“Go Somewhere Else”

McElroy's Harbor House Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 248 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: They just reopened their Biloxi location after being destroyed 6 1/2 years ago by Hurricane Katrina. The location is just east of the Hard Rock Casino in Biloxi, MS on Highway 90. This place gets 5 stars!!!!!!
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had to take an elevator up to the restaurant. We had no done any research and were just driving around looking for a seafood place. Wish we had gone somewhere else. The food was terridle along with the atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I grew up eating at McElroy's, but hadn't been in years due to moving out of state. We met a group of friends for lunch here on a Friday while in town. The atmosphere was lively and we were able to get a table quickly. The food was great-actually better than I had ever remembered it being years ago. I recommend the gumbo-it was excellent, and everyone I was with liked their dishes. Service was fine, and the owner even came around to chat with us.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

They serve biscuits, grits and gravy, and the waitress called us " baby" and Ol' Glory flies all over town so I'm sure they hold their hands over their hearts, and there's more trucks than cars. Very small breakfast menu but ask and ye shall receive. I wanted an egg white veggie omlett and they cooked one up for me without hesitation. Not a fancy place but clean and the price was right. Waitstaff was friendly and yes, she did call me "baby"! Kept my coffee cup filled and the food came out hot and fast. Will be passing through Biloxi again and plan to return for an early breakfast.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The trip to McElroy's was excellent as always. Have eaten at the restaurant in Ocean Springs several times and was glad to see the one on Beach Boulevard reopen. The seafood is great and the view at sunset is awesome!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My sister and brother in law go to Biloxi every year for Cruisin the Coast. We look forward to eating fresh seafood, afterall, we ARE on the gulf. McElroys was open and convenient to Hard Rock so we looked forward to our evening meal. As far as ambience goes, don't think you're going to be under dressed OR have a relaxing, romantic dinner. 2 minutes after being seated the fire alarm sounded and NO one new the code to turn it off. It was horribly loud, but no one offered an explanation as to why it went off. The food wasn't good. It didn't taste fresh. I had the shrimp scampi, bad choice, it was 30 cents worth of angel hair pasta with 7 or 8 shrimp that was frozen not fresh. I know because I have had plenty of fresh gulf shrimp in years past. I would NOT recommend this dining experience to anyone I liked. That was the one thing we have removed from our "must see/do" again list next year.

1  Thank Curtt O