“Just one of the regulars”

Yuki's Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 247 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 24, 2011

After reading some of these reviews, I am in awe. My family and I absolutely LOVE this place. It may be because we are regulars and know over half the staff, but still. If some of the people making these complaints would have went to a manager, it would have been made right. My husband and I use to eat there at least once a month. We would get the steak and shrimp with a side of scallops, and share and it was always plenty of food for the 2 of us. Sharing you pay $5 more and still get a salad and THE BEST egg drop soup I have found. I love their sushi (Crunchy crab and double shrimp) Which I had never tried until attending this resturant for 2 yrs. I have been to the other hibachi places on the coast and sushi places and have not been as happy as at Yukis. One person described the "things" on top of the soup to be like crushed funyns. These are called crunchies. And they are great. I also love the seafood sauce, and from my experience, Yukis is the only place I have been able to find it. Please just try it for yourself and dont let the others influence you. There are plenty of places out there that never get a chance because of 1 or 2 bad reviews. Thank you! Sincerely, The Moore Family

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We to had issues as described in reviews already posted. The food was ok, but I have had better. The sushi rolls were not impressive at all. The staff greeting us when we walked in was lovely though.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

This must be a local place to eat. Nothing about it was professional at all. My military guests and I had to track down the hostess in order to be seated. Once seated, the male waiter (who shall remain nameless) said nothing. He simply placed menus in front of us and walked away.

One of my guests and I asked for water with lemon. Once we noticed that the glasses only had one lemon slice in them, we asked for additional lemons. The waiter instantly gained an attitude. He brought the lemons and set them on the other side of the table. Another guest had to pass them to us. The soup came, which is egg drop soup. I asked the waiter if I could substitute the soup for another type. He replied by saying I would have to pay extra. I declined instead.

The cook was very entertaining however, and the food was very good. Eventually, the waiter brought the salad out as the cook was preparing the food. The salad was basically presented in a soup bowl with hardly enough salad in it. Finally, it was time to pay the bill. I went to find a manager.

I explained to her that I did not want to have any portion of my bill removed as I believe in paying for what you received. But I wanted to leave her with a little feedback. As I was speaking with her, the waiter walked up and said, "If you wanted to substitute the soup for a salad, you could have." I did not welcome his smart remark. Instead I let him know that I was not an employee at the establishment and would not know that because he did not make me aware when I brought up the issue of the soup in the beginning. Furthermore, it does not say in the menu that substitutions are allowed nor what type of soup is offered. Its poor customer service practice to assume your customer is the expert. Thats your job. Then I kindly thanked the manager for listening and notified the waiter that he had sealed his tipping fate with his smart mouth.

Long story short, NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN and I am in the process of letting everyone at Keesler AFB know about this atrocity of a dining experience!

1  Thank SLIM37
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Yukis, its been a very long time since they open. I remember going there 15 years ago and all that changed is better quality food and overall look. My last experience with this place was amazing, my kids never had so much fun in any other habachi restaurant. Manbu was our chief and even he took his time cooking he entertain us all that time.
I will come back there every time I visit Biloxi,

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Best on the coast or any where around...and the longest running one too!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Yuki's Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!