“Great Stay with a couple of small problems, very small.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Palace Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, TN
“Great Stay with a couple of small problems, very small.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

Well I tried to read all the reviews for the Palace Casino before booking my stay. First off let me say the hotel room are very nice and on the large size. Me and my wife stayed on our anniversary from Thurs. March 25th thru Sunday March 29th. We had a Jacuzzi room on a high floor. It was a corner room. With windows floor to ceiling on two sides of the room. Views were of the bay with the long bridge and the other side was the Isle Casino and Gulf of Mexico. The king bed was super, never slept on a bed that was that comfortable. Jacuzzi Tub was only big enough for 1 person but was great. Had a very large walk in shower, it was huge. We asked for a fridge in the room, $5.00 per day charge extra. It was just a small mini fridge that was delivered to room right after we checked in. Free wireless internet! Boy, thank god a casino hotel with free internet. Me and my wife have laptops and have to keep up with work email. Only one bad thing with the rooms. You can not keep all the outside light out of the room. They have flood lights shining up the outside of the building at night and the light still gets in at the top and sides of drapes. But outside of that the room is clean and nice.

From check-in, bell man, valet, housekeeping and all staff for the hotel are super friendly and very nice. Couldn't ask for any more in these people. Just plain friendly to me and my wife from check-in to check-out. One thing they don't tell you though is that if you charge with a debit card they hold $100, but if you hold with a credit card the hold $50. I was told about the $50 not the $100 until check in.

Food, EXPENSIVE, didn't eat anything at the casino. Room service is only at night and only on the weekends and very limited selection, I didn't use it. They have a buffet, looked small to me and a snack bar. Had great looking desserts at the snack bar, I asked about getting a piece of cake one night only to be told they only sell the whole cakes. Who needs a whole cake unless you have 10 people?

Gambling. Very, very, very small casino. bottom two floors of the hotel. If you a table player go somewhere else. 1 roulette wheel. 3 or so bj tables, 1 craps table. My wife plays slots so she played alot, never won anything. I don't hold that against a casino but the just seemed very tight compared to all the other casinos in Biloxi and Gulf Port. We played them all on our trip. I play table games, while being watched by a Pit Boss I lost $140 on BJ in about 3 minutes. I averaged playing $10 a hand for 2 or so hours. So i busted out and asked about a buffet comp. The pit boss didn't even go over to a computer or look at the last bosses that were there little clip board that would show I lost around $500.00 in a couple of hours. He flat out said NO you don't qualify. Thats his decision and I didn't argue, wouldn't have changed anything anyway so why do it. But I did tell him I would never lay another bet in his casino again. And I won't.

Well after our trip to biloxi we went to tunica, MS and stayed at the Horseshoe casino for 6 days. Horseshoe Tunica promotion you gable 30 minutes you get a free buffet, even if your playing penny machines. Lay $20 on any table game and ask for you buffet comp and it is given. Me and my wife were comped every day.You can read about that on there trip advisor page.

My opinion. HOTEL YES!!!!!! Gamble at your own risk! Don't expect to be comped at the tables anyway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank titanfan2k1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Horn Lake, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

Our stay was on March 28, 2010. We eat and gamble at the Palace when we're in Biloxi and this was our first time staying at the Palace. The room was good except there was no frig or microwave. The shower has 2 glass blocks that filters a night light amount of light in the bathroom when the room light is on and the bathroom lights off. I thought is was cute, lol and different. With tax, the room was right at $67 non-smoking dbl beds. I thought the room was great for the price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eallen116
Atlanta GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Palace twice now and enjoyed both visits. The Beau Rivage is certainly more elegant, but machines too tight there. I would rather stay where I can win something, have a nice room with view of the Bay, good snacks and a great staff that made us feel very comfortable. We had a very good time

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gerrydee
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

I feel everyone should stop in Biloxi and spend some money post Katrina!
This hotel is so great with a super pool, great service and wonderful specials.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

The rooms are remarkable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is so comfortable and down to earth. The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff was great. Although the casino is smaller than most, I loved playing here better than the bigger casinos!!! I HIGHLY recommend eatting at their buffet for breakfast and dinner. The food there is the best!!!

Stayed March 2010
1 Thank 504roadtripqueen
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I have stayed at the Palace several times since Katrina and find it to be the most reasonably priced with absolutely the most comfortable beds I have experienced in any hotel. Getting to your room is a little difficult with having to go right through the casino past the gamers, but it is worth the hassle. I`ve never eaten at this casino so I can`t speak for it. The casino is small, but I usually have my best luck there, and I`m not telling you where I usually play! There are certain slots that are loose. If you are on a budget and not a snob, give this one a try. I think you will like it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Porchboy
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2010

not sure what the other rooms were like but had the fortune of a corner room with north and east views. very spacious, comfortable and quiet. did not use the casino or any of the services but a great stay

highly recommended.