“I love this place!”

Palace Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed one night on a cross country trip. We don't gamble but find casinos can be a great value. This is the best by far. First, we loved that the entire hotel/casino is smoke-free. Our room wasn't as large as some others, but it was beautifully decorated and had good task lighting, which is almost impossible to find. And the views of the bay-WOW! I also liked that it's at one end of "hotel row" so the traffic didn't seem so bad. We had draft beer at the sports bar, which has the coldest draft beer ever.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BabsinTX

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Love the new Hotel and updated décor. Hotel quietly elegant. Beds very comfortable. Pillows divine. Love the fact that it is smoke free, even the casino. Table games and dealers were great. Slots were NOT generous like they used to be, before Katrina. High roller cage not that great either.

Room Tip: If you are a Senior, ask for Handicapped near elevator, non smoking.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here December 22-25, 2013. The hotel is newly renovated and completely smoke-free. The casino is smoke-free too! The customer service was outstanding, whether it was a bellman, a valet, the food supervisor! All of the employees were very friendly and eager to please. We mainly played table games at the casino, and we enjoyed ourselves. My only complaint is that there was often a wait to play Pai Gow as they only have one Pai Gow table. It would be nice if they had two. I have to eat gluten free for health reasons, and Tre, the food supervisor went out of his way to ensure that I had meals and treats to eat. At the buffet, they have a Mongolian barbecue area, and the chef made my stir-fry meal separately, and it was good. The rooms were clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. We truly enjoyed our stay here, and we look forward to going there again. This hotel is located very close to Margaritaville which has an extensive gluten-free menu. We ate there a few times as well. We were very close to the Gulfport beaches and several historical sites including the Jefferson Davis house. Additonally, there is a quaint little town called Ocean Springs about a mile away with fun shops and restaurants. There's a lot to do here, and I am looking very forward to a future visit. Of course, we will be staying at the Palace Casino Resort. :)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had stayed at the Palace a couple of years ago and loved the smoke free casino environment and the great staff. Both of those still apply, but a major problem exists. The rooms have been redone and are at a decor level equal to top tier Vegas Strip resorts. In our room, it was very cold so we turned up the temperature lever. Then it got very hot so we turned it down, then it got very cold, etc. We called for help and two engineering staff came up. They explained that the system "wasn't really like a thermostat" and would only blow hot air or cold air. I asked if that meant I could either have the room way too hot or way too cold. They stammered and basically said yes. Sorry, but I won't stay in such a place again. THis is absurd, and needs to be fixed.

2  Thank AltGol
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are currently staying here. The casino is nice in that it is non-smoking, but the slots are tight. We have eaten at all the restaurants on site with the stacked grill being the best in terms of food and service. Most employees have been pleasant and so far we are having a nice trip. Gina at Mignon's bar makes a great sangria!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I really enjoying gambling at Palace because it's totally non-smoking which I love. I am so tired of walking out of Casino's smelling like an ashtray and cannot wait to go home and wash my hair and cloths. I wish the slots gave you more play for your money and we would have stayed longer. We tried several slots and it just ate the money like you were just donating...too bad. They have a great place and idea, but if you cannot enjoy playing and get no play for your money then it's just not worth it to go in.

Room Tip: Great Non-Smoking Casino - One of a Kind.
3  Thank Karen L
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My Husband and I go often to Biloxi and have had several host at each casino. But never has a casino host ever made an extra effort to come meet the guest and takes a seat and talks with the guest as if he was a family friend. Everytime I need something Matt Johnson the Host from Palace has taken care of any and all request. We feel very at home with the entire staff at the Palace from check=in to check= out. I just wanted to compliment the professionalism of Matt Johnson and his dedication to the customers of the Palace.

1  Thank Edna H