“Lunch Was Fabulous!”

Oyster House
Ranked #85 of 242 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We went on a slow Monday afternoon, around 1 p.m. We were seated promptly, and our waiter quickly took our drink and app order. They have several local beers on tap, and I have heard the margaritas are fantastic, but we decided to stick with water on this trip. I ordered the Royal Reds with the Sweet Potato Creme Brûlée, and my husband ordered the stuffed portabella with the seafood gumbo. I can not explain the deliciousness of the Creme brûlée! It is definitely dessert quality, and a large enough portion to share. Although, after my first taste, there was absolutely no way I was going to be sharing this dish! The Royal Reds were sweet and paired perfectly with the butter dipping sauce. I could not believe the size of these shrimp. Definitely bring your appetite! They peeled perfectly, and they were surprisingly juicy for such a large chunk of seafood. They honestly reminded me of the sweetness of lobster, just a bit. I sampled my husband's gumbo, and it was good, nothing fancy. It did have a generous portion of seafood in the mix. The stuffed portabella were so yummy! The stuffing paired perfectly with the large mushrooms. The wait staff were very attentive and our waiter had an enthusiastic personality. The location is great, right across from the beach. I can imagine this place gets busy during the tourist season, so you may want to avoid high traffic times. I will definitely be bringing family here when they visit us on the Gulf Coast. I highly suggest this place for a couple's dinner or family dinner, any attire.

4  Thank morguegurl

Reviewed January 10, 2014

SWEET POTATO CREME BRÛLÉE !! Yes I am shouting because it was that good ! All I can say is that it is a must have with your meal it is so good. As a matter of fact they should sell it out the side window like a cup of ice cream. Now on to the Rest of the meal - I had the blackened flounder and my wife had the redfish. Both meals were very generous and the thing I enjoyed was the blackened was tasty and not overly spicy. We had a late dinner and the atmosphere was very cozy for a Sunday night. We did not have drinks but a very good meal with 2 sides and ice teas ran us about 50 bucks. There may be better places in Biloxi but I truly enjoyed the Oyster House.

1  Thank Garyl176
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We are picky about our seafood being from New Orleans, but this place was great! I had the fried green tomatoes with crab cakes. It was delicious! The charbroiled oysters were excellent. My husband had the steak which was also excellent.

1  Thank Suzanne P
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were late afternoon diners so there was no wait and we had our pick up tables. Our waitress was pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu and specials. I was drawn to the Grouper top with a lobster and cream sauce.
I pointedly asked our waitress to promise me that the grouper was fresh and in fact actually grouper. She assured me that it was delivered fresh daily. I was a believer being that we were only a block from the Gulf. Despair! The grouper was probably Tilapia ... a very thin filet, not thick as grouper served fresh should be. My wife's chicken breast was tough and obviously a frozen portion control entree. Her fried okra was, at best, frozen with preparation that would not equal Popeye's. Neither of us finished our meals. I politely complained to the waitress, paid our check in full and left a 20% tip. She had tried and I told her not to let management have her mislead customers about the food products. This is a restaurant that should be avoided ... stay away. The Chamber of Commerce should scold the Oyster House for a misleading menu for local Gulf seafood.

3  Thank TurnipTruckDriver
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great Charbroiled Oysters and many delicious entrees. I would recommend to anyone near the Biloxi area.

Been to Oyster House? Share your experiences!