“Slow overpriced and average”

McElroy's Harbor House Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 247 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: They just reopened their Biloxi location after being destroyed 6 1/2 years ago by Hurricane Katrina. The location is just east of the Hard Rock Casino in Biloxi, MS on Highway 90. This place gets 5 stars!!!!!!
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Had flounder that was full of bones and had little flavor.
Red snapper was $23 for thin over cooked over spiced filet Have been spoiled in Florida where seafood much better.Walked out of their restaurant in Ocean Springs where we were ignored at our table for 30 min without taking our order.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

AG, Fannie Pak, IAGMI, Bry Bry, and Heaver are on our vacation of love tour! You Know it Jack! We be hongry so Bry Bry say lets go up the road a little dow yonder from the Beau Rivage and get us some Fixins. IAGMI had to huff and puff his way to McElroy's because it be a little hot and sweaty out ask that AG she the one with heat issues! So we gets there and has to book it up a couple of flights of stairs. We get seated in the back and you know it jack we get us a good old country waitress which was cool! We make our order and gets our beverages they was pretty refreshing cuz of the long walk. The restauraunt overlooks the water which is cool. The peeps inside seem to be a little of the older crowd which is good for me! We get them thar fixins and before you know it Heaver's plate be empty she be hongry! Heaver eat really fast like that Fannie Pak! Heaver beat Fannie Pak to finish her fixins first, must be reliving that childhood where they had two minutes to gobble down that food! AG just crunch and munch her food, IAGMI just slurp and chomp down on his vittles, Bry Bry just wanna know what's on tap! Heaver and Fannie Pak just eat so fast they just gobble and munch down their food and not even savor the taste of the old south! Why Heaver and Fannie Pak why? Why you do dis? Why you relive childhood memories? The food was prettyh good and scrumptous and hit that belly with delight! IAGMI say I give this place the TWO BIG THUMBS UP FOR SOME REAL SOUTHERN COOKING! You Know It! Deuces to all my peeps and Deuces for Fannie Pak and Heaver for wiping out their plates and food!

1  Thank IAGMI
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I had the shrimp po boy with gumbo. Shrimp was hard fried popcorn shrimp which was not good. The gumbo was thickened with okra juice which is not my style. I can only compare my seafood to BB's in Ocean Springs...while this location has the view, they are not close to the food quality of BB's.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch while on a road trip. The view was great and the food tasted delicious. Our server was prompt and kept our glasses full of sweet tea. I would visit again.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My buddy and I were on a guy's night out and decided to eat supper here recently. The service was outstanding. Our wait person could not have been better. She was well trained and very attentive. The food was terrific - no wonder the place was nearly packed when we got there!!!!

It was nearing sunset and the view of the boats and Deer Island were quite nice.

My only complaint was that the two bar drinks I ordered with my dinner were very weak. C'mon, McElroy's, you can make the drinks their full strength and not eat into your bar profits. I have gotten better bar drinks at many chain restaurants. The drinks tasted pretty good, but there was darn little alcohol in either of them. I left there feeling cheated on the bar portion of my bill.

Still, I am rating them a four star based on service, food, and the view.