“We had a "ROCKIN" great time!!!”

Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this resort. Good time for adults and children. Exceptional room service and staff was eager to serve when needed. We cant wait for our next trip to the MS Gulf Coast. Keep the down to earth atmosphere alive. Oh yeah, make sure you visit the Spa for some much needed TLC.

1  Thank jay56003
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Oh yeah! Thanks for the great review. We are so stoked to hear about your “ROCKIN” great time. We sincerely appreciate all the kind remarks and can’t wait to make another memory with you on your next trip. ROCK ON!

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We made reservations here because my 11 year old daughter and my 7 year old godchild were very excited about the pool. We normally stay at the Beau Rivage when we stay in Biloxi. We stayed at the South Beach Hotel & Suites the night prior to our arrival because we decided to go up a day early and the Hard Rock wanted $400 for a room with two queen beds with no view on that date (3rd). We had a great time at the South Beach Hotel. Everyone was very friendly. The day of the 4th, I called the Hard Rock to see if we could possibly get an early check in. My husband then asked me to ask them how much a suite would be. We were told that it would be $399 on the 4th and $299 on the 5th. Not a problem so we decided to upgrade. When we got to the hotel our room was not ready so they told us that we could go relax by the pool, which we did. We rented a floating bed for $40 and we got a cabana for $150 plus a $25 tip. We opened a tab and spent over $150 just on food, drinks, etc. Everything else was paid with cash. We were truly enjoying ourselves. Well it was time to check in to our room so we went to the lobby and checked in. When we got to the suite, we loved it. I was taking pictures of the suite to show all of my family/friends back home. Anyway, when I went to open the balcony door, a 30 pound piece of equipment feel on my hand. My husband called for hotel management to come up because my hand was starting to swell and the door was broke. Mr. Mike [--]came to our suit and a gentelmen named Ryan. They asked if I wanted to go to the hospital and I told them that I thought that I would be okay. Well about 20/30 minutes later, my hand started hurting. Mr. Mike [--] and Ryan came back to the suite along with the fire department and an ambulance. They brought me to Biloxi Regional Hospital. I had a contusion (very bad bruise in the inside) on my hand. Someone from the hotel picked me up in a purple SUV. As I arrived at the front desk, I called Mr. Mike [--] who told me to that I need to call Dwight [--] in Risk Management the next morning. When I got back to my suite, I was sitting on the sofa with my daughter and godchild. Ryan came to the room to check on me. He also brought up some comps for buffet. He then told the kids and myself that the hotel was going to switch our suite to another one with a hot tub on the balcony, get us a cabana the next day, a free tab at the pool, he told the kids to watch movies and we could order room service. He said that it would all be paid for by the hotel. He also promised the kids candy and that he would bring them on a tour of the high rollers suite when he got in. He said that it would have taken 2 - 200 pound men to break that door and that the hotel knew the mistake that they made and the ball was in my court, that I could own the Hard Rock. I assured him that I was not that type of person, I was just glad that it did not land on my neck because I had a two-level fusion in 2010 and I am still under a doctors care. Ryan left the room after talking to us for about 30 minutes reassuring us that we would be taken care of. The next morning my family and I went and ate the breakfast buffet. When we got back, I called Dwight [--], as I was told to do. I spoke with Michele [--] who informned me that she wasn't sure why Mr. Mike [--]told me to call Dwight [--] because that is not really their policy. I then just inquiried about the things Ryan told us about. She said that she had no clue what I was talking about and that I needed to talk to Kevin [--]. At this