“It's not the Beau but better than most”
Review of IP Casino Resort

IP Casino Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Fun & Games in Biloxi
More attraction details
Owner description: Our arcade features loads of fun for all ages, including air hockey, three basketball games, two Ice Ball/Skeeball games, four race car driving games, two motorcycle riding games, four shooting games, an Elvis pinball machine, Ms. Pac-man, Galaga, claw vending machines, a photo booth, plus several prize and candy dispensing games. The arcade is located on the hotel's second floor corridor.
Reviewed November 22, 2010

As far as the rooms, I've stayed in better, but Im usually use my comps so can't complain. I DO smoke and at times it is a bit smokey for me, ventilation could be better. It is typically cold as well so bring a jacket. Valet is good, buffet is generally good, High Tide is good. Hate the dance club being in the lobby, It's way too loud and alot of times the "drunks" stagger into your way or can be rude ( not to me but have seen it to others ) The gift shop is EXPENSIVE ! But understanding it IS a gift shop. Bathrooms there are typically clean and nice. It does at times take awhile to get a cup of coffe as the waitresses are either busy or slow. I have won more morny there then at other casinos and that is the point of going. Not alot for kids to do, need huge gameroom or something more to entertains those with kids instead of letting them trot around the lobbies and the pool. Mine are grown so this doesnt imply to me if it did I'd vacation somewhere other than the IP. Staff has always been friendly and seemingly helpful. Card comps add up fairly quickly. Too many multi-line machines as I still prefer the old 1 or 3 line ones. Music they play over the speaker is usually tolerable not too loud and a good variety. I've stayed in smoking and non smoking rooms and both sould use a good airing out. For the room price though I guess it's ok. I dont spend alot of time when I am at the casino in the room anyway. Little sandwich shop downstairs is ok but I wish they'd get some COKE products. Too much pepsi stuff. 2nd floor slots are ok but I prefer first floor. Table games always seem to be overcrowded. They should really impose a drink limit on some folks! All in all I like The IP and The Isle. The Beau is a bit stuffy for me and the winnings are less. So, for the money, go to the IP, you cant have everything all the time you have to take the good with the bad in most cases.

1  Thank aprdmomx2
in 8 reviews
"crab legs"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2010

I've been there once, but my husband has been there 3 or 4 times. We always have a GREAT time. We like the rooms, the casinos, and the buffet is great. We are leaving Amarillo, Tx. tomorrow ( 11-12-10 ) to drive down there. I've never driven there. Can't wait to see the beautiful Gulf and the beautiful South.

1  Thank Meeze
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was warned that the air conditioning breaks frequently. This was the least of my concerns. They lost my reservation, put me in a smoking room and then resolved that issue by moving me to a room that was less smoky. I typically don't complain about small rooms but this one was worth noting especially since the Imperial Palace sees itself as a resort and charges a resort fee and the highest prices I've ever seen (and I've traveled alot) for their mini bar. The casino was probably cutting edge in 1970 and the restaurant was similiary dated and depressing. My colleague and I breathed a sigh of relief when we checked into a different hotel (the Beau Rivage) the next day. It's probably $20 more a night but at least five times better.

2  Thank DawnaZane
Reviewed March 20, 2010

It is very nice inside, way better than Vegas. The room and bed were very comfortable. It is north of the other casinos and other attractions. The fitness center is awesome!! No business center though??? Had fun, good price too.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 1, 2010

My husband and I went to IP for the weekend, January 29 & 30. I was offered a free room for two nights. We had no problems checking in. I reserved a king non smoking room, but, none were avaialble. I was given a non smoking room with two queen beds. That was not a big deal.
We at twice @ the Hilights Sports Bar. It was okay. Nothing to really brag about, but not bad either. We also ate one night @ the High Tides Restaurant. Again, it was okay. I cannot comment on the buffet, as we did not eat there. I do NOT like the idea of people breathing and coughing on the food, or letting kids touch food with their hands!
We also saw a show in the Studio A Showroom. The seats were great. Very comfprtable and roomy. You did not feel like you were sitting on the lap of the person next to you. I thought the drinks were reasonably priced in the show room. A mixed drink and a bottled beer for $11.00, and the drink was a good size.
The casino was pretty smoke filled, but, what are you gonna do?...People like to smoke in the casino. We had a good time, and actuall came out ahead for the weekend.
Over all I had a great time and would return.

2  Thank RhondaV

Been to IP Casino Resort? Share your experiences!