“Great Food-Great Service”

Taranto's Crawfish
Ranked #3 of 243 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Reviewed July 6, 2014

You will not leave here hungry!!! Good Food, Great Service, Good Sweet Tea that they keep pouring. More French Fries than you would ever eat and they were HOT!!!

I had the Fried Crawfish and my Wife had the Fried Shrimp. She could not eat all of her shrimp; so I had to help her.

This place is a Joint; but if you are willing to get off the beatin path, and like dives with no nonsense service, this is it!!! But they still take CC's

OH, and you have to try the Bread Pudding too!!!

2  Thank JeromeW99

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Tarantos offers great shrimp poboys among other gulf coast classics. Their prices are a little higher than I like, but the food is authentic, good and served quickly.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

You have to drive a little ways off the highway to find this place but the food is terrific. We tried the boiled crawfish and shrimp. Each platter was piled very high with fresh, delicious food. The staff were very friendly!

Definitely go for the food and be prepared for the place to be a dive with a pothole filled parking lot. There was still a long line of people waiting to sit but it seems like smaller groups that will fit in a booth get seated much more quickly!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

To say this place is "out of the way" is a major understatement. At one point during the drive there my husband stated hearing banjo's. It is a total dive place. Rickety chairs, questionable tables, a soda machine steps away from everyone but DELICIOUS food. Started with fried pickles and buffalo shrimp. The buffalo shrimp were fantastic and I thought i was going to have to stab my husband to get the last one. The husband had a shrimp po boy that he devoured. The kids had a chicken po boy which was very enjoyable. I had a giant platter of crawfish, that everyone at the table helped me eat. I'm sometimes a little iffy on crawfish, but when in the South at a place known for their crawfish, you've gotta try a few mudbugs. They were amazing. All in all, a fun little joint out of the way with some quality eats.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We like to try little hole-in-the-wall places and this one was a winner. If you're not stuck on appearances (& obviously we're not since we seek out places off the beaten path) you will be wowed by the food. The crab and crawfish poboys were great - fresh & not greasy at all, and the pulled pork was nice and smokey and very tender. I'm not usually impressed by French fries, but theirs were perfectly seasoned and crispy.

Been to Taranto's Crawfish? Share your experiences!