time, my family and I were already at the pool. I sent my husband to the lobby to look for Kevin [--] to speak with him. He was rudely approached by Karl [--] about not having a shirt on. He turned away to go to the room to put a shirt on and Karl [--] once again approached him. He told him that doesn't he know that you are to have a shirt on in a public place. My husband tried to explain to him everything that was going on. Karl was still rude and they exchanged a few words. My husband put a shirt on and I went to the lobby to meet him. I was then approached by Karl [--] and Dwight [--]. I explained to them both everything that Ryan had told me. To make a long story short, I was called a liar. I am not crying my eyes out because not only am I hurt (hand) due to their faulty equipment but now I am being treated so rudely for no reason. Karl [--] was not only rude but yelling at me in front of other guests. He said that there is nothing that he could do for me and to enjoy the rest of my stay. That is after he called me a liar. Well I went back down to the pool and I was talking to some pool employees about the way I was being treated and I asked them was there someone over Kevin [--] because at that point I thought that was who I had spoke with. I didn't even know I was speaking with Karl [--]. Kevin [--] happened to be behind the desk and came and talked to me along with Michele [--]. I explained everything that had went on with Karl [--]and Dwight [--]. Kevin [--] left to go find out what was going on and who I had spoke with. Michele [--] apologized over and over. She was very sweet. Kevin [--] came back down and said that there is nothing that he could do because Karl [--] was his boss. I am still crying my eyes out at this time. I asked Kevin [--] and Michele [-] if there was anyone of Karl [--] that I could speak to for his rudeness to me. And why wasn't this guy Ryan being questioned for all that he told and promised us. It wasn't about getting anything free. It was about respect and the fact that I was hurt and it could have been a lot worse. Well the next thing I know, my family and I are being asked to leave the hotel because I just keep aggravating everyone. I told them that I would gladly leave if they would comp the things back to my card that Ryan had promised. They refused to do it so I went back down to the pool. I was there for about an hour and then security came down and escorted us from the pool to our room involving the police. They would not even let us get my daughter's food. I am so upset over this situation. And 8 days later, I still have a contusion. I have to go see a hand speacialist. They also tied up my debit card over $1,000.00. It has yet to be put back into my account. That would have been fine if we were able to stay, but since they made us leave we had to stay somewhere else. I had cash on me but you have to have a debit/credit card so we had to stay at very cheap motel to finish out our stay. They ruined our whole trip. I would have been fine with just an apology. Now, I have had to hire a lawyer. This situation could have been handled so differently. They are cold hearted and have poor management. We were also told that we could never return there again. I have read a lot of bad reviews when I got on this website and I totally agree. The rest of the staff were great. It's the management that was rude and uncaring. Afterall we are the ones that keep their hotels running with our money. Sorry so long and I probably have left a couple things out. Frankly, I'm tired of talking about it because it just upsets me more and from all of the tension with dealing with this, my neck has been having severe spasms. If ya'll are looking for a place to stay, I will always suggest the Beau Rivage. They are great there!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
19  Thank Mandalynn_35
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our Trip was 5-8 July. This was my second time. My wife's first. I chose this Hotel instead of going to Las Vegas. Our room was great on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. The Pool exceeded my expectations. The pool girl and the servers were great. The best dinner we had was Ruth Chris !

