“An unexpected surprise”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We stopped in because it looked like a place where locals eat. The parking was full and the place was crowded. It didn't take long to find out why. The food and service were outstanding. I ate the stuffed crab and friend shrimp.

The only complaint I have is that I saw people eating plates that were not on the menu. How do you get to be in the "know" about the off menu items?

There are newer reviews for Ole Biloxi Schooner

Reviewed May 18, 2009

Great place for Gumbo and Poboys. Very casual. Don't go between 10 and 11:30, may have limited menu since they may not have fryers heated. Great Shrimp, oyster poboys. Also I think they have some of the best Gumbo around. Their original restaurant was destroyed by Katrina but this one is a little larger. Parking is difficult at times.

Reviewed February 18, 2009

I first ate at the "Schooner" right before Katrina hit. We loved it then and still do. We found the new location on the internet before our vist two weeks ago. Great food, great people. This is where the locals eat. They have the best crawfish poboy I've ever eaten! Yum!

Reviewed February 7, 2009

This used to be a great place to eat but not anymore! Service was slow and girl was very rude. My food was cold and when i complained the OWNER told me to eat somewhere else. So i pass this on to you go to Wendy's and get better food because schooner's is worse than fast food!! Over rated and over priced!!

Reviewed December 17, 2008

We have gone to Schooners many times and LOVE their dressed and pressed Oyster Po'boys, Huge sandwich jam packed with oysters. YUMM Runs just under $10/per. Good value.