“Authentic as it gets”
Review of Basil - CLOSED

Basil
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Except for Thailand, this is the best thai I've had in the States. All authentic and truly original. Thai beef salad was great, papaya salad was spicy and delicious, and the best soup ever. I regret waiting almost a year before trying it.

1  Thank cabledawg53

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Once you get past the fact this authentic Thai restaurant is inside a hotel, you'll find outstanding Thai dishes to please your cravings. The food is excellent and they only serve Thai food during dinner service! My only wish is that they would start serving lunch too!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've eaten in many Thai restaurants all over the USA, and Thailand too, and this restaurant in Holdiday Inn Express was just excellent. We ordered papaya salad, pad thai to start, and said we want it mild to regular spicy. the salad was so good i decided to order the chicken in yellow curry sauce, which was superb (regular thai hot). in many thai restaurants, the thai curry sauces tend to be too creamy, even sweetish to reduce the heat factor, but here, the Thai lady chef did it just right. just a touch of coconut milk and right amount of sauce consistency, not too runny, not too thick, and the spice heat was just prefect for my taste. we raved so much about the food that our wait-person brought the thai lady chef, whom we thanked profusely, and she simply said she made the food 'home style.'
so when in biloxi, if you're hankering for some real good thai or spicy food, check out the Thai Basil.

1  Thank Aawaaraa
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Limited menu with all the staples. The pad thai was excellent, the fried rice, Thai style was excellent (loved the fresh bamboo shoots), the spring rolls were not greasy, the soup was tasty. We will return. Only thing is that is in a holiday inn breakfast type location. Clean, but odd environment.

2  Thank thejettsetters
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A friend who is part Thai recommended this restaurant. When she took her mother to Basil she and the owner talked to each other in thai and my friend said this is authentic thai food. A girlfriend wanted to do something different for her birthday and this was her pick. The chicken satay was great served with peanut sauce and cucmber salad. Wontons good. The soup was good. I had the yellow chicken curry good with medium heat. Papaya salad my friend got spicy and IT WAS SPICY !!! she loved it. Everyone enjoyed the food. Limited bar only beer and wine available. We sat outside for the appetizers looking at the beach and went inside for the main courses. Our server handled 6 women all talking at once very well. We will go back.

1  Thank Southerncoder