“Buffet Yeah! Casino some concerns”
Review of Margaritaville Casino - CLOSED

Margaritaville Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: When you walk past the palm trees that line the entrance into the Margaritaville Biloxi Casino and Restaurant you will know instantly that this place is different. There’s an energy in the air – a sense of something fun. Maybe it’s the excitement of the players around you, the enthusiasm of the smiling casino staff, or the beauty of the giant 30 foot windows letting the natural beauty and sunshine of South Mississippi in. One thing is for sure – this is not the typical windowless, dark casino.This place was built to be fun – our slots let you play longer, the table game rules give you as much of an edge as anywhere on the coast, and our game selection blends the old and the new to give you a variety that will meet everyone’s needs.
Acworth, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buffet Yeah! Casino some concerns”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was there as part of a bus group in Biloxi for Mardi Gras, and they had a promotion on Monday mornings, free breakfast buffet for seniors. I was impressed with the buffet; very good food selection, good service. I've been at some free senior buffets where it's really just a continental breakfast; this was the real deal. The orange juice was noteworthy; pulpy; it tasted freshly squeezed. Staff was pleasant. I don't know how it is on other days; but that was definitely to be recommended. Now- for the rest of the story; the casino and restaurant are upstairs from the arrival door; easy access to the elevator or escalator. Casino is bright, and cheery. However- BEWARE- I only play penny machines- because generally they're 50 cents a pop even playing pennies. However, many of the machines are multi-denomination, 1,2,or 5 cents. Be sure to check you have the proper denomination. I was playing one machine, for 40 cents (penny); went to another, next to it, came back to my original, and didn't pay attention; it defaults back to the 5 cent wager every time you leave. I did 2 spins at 5x40=2.00 before I realized. That's why I say BEWARE; the machines are fun; I was pleased with the payouts; it seemed to give back some so I was able to play longer. Neat decorations; the MUST HAVE volcano, and huge blender. Cut Jimmy Buffet logos shop; but I personally feel that items advertising a place, should be lower priced. After all, wearing/using the items is promoting the place. Currently, no hotel; just casino; but definitely worth the stop when in Biloxi

Mississippi Gulf Coast
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Casino Yes . . . Buffett Yes . . . Buffet NO!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've gone to Margaritaville several times, and have found it to be pretty good. It is a small casino, and you'll have a lot better time in the warmer months when there's some outside entertainment. We've found the slots to be no better or worse than the others, in fact there's a few machine that we've only found here that we really like. Just wish the cocktail service could be a little faster, so often you're ready to change to another machine and you hate to walk away without getting your drink or tipping your server. And there are many table games, but even so, on a recent Saturday night we found several unopened Blackjack tables. Minimums are reasonable, but why not have a few lower minimum tables . . . you'd get more gamblers in, and they would probably bet (and lose) the same amount of money . . . I would think you'd rather see several tables packed with $2 blackjack players than only a few half-full tables with $5 players . . . OH . . . and until they improve their buffet operation, eat in the restaurant or outside when those venues are operating.

1 Thank BuyouBear
Centre, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Was very let down at this casino, very small, nobody winning, stood in line for buffet for 30 min. just to pay, then another line for 30 min. to get seated. then the bar is also very small food was coming out very slow, and didn.t taste good at all, This trip here was a total waste of time. I will stick to the larger casino's and hotels.

1 Thank postalpal
Henderson, Nevada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Jimmy Buffett where are you ?????”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Off the beaten path and I think that it would do much better with a hotel. It was fun for the 2 hours we spent there and a Ernest Hemingway/Jimmy Buffett entertainer did a great job.

Ocean Springs
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very disappointing. I would assume the place is packed when Jimmy Buffet shows up for a concert, but besides that, it's not overly impressive. It's one of the Coast's smallest Casinos, with no hotel. The restaurant is over rated, if you want fresh seafood, go to a local place rather than a casino. I have been several times, and they are consistent. I have yet to see someone hit a big win.

Visited January 2013