertainment was pretty good, we really were not that impressed with our experience. The smell of smoke is pretty intense in many areas of the hotel. One expects that in the casino but apparently smoking is allowed throughout the hotel, unless of course you have booked a no smoking room. We even had several encounters of people smoking in the hallway right near the elevators so as soon as the doors opened the car filled with smoke. Pretty disgusting.
We rented a cabana for one day and felt it was a big waste of money. We were supposed to be "Treated like a Rock Star" which NEVER happen. In fact we had to ask several time for the "exotic fruit" (strawberrys and pineapple) and water, (which comes with the rental) but it took half the day for that to arrive. The so called personal cabana attendant NEVER appeared and the one pool server was running trying to take orders for eveyone by the pool. Finally a second girl showed up but that was well into the afternoon. At one point the server told us she was going on break so we would need to go to the bar for our drinks, hello we had been doing that anyway! I bet Rock Stars don't hear that! I couldn't even tell you what the so called aroma infused iced towels are about because we got the same worn out purple ones as eveyone who goes to the pool.
The room was nice enough and most of the staff were reasonably friendly but when staying in a hotel that should be standard.
This stay was a pretty good example of how a company puts a lot of money into marketing their "brand" and not enough into staffing and customer service. As we never received any kind of customer feedback request (electronic or upon check out) it suggests to me that quality service is not part of this hotel's mission statement.

2  Thank AnnabelleJane

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, as it allows me the opportunity to address the areas that affected your stay. We take great pride in our services standards but clearly missed the mark in your case. Your patronage is important to us and I will be personally addressing this review with the Pool Manager and F&B Manager. Should you return to the Hard Rock Biloxi in the future, please ask for me as I would love to express my apology to you personally. Again thank you for your candor in bring this to my attention.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were dissappointed in the hotel and service. Not up to the level of the other Hard Rock Hotels, must be poor management. Pay extra for a room a with a view, view is of the parking garage and neon sign, Not my or other people idea of a view, but manager insisted it was a room with a view, but was quick to give me $20 off, but couldn't move me to a better room because he stated we checked in late and that was all that was left. Strange they charged my credit card at 7pm, and when we arrived after 9 pm, if they already charged my credit card you think they would have blocked a room.

Resturant was dirty and but was the only place still open to eat,the two managers were more worried about to go orders that taking care of customers in diner, maybe they need the tips.

They never told me they had charged my CC card when I checked in and I forgot which cc card I made the reservation with so I gave them another cc card at checkin and paid with my debit card at check out. Some how they managed to charge all three cc cards.

They assured me three times the credit had been issued and yet 10 days later and not one credit has show up.

The managers of the hotel are not helpful and are dismissive.

I have stayed several times at the Beau Rivage a better experience all around.

2  Thank RClark7335
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We arrived on a Sunday night after a 550 mile day on the road and were impressed by both of our room's size and amenities. What was described as a rooms with a views were really views of the Beau Rivage but that did not matter a great deal. Just describe the room appropriately. We were famished and headed down to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. I found a piece of black plastic in my salad after biting down on it. Our waiter brought the manager out immediately who apologized and took the salad off of our bill but as anyone who has found foreign objects in their food can attest, my appetite was wrecked. Later that night after showering, I went to put on a robe which was hanging in the bathroom and found it stained with large patches of urine. I waited until first thing in the morning and called the front desk to speak to the manager, Ian. He stated that he would send housekeeping but did not apologize. After about an hour and a half and no sign of housekeeping, I went to the front desk and spoke with Ian directly who again stated that he would send housekeeping, but again no apology. We went on to have problems at the pool which was not monitored as children were allowed to swing wildly on hanging beds, diapered babies were in hot tubs, cabana mats were filthy and the pool bars were inexplicably closed at random times meaning a walk to the casino to get a drink (the Hard Rock Cafe on attached patio could not sell alcohol to the pool patrons). This could be such an amazing place. I have to been to other Hard Rock properties in Las Vegas and Chicago and had great stays. Disappointed.

Room Tip: Make sure that your
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bluedem0n
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Thank you for your candor in brining this to our attention. We’re committed to providing ROCK SOLID guest service, so while I was glad to see that you enjoyed the room and amenities, I’m concerned about your somewhat mixed bag of experiences in other areas. From reading your comments, we were really hit and miss during your stay.

We constantly strive to make sure that each and every guest has a memorable experience while they are here, one they will share with their family and friends. I have shared your commentary with the appropriate department heads for review of staffing levels, training and empowerment. Your detailed responses will allow us to address some of these issues more directly that we are normally able to.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family and I just stayed here one night. We enjoyed or stay and would have spent the rest of the week here if their had been a frig. and micro. The door to the bathroom is similar to a sliding glass door to a shower, frosted and see through. Being that my son or whom ever could glance over and see a nude blurry image of me when I striped for a shower :) The whirlpool tub stands a bit hight and could be a issue for someone with joint issues? All in all we really enjoyed our night here and would highly consider staying in a Hard Rock again on our travels. Also I traveled with my 11yr old and 6yr old, their where lots of kids their and that's pretty much what was in the pool when we where their. If you go their in the same month has your birthday (we stayed their on my b-day). Be sure to get a comp. card, 'cause you can receive a free meal at their buffet. Also if you eat before 6pm it's $5 off for your other party members. My daughter 6yrs old ate for free.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wallflowerone

Thanks for the ROCK’n review! Our rooms are one of a kind, and like most rock stars have their own flavor. We can’t wait till you next visit and know it will be just as enjoyable as this one. ROCK ON!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I normally stay next door at the Beau Rivage when we visit family in Biloxi. We decided to make the trip at the last minute, and wtih the Beau booked, we decided to stay at the Hard Rock. We spent a couple of days there and really enjoyed the entertainment that the hotel has to offer.
Valet parking is available, but we chose self-parking and experienced no issues. The staff at the front desk was very friendly during check-in. We had an ocean front room on the 10th floor, and we enjoyed seeing the sailboats on the water as well as the USAF planes coming into Keesler AFB. The walk-in shower was super (once I figured out how to adjust the 3 shower heads)! The pool was great, and the pool staff was helpful. We dined at the Hard Rock Cafe twice, and I can't say enough about the servers. They were very nice and friendly! For fine dining, there is a Ruth's Chris in the hotel, but you must go across the street to Mary Mahoney's!!!!
The MS Coast is still rebuilding from Hurricane Katrina. Your visit will help the local economy!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the AWESOME review! Receiving these types of compliments amps up our love all, serve all passion. I must say that you missed out on our rock’n valet service, they are second to none. We absolutely cannot wait till your next visit and know it will be just as memorable as this one was. ROCK ON!