“A Stay by the Coast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs

Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Overall, not a bad place to stay. If you are visiting Biloxi on vacation though and will be staying several nights, spend a little more and find something a little nicer. This is a one night stay hotel in my opinion. Location isn't bad, but an exit further up I-10 is where all the good stuff is at. My only issue with this place is that there was black mold growing on the ceiling above the shower. We didn't notice it until we were showering before checkout. The bathroom has no running exhaust fan, the paint was bubbling off the walls. The owners must get control of the moisture issue, especially if they are going to keep exposing guests to black mold. Also, there was an iron burn on the carpet. Motel 6 doesn't supply carpets, so this could've been there since the days of being a Red Roof Inn, so if thats the case it means Motel 6 didn't even replace carpet when they took over.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
I have sincerely noted all your concerns and will be addressed to manager. Hotel has a central exhaust system, not individual in bathroom.
Monticello, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this facility July 13, 2013 and it was an awesome trip!! They made me feel extra special. I called that day made a reservation. but didn't get there in time. So it was understandable that they sold the room. But then when I got there they felt bad about doing so, upgraded my room, and made me feel so special as a guest. THEY ARE AWESOME AS ALWAYS!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Mr. Thomas, thanks for your kind words. We are glad to have you coming back to Motel 6. See you back soon.
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was going to stay at another motel across the street. But I like the security of the doors being on the inside. I drove across the street and walked in to be greeted by Indra, a very sweet and polite young lady. I asked for the price for the length of stay when I mentioned the price across the street not only did she match it but reduced the price a little more. I knew that this was where I was going to stay. The one major point is that they are pet friendly. Motel 6 knows that pets are part of the family and that guests will travel with their pets. I also met \one of the housekeeping staff and they were very helpful and just as polite when I have an extended stay they do not have to clean everyday, I requested trash and towels and was more then happy with the service. I went to the front desk to extend and pay for my stay, there I met Antoinette and the property manager. I enjoyed meeting them, and expressed my gratitude to them. I would recommend to anyone to stay here. I found no odd or bad smell, the room was very clean, and I was on the first floor. I did not even notice that there was no clock, coffee maker, hairdryer, you have an alarm on your cell phone, coffee is in the lobby, and as for a hairdryer that you carry with you. I have stayed in some really bad hotels but I have truly enjoyed this one. As I said earlier I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I am a very very very happy guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We really love to read reviews that compliment our team members! Thank you for your kind words for Indra, Anoinette & Manager, we will surely let them know. Currently all the rooms are under deep cleaning, painting and carpet steam cleaning.
See you next time and much appreciation for taking time to write a review.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our room was on the 3rd floor; the hall smells strongly of mold. Our room was clean but the carpet was just gross. When I looked on the floor next to the bed there was.... A USED CONDOM.... OMG was the maid freaking blind? I called the front desk and told them I had no intention of touching it and she did come up with gloves on and took it away. I asked her for some Frebreeze and she said she didn't have any. Old TV only worked on a few channels. Room smelled very musty and unclean. AC barely blew out air and room stayed very hot. And....where oh where was the clock, coffee pot, iron, shampoo, conditioner???? Advice: there are a TON of motels in the area; spend more and go to the Ramada.

Room Tip: Tip: go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience during the stay. Our carpets were just steam cleaned within the last month, and A/Cs are all less than 3 years. Typically, the commercial A/C will last about 10 years, so we will have maintenance do a diagnostic on units as to why it didn't blow cold air.
Regarding the housekeeping, we do apologize and glad that the staff was able to resolve this quickly. Many patrons expect amenities like microfridge, coffeemakers, shampoo, conditioner and alarm clock, but this is not part of the Motel 6 prototype for the franchise. We are actually not permitted to stock these items in the room to maintain consistency across the brand.

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Corryton, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

we had prebooked two rooms for our stay. one room for first night and two rooms for the second night.. hotel was very wore out looking.and really hot (rooms werent) . the clerk was running around spraying the carpet in the halls with something (deoderizer maybe?) we get to our room theres no coffee maker or even alarm clock.you could see a stain on the carpet where the refrigerator use to be. on sat when we went to check in the second room for our daughter. the room wasnt ready. the day shift clerk wrote a note asking the night shift clerk to call us when it was ready. at 4:30 my husband went back to the front desk and the night shift clerk said their was no reservation for that room and no note (but my husband seen the clerk on days wrte it) .then they tried to charge us more than quoted to us on the phone. the worse part of all was near our rooms theres a door that goes outside which is great during the daytime when you need to unload suitcases etc. you would think at night time they would lock it since it has a hotel room key reader outside but they dont so anyone can come in to the hotel 24.7. when we left about 4 in the morning there were people sleeping outside in their car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dolly D
We apologize you did not enjoy your stay. Motel 6 as a franchise does not offer coffee makers or alarm clocks, nor does it offer refrigerator, microwave, or amenities like shampoo and conditioner. This is part of the franchise system requirements, so if you go to another Motel 6, you will see the same prototype in the room. We did have this before we became a Motel 6 and were required to remove it.
Seneca, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our room was ready and the staff was helpful although a little slow. This property needs alot of upgrades. Its dingy but fairly clean. The air conditioning on our floor and in our room was not working. The bed was pretty bad. This is a very noisy property. But...it was cheap. I would recommend paying $40-50 more and staying in one of the newer hotels/casinos.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ktrammell1
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience with the noise at the property. The property is fairly new and was built in 2006, with the recent conversion to Motel 6. Part of our renovation will include updating all mattresses in the rooms, of which we have already completed a good portion. We apologize you did not enjoy your stay and hope you will try us again in the future.