“Off Of Their Game”

Margaritaville
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We frequent Margaritaville regularly, and eat at the restaurant every time we're there. We were there Labor Day weekend, Saturday, 8/31/13, @ 1pm. I must say there were at least 30 tables without patrons and (3) - (4) waitresses. Imagine how shock I was shocked when the hostess told us, a party of only (2), would have to wait (20) to (30) minutes for a table, "Because we don't want to overwhelm the Kitchen staff and Wait staff!" Wow, on a holiday weekend!!! We decided to go to the bar just inside the restaurant and order a drink, but the bar tender never asked us in our (20) minutes if we needed a drink! I assume because she was "Overwhelmed!" We got our table at approximate (25) minutes. Our waitress wasn't "Overwhelmed" and our entrees were good, but the overall experience left us with a bad taste in our mouths! I hope this isn't the service and customer appreciation Jimmy Buffet is providing these days!

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

usmc_dkl - Thank you for visiting and bringing your experience to our attention. While we are very happy you enjoyed our server and entrees, we sincerely apologize for this being your overall impression of your visit. The issues you describe here should not be what you associate with our place, so we will address your review very seriously with the team.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been to this casino/restaurant on a few occasions. I have watched it "fall apart." I was witness and victim to extreme rude service inside the Margarita restaurant. I actually left without ordering food because no staff ever approached my table. When I arrived at the restaurant and waited to be seated I was never greeted, but barely led to a table by a young boy. He was rude, seemed bothered by my party wanting to be fed. A female at the customer service window snapped at my wife when she asked a question regarding casino events, "just read the brochure lady!" I never noticed any supervision of the casino/restaurant personnel. Jimmy Buffet should be ashamed of this place, it is pathetic.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

BigMike42_12 - We are very sorry this is the service you experienced with us. It is upsetting to know we missed out on hosting you and will take your comments very serious so this does not happen again. The events you describe here do not meet our high standards and we sincerely apologize.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The food was great and my virgin daquiri was awesome the only thing is the service was pretty bad !1!!!!! :(

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

jerrina m – While we are very happy you enjoyed our food and drinks, we are very sorry our service fell short of your expectations. We will address this review with the staff.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is the place you would like to go to relax, from 4 to 6 it is really Happy Hour, and Ann Lyons the bartender will guide you to all the good stuff they have on the menu. She took the time to let us know the best of the best, and when the show would start. OUT of all the casino's in the area this was the most fun. I even came home with a blender.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thomas W - Love to hear you found great service, delicious drinks and lots of fun during your visit. Thank you for stopping by for Happy Hour in paradise!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We loved it!! The food was great, shrimp poorboy, and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Sat out on the upstairs patio, downstairs is only open on the weekends but you can walk out there and look around and relax with a drink. Our waitress was very nice and helpful. We will definitely go back.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Lisa L - We're very happy you enjoyed our delicious seafood options, views and friendly service. Thank you for coming in - we can't wait to have you back!