Room Tip: Pool view was great
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Turn it up! Thanks for the great review! We loved it too… and can’t wait to make another unforgettable memory with you on your next visit. See you soon and ROCK ON!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Service is great . Try it get a room on the upper higer then the 4th . you can hear the clubs for there

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

“Great room; Great service” the only way to say it better is Rock’n Room; Rock’n Service! Thanks for the awesome review. We look forward to your next visit and know it will be just as memorable as this one.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We are players and have stayed at HR several times, although the gaming outcomes may vary from one visit to the next one thing is consistent : each and every trip we receive the absolute best treatment we have experienced any where in the world! That is one reason I could care less about going back to Vegas or other more glamorous destinations. Based on 10-12 stays we have never had a complaint on room, spa, pool, bar, rest., casino, or even concert experiences! We get high roller treatment even though we do not come close to playing at that level. When we play at the Beau next door we never get that level of treatment or friendly service. Whether you play or just travel you would be hard pressed to find a better experience at any price!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for the awesomely kind remarks! We appreciate the time you set aside to tell the world about your stay with the Hard Rock Biloxi. We love our fans and nothing amps us up more than hearing about the great experience you had here with us. We look forward to your next visit and can’t wait to make another awesome memory with you. ROCK ON!

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I go to Vegas once or twice a year (just returned from a week there) and felt compelled to write that I love Hard Rock Biloxi just as much as the Palazzo or Aria. Can't beat the staff, service, food, spa, pool area or ambiance and no cab lines. Looove Hard Rock.

Room Tip: On week-ends, arrive before 9 PM.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

We love you too! Our passion is our raving fans and nothing ignites our passion to love all, serve all more than getting these types of awesome reviews! We can’t wait to rock with you on your next stay. ROCK ON!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I went on a much needed get away on the 27th and 28th of June. We wanted to go try somewhere new and we had heard a lot of good things about the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Biloxi, MS. So we decided to give it a shot. I reserved my room on their website and upon arrival realized I had misread the site when I was making the reservations. I saw it said was selecting room type and chose Non view, which was fine, and I guess I "thought" I had also selected non smoking, but didn't. That was my fault so I can't blame them for that. I asked about changing it but they were booked so I just said ok. The room appeared nice when you first see it. NO obvious smoke smell and we actually had a decent view of the Gulf and a great view of a barrier island. So after choosing no view I still ended up with a great view anyway. After we got settled and started to really look at the room there were SEVERAL burn holes in the carpet and the comforter on the bed had a burn in it that was so big I originally thought it was a roach on the bed. It was approximatley an inch long, but as stated earlier I mistakingly chose a smoking room so I guess that one is kind of on me. A word of warning here: the room comes with a BOSE stereo system and it's nice, however our neighboring rooms thought they needed to perform a sound check all night. I had to call the front desk several times about LOUD music between 3 and 4 in the morning.

So on with the trip. I had booked my wife for a pedicure and a message down in the spa. We went down to the spa and got her all signed in and away she went. After her treatment I asked her how it was and she looked disappointed, she said the pedicure was nothing special, nothing different than she could have gotten at the strip mall down the street from our house. Well that was disappointing because it cost appoximatley $80 which is MUCH more that the strip mall. She said the woman doing the pedicure was more anxious to get out of there for the day than to make sure she was enjoying the experience. The massage was a big hit and she loved it. So I guess my advice here is if you book spa treatments here, make sure to book them early enough so the staff won't rush you so they can leave.

The casino.....well it's kind of small but had all the usual games I guess. I played the table games and found the dealers to be rather...sad. Not really rude, but not really friendly either, they all just seemed like they hated being there and wished you would just leave them alone. In fact everywhere I went I found the staff acting in a rather unprofessional way. LOTS of talking among themselves and acting put out that you were there bothering them. One roullette dealer actually cursed at a guest a couple of times. This is VERY unacceptable. I get that the place has a "rock star" vibe and is supposed to be "edgey" but cursing at someone that is a guest is not acceptable anytime in my opinion. The comp situation at this casino is VERY weak. After several hours of play I asked if I could get ONE buffet, and was told, " we could maybe give you $5 towards a buffet". REALLY? Five whole dollars? thanks?

The food... as with the rest of this property the food and food service was not really up to par. I ate lunch at a grill called 24/7 and the food tasted like food you'd get from a Waffle House basically and the service was not good. Again lots of talking in corners among employees. The buffet was expensive and not great. I still cannot understand how a business that has shrimp boats docking DIRECTLY behind it could serve shrimp that tasted like it was frozen and out of a box. When you go to the Gulf coast the one thing I would think you could count on would be the fresh seafood. Not here.

All in all this property is ok, at best. If you are 21-29 it's probably great place to party. If you are over 30, I would recommend you spend the extra ten bucks a night and go to the IP just down the road. They really excel in customer service. The Hard Rock looks good on the surface but when you look closer it's really not all that great.

Room Tip: Pay attention when booking online.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Doug S
Kostmayer, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write down the concerns that affected your stay. Please allow me to apologize for any confusion and discomfort you experienced. Here at the Hard Rock Biloxi we take great pride in our service standards and our ability to meet and exceed our guest expectation, therefore believe me when I say I will be looking into this matter personally. Thank you again for you time. We would love the opportunity to serve as you host in the future.