“Weekend Getaway...Perfect Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Biloxi
Hernando, Mississippi
“Weekend Getaway...Perfect Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We came in town and stayed in Rm 802 from Thurs to Sun and the room was beautiful. Great view of the gulf and all furniture and appliances were very nice. All kitchen appliances you could need. Beds were comfy and the garden tub and floor to ceiling windows were a perfect touch. We had a wonderful and will definitely be back....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TheRand

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I brought my kids here for a spur of the moment beach trip. I booked at this condo because of it's location right on the beach. Upon walking in the door, there wasn't any power to anything but the A/C. There was water all over the kitchen floor from the freezer defrosting. I called and the maintenance guy and front desk lady came up and someone had turned all the breakers off. The maintenance man practically ran out the door while the front desk lady watched me clean up the mess in the kitchen ( just what I wanted to do on my vacation) The kitchen floor was filthy (black feet from it) there was a 1/2 inch of dust on everything and then the master bath toilet was clogged and I called and it took 3 more calls for them to fix it the next day!! Very poor customer service! Still waiting on the manager to contact me from a week ago!!!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank cbrian93081
Mobile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

The condo was very nice with a great view of the beach, but the water was not very nice to look at. While booking this trip, I was sent an 8 page long rule book on what to do, and what not to do, and if you did something wrong, you could be charge a big amount. We could tell that the bathrooms had not been properly washed because the person who had the room before us soap was STILL left in the corner on the bottom of the shower floor. You also don't get new towels if you need them, you have to wash the ones you already have. When we turned the a/c on, we could hear a weird noise coming from them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank poppy D
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here for an extended business trip, and it was great option at an outstanding price. You should know before coming to the Biloxi / Gulfport area that the beaches are simply gross. Harrison county does a lot to groom the beaches and keep fresh sand out, but decades of hurricanes and Mississippi-grade pollution controls have taken their toll on the water and sand quality. If you're looking for a beach vacation, don't come to Biloxi.

With that said, the view from this hotel is as good a beach view as you'll get anywhere in the world - I stayed in a full-view beach room and it was outstanding. The bedrooms have floor-to-ceiling windows which offer amazing views, and the balconies have enough space to allow for several people to comfortably enjoy the sound of the gulf. Several of my colleagues were staying in this hotel so I was able to see six of the rooms, each room is independently owned so they are all decorated differently but well.

The condo features an above-par exercise room and two swimming pools - the pools weren't heated so I didn't go in them but they were nice. Had I been here with my family I'm sure I would have spent more time in them.

The hotel is close to all of the casinos, next-door to the "Treasure Bay" casino / resort which is also a stop for the local casino-hopping trolley so you have access to all the major casinos in the area. Cab fare from the hotel to the Beau Rivage was only $10 with a tip, or about a 40 minute walk. Plenty of restaurants / shopping around as well.

The only thing that people not from the area should know (aside from the "beach" situation) is that Biloxi is on the tail end of technology. My room and the 6 others I saw all had poor-quality, Standard-Definition local cable service and extremely low-grade internet connections. The TVs were flat-panel style and capable of displaying HD, but the signal was 1990's era local cable. The best connection internet connection I could get was only 200kbps down, and more typically only got around 70. Verizon has yet to bring 4G here (due Winter / Spring 2012) so my internet stick didn't fair too much better. As with any large condo on a beach, the signal strength from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint were all spotty throughout the building - I had no service in the interior of my room but had 4 bars on my AT&T phone and Verizon data stick towards the windows.

I'd definitely recommend staying here for up to $250/night; if you can afford more go to the Beau Rivage and stay in one of their suites.

Room Tip: Rooms X06 and X07 (except 707, 807, and 907) have a full beach view, the rest have a partial view of...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank MSUSpartansFan
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stayed in room 712 managed by Rental resources. The condo was nice but needs a good deep carpet cleaning. We all had black feet from walking on the carpet but it was vaccumed before we got here. We have been spoiled going to florida beaches so our kids said the water was gross. Was a little worried we didn't have bandages in case the kids gash their feet on all the glass shards on the beach. I spent more time picking up glass than playing with the kids. The condo is very spacious, two of our kids slept in the master closet with a rollaway bed and a pack-n-play. The rental agency seems a little shady in the billing area. we opted for the refundable deposit over the $35 damage waiver but they charged us $35 by their choice. Guess we need to get our $35 worth of damage in before we leave. Overall very pleased, was very worried by rental resources BBB.org rating of an "F" but the condo was nice. Would stay here again if in the area. The two pools were nice too. One shallow enough for the kids but neither are heated as advertised.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank DrifterAtlanta
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We came for Mardi Gras in New Orleans to drive about an 1hour away. These condos where great! I felt right at home instantly. There are many different restaurants, casinos and even the mall with about a 10 minute drive. The beach was beautiful but you couldnt walk freely without dodging glass and even a doctors needle we found in the sand! The rooms had a kinda tacky caribeean theme to them. The largest room had the most comfortable bed, though the smaller room which I was stuck with had the most uncomfortable bed! My right shoulder down to my side was sore until a couple days after I was home.
Bedsides this bed, everything else about this resort was great. It was so quite it seemed as if we where the only people there. We didnt se any of the staff until it was time for us to leave, which isnt necessarily a negative thing. The washer and dryer was a great extra!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jarah314
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

SeaBreeze is in a great location, and while we were there it appeared to be undergoing a bit of a face-lift. Unit 604 was a fabulous unit, very well cared for. But here's how we got burned. Our assigned parking spot was right underneath the "closed for repairs" main swimming pool & maintenance room. Imagine our shock when we returned to our car after our 1st night there only to find a chemical having leaked from the ceiling and taken the paint off the car's hood. The HOA was MIA. Took a day to get our calls returned, and the HOA rep basically hemmed and hawed, apparently taking the position that we were leaving at the end of the week anyway. Since we've been home, she's completely stopped taking any of our calls. We wound up filing a claim thru our insurers (GEICO,) who we can't say enough great things about, (They ought to open a custormer service school!) So, long story longer - if you get a great deal at the SeaBreeze, take it. It's worth it, if you're a beach person, and especially if you have little ones and don't want to run across a busy roadway to get to the sand. BUT, make sure you know what you're parking underneath, and pay attention to both the ceiling and the garage floor.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family