“Nice for the Price, but much better rooms in Biloxi” 3 of 5 stars

Palace Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice for the Price, but much better rooms in Biloxi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We met family in Biloxi, we had three separate rooms. The rooms are big, but kind of dated. The bathroom is sooo blue, and the shower feels dark and closed in. All the rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. Although we were all on different floors, we all had noise issues that woke us up at nights. We heard the elevator, my parents had someone walking around above them, and my sister had noisy neighbors. The staff tried hard to minimize the impact due to construction. My parents absolutely love staying at the Palace (they would rate it five stars); I prefer a more modern feel. I like that they have strict elevator access control based on room keys. I think the Palace will be awesome when the remodeling is done. We have stuck with the Palace through computer failures, power outages…I hope that they keep their prices down after the remodel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank surfinginflorida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I had a great stay at Palace Casino and we LOVE your Sunday Champaigne Brunch!!! I only stay at the Palace on Sundays in Biloxi. Hopefully on my next visit, the construction will be over and to enjoy the new casino and new amenities. The player's club staff is always fun to be around. They're really sweet and enjoyable; Biloxi's best player club staff ever!!
This was the second visit while there was a power surge, I'm glad I was in our room this time. Can't wait until the construction is over.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eallen116
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

One night stay in a new, very clean, and huge room with high speed internet and all the amenities...and also one block off the highway so no road noise.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Kurt5280
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

We booked this room for our anniverary weekend but once we arrived here we noticed it is far from every thing else in Biloxi,the only thing close was the Isle of Capri but it also was not in walking distance,there was construction everywhere but what topped everything was when we went to check in they wanted a $100.00 deposit and the front desk said it would take us 30 days to get it back.We was NEVER informed of this when we booked our room,so if you book a room here remember they will want a $100.00 deposit.Need less to say we did not stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank BandBAdventures
Horn Lake, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I travel to Biloxi and Gulfport quite frequently. This visit was for business instead of leisure. (October 11-12, 2010) At check-in, I usually ask for a high floor/bay side room. It was about 11pm and I figured it didn't matter because usual business starts around 7 or 8am so I took the room. (#314)
My thing is,construction workers started banging at 4:30a.m.!!! My schedule was to arise at 6:45 a.m to arrive promptly for business. I had no rest!!!! I believe lack of rest made me under perform at my appointment. One would think, (I believe it was Cathy that checked me in) the guests that stays on the front of the hotel would be warned about construction noise. The next time I'm on a business trip in Biloxi and surrounding counties, I will never stay at the Palace.
Oh, I'm aware of the construction in case management reads this. I've been staying and visiting at the Palace every time we visit Biloxi and surrounding counties since February 2010; and my husband and I just visited a week and a half ago prior to this terrible visit. We are frequent Biloxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis and Oceansprings visitors and we visit the coast at least 2-3 times a month.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

hotel was clean and staff was friendly. it is under construction and had to take an enclosed walkway to the entrance. the construction blocked off all access to the bay so it could not even be seen. the pooled was closed. the parking garage is faily convenient. casino was not very exciting.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Great view of the bay. The casino needed a big upgrade! Too dreary looking. Machines were tight. Hotel Manager checked me in. He was a bit too stern. Like a robot. Nothing to make me feel welcomed at all. He wasn't rude; just not pleasant. I feel that when someone stays at a hotel/casino they expect bells & whistles. Lights and glamour-like atmosphere. I didnot feel any energy inside of the casino. Now the rooms were perfect!!!! Most of all clean! Loved the bathroom too. Great hotel. Casino leaves a LOT to be desired!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends