“Great food and wonderful portions” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 220 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and wonderful portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The gyro was delicious. We have eaten at many other Greek resturants and Mr Greek was the best one we have eaten in. The owner was cooking today and the food was fresh and delicious. We would definitely eat here the next time we are in Mississippi.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank penwbb

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Great, Authentic, Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Greek family run restaurant. Yum. Go with the Gyro Platter. It's so good. I'm sure everything else is great too. We come here often and are never let down. Friendly, fast, and (most importantly) delicious.

Visited May 2013
Foley, Alabama, USA
“Great — if you've never left the county before.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I don't mean to be "that guy" who traipses in from out of town to tell you how bad your food is, Biloxi. But this ain't exactly a great gyro. Good? Yes. The best on the coast? Possibly. But great? Not even close. I suppose if you have a gyro craving, then this would be the place to go. But the Greek staples might be a better choice. I tried the pastichio recently and while it probably came out of a microwave (seriously, I heard it running in the back kitchen) it was very tasty and surprisingly authentic. The sides were old and definitely reheated, which distracted from the positive feelings I'd garnered from the main course. The gyro I tasted was more of a disappointment. I think if I lived here I'd save some money and go to Mobile or New Orleans and treat myself occasionally than put up with this, but that's just me. What do I know? I don't even live here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank CrackedLCD
Biloxi, Mississippi
“One of my top 3 restaurant picks for local mom & pop restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hummus is the best. Babaganoush dip is so good almost tastes like guacamole. The service is fast and friendly. Don't let the rickety rack old shopping center scare you, this restaurant is a cozy gem. The MS Gulf coast ranks very low in great restaurants (especially in worldly cuisines), but this is one I have been eating at for the past 10 years. I love the falafel, greek pizza, and the green beans that go on the amazing Gyro platter (with the slow cooked lemony potato). Yum. The greet murals painted on the walls were done very nicely. You can't go wrong with this place.

• Visited April 2013
Brunswick, Georgia
“Great Gyros”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was a little hard to find. It is in the corner of a strip center on Pass Road, just outside the Pass Rd gate of Keesler AFB. But it is worth the search if you like Greek food. They have a great (and large) Gyro plate that is excellent. Very popular with the Air Force crowd, so expect it to be packed at lunch time.

Visited March 2013

Been to Mr Greek? Share your experiences!