“Nice atmosphere”

Margaritaville
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Ate dinner at Margaritaville restaurant with my wife and 3 children on a Friday evening. We had a coupon from our hotel which made the cost very reasonable. We have always loved the volcano nachos and they were awesome as usual. The kids also enjoyed their food and we all liked the fun atmosphere and the views from the outside patio area. A couple things kept me from giving 5 stars though. First is that you have to walk through the smoke filled casino to get to the restaurant and can still hear and smell the casino while you eat. Second is that the nightly entertainment didn't start until 6:50. We specifically went for dinner instead of lunch because my daughter wanted to see the show and their website said it began at 4:50 on the weekends. It wasn't a huge inconvenience but we lingered around after dinner for about 20 minutes longer than we would have just so the kids could see the show we had promised them...they did like the show, as cheesy as it was. Overall, still a decent visit. I wouldn't put it on the same level as some of the other Margaritaville's I have been to due to the smoke and casino noise but I still enjoyed it and would probably return if I was back in the area.

MvilleBiloxi, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hi Sunofthebeach - We appreciate you choosing to visit us in May, and we are glad to see that you took advantage of our hotel offers! Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately there isn't much to be done regarding the restaurant/casino aspect as we have an open floor plan, if you will. We are expanding within the next year, so I will definitely pass along this issue to be reviewed. Also, the website mistake has been taken care of and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that we see you and your family again soon!

There are newer reviews for Margaritaville

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A $20 seafood buffet for 2? no way, YES Only at Margaritaville Casino & Restaurant in Biloxi, MS; great ocean view, good crab legs and fixings; kinda tight in seating, but very occomodating for the two of us. Great adult beverage specials nightly; and unlike some places this special has run every night we have been here. Eaten here several times, though the buffet items don't change, its still very economical and plenty of variety. Thanks Margaritaville! The gamblings not too bad either. Have $2 blackjack on Tuesday and always have $5 blackjack.

Hi HHLovestotravel - Thank you for visiting us in May! It sounds like you really enjoyed your experience all around. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a great waterfront restaurant! I have food allergies and it is often difficult to find restaurants that will accommodate my allergies. Not only did the staff at Margaritaville serve me a delicious dinner, but they went out of their way to assure me that my requests were not an inconvenience. Our server, Brooke, was exceptional, and actually found alternative condiments and seasonings that were safe for me, all with a smile. The chef checked all of the food to be sure it was safe for me and another staff member, Antonio, made sure my husband and I knew that our special requests were no problem and that the staff would be glad to see us back anytime. These particular staff members really made our visit memorable and enjoyable. The view from the outdoor deck is stunning and the food is great. They even have live music and palm trees to complete the experience. If you love a beach atmosphere with great service, definitely make a visit to Margaritaville part of your trip to the MS Gulf coast.

Hi heatherlyillinois - Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience! We are certainly glad that you experienced our awesome customer service - all while having a great meal, beautiful view and live entertainment. Please come back and visit again soon! FINS up!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We've eaten at other Margaritavilles and had ok experiences so we had low expectations. We were quickly proven wrong.

The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating and we sat outside, overlooking the water. The view was great - we even watched a boat park at the Margaritaville dock and come up for lunch. We started off with the $3 cocktail special of the day (a punch with coconut tequila - delish and cheap) and a hot crab dip that was very good. Our table ordered the diablo burger, the jambalaya, the calypso pasta, and jerk salmon. Each of us loved our meals and were surprised by the large portions.

The restaurant had daily specials for people with players club cards, so it's worth getting a card. The specials were under $10 and I don't recall if they were for lunch and dinner or just lunch.

Our server, LeDora, was great from start to finish. This experience definitely changed my opinion of Margaritaville restaurants! We will be back!

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you, JandK05! We are very happy this experience exceeded your expectations. The food, service, drinks and fun you had here are what you should always expect from Margaritaville. We hope to see you back with us in paradise soon!

Margaritaville Management Team

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Worst service and food over cooked. Don't come here if you're looking for good food. Lousy wait staff and hostess. Too busy to sit people in an empty restaurant.

Cheryl S - From start to finish, we are very sorry this is the experience you had with us. Our guests should never feel this way after a visit. Your comments about our food and service will be addressed.

Margaritaville Management Team