“Value, cleanliness, and welcoming environment without the smoke filled atmosphere”

Palace Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have little to complain about when it comes to Palace Casino Resort. With this not being one of the properties right off of I-110, I had concerns before my wife and I left. With that said, the hotel begins to dazzle the second you set foot in the lobby. While unassuming, you get a feeling of modern clean comfort. The staff was polite and informative (even about the $100 debit card hold on top of your room rate for the room). Check in was smooth and the added security of needing a room key to access guest room floors was a plus.
Being a relatively young couple, it was surprising and refreshing to be able to hang out with the other couples who took the trip with us in the hip Contact Sports Lounge. The food was moderately priced, servers kept beverages coming, and the music and atmosphere was uptempo and a fun time was had by all.
As far as gaming goes, their promo for new card signees where by gaining 40 gaming points you had a chance to win up to $1000 in free slot play was a perk (although most of us won only $10). And my wife ended up winning $154 off of $5 (which is usually how it goes) so I can't really complain about slot action. The waitresses were also very attentive to slot players so getting a beverage was never an issue.
My wife and I didn't experience the buffet so I can't comment on that, but Stacked Grill was a good breakfast and late night option. The servers are helpful (and honest) when it comes to choosing the menu option that best suits your taste. And if you come through for a late night bite to go, they don't have you waiting long.
Overall I have to say that for the price this is a great place to stay and experience a Biloxi getaway. The staff that was on the elevator with us even wished us a safe trip and invited us back. Checkout was a breeze and made me not to want to leave. I look forward to coming back and visiting real soon.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank TravelDJ1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This a great hotel for families. It is non-smoking which was our #1 reason for staying there. We visited another hotel for dinner one night and the smoke was overwhelming as soon as you walked in the door. The staff were super friendly and polite. Some of the best service I have had in a hotel. The pool is small, but nice. It was never crowded even though it was 90+ degrees when we were there. The food at the poolside restaurant was very good, as well as the casino buffet. The only downside is that it is extremely difficult to get to the pool - almost a maze to get there. The room was clean. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jenlyn5
Austin, TX
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hadn't been to the Palace before, but have been to a number of the casinos in Biloxi. We were attracted to the no-smoking angle. What a pleasure to have non-smoke smell clothes after an evening of gambling!

I'd say the property is nice, but not swanky. The price was nice as well. My room had lots of windows but not much of a view. Didn't matter really, it was clean and comfortable, who goes to Biloxi to hang out in the room?

The casino caters to penny slot players, but there are some video poker, and other slots for us non-penny players. I am happy to report that I won a bit, though did watch someone else dump $500 into the machine next to me. So, your results may vary.

Yes, there was poker, keno, roulette, craps, good bars.

It was easy in, easy out, not so huge that you could find your way around without a problem Nice experience overall. The people were friendly and helpful, and the internet access was definitely high speed.

This is your regular casino for everyday, not your special casino for anniversaries.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in room 719, just across from the elevator. We paid an extra $20 per night for a nice view, and it was well worth it. The view of the bay was indeed awesome. The room was very clean and comfortable, with the only blemish being the too-small bathroom. It would be fine for one person, but my wife felt especially cramped with the small amount of counter space around the sink area.

As others have mentioned, we really appreciated the property's rules about smoking. A much better experience in the casino from that aspect. I will say, though, that if you're a video poker player, you might wish for somewhat better pay tables on most of the machines and, for that matter, more machines.

Wifi in the room worked well. There was no charge, and it was possible to use it on multiple devices simultaneously.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel was great. The room was very clean and bright. Could not ask for better. The only problem we had was at the pool. There was nobody at the pool with the exception of our family and my sisters family. We did rent a cabana so my brother in law and I to sit and talk while the wife's and grandchildren swam. The music was so loud that we could not talk. I asked the pool girl if she would turn it down as we were the only ones out there. She went to the bar and turned it down, then turned it right back up before we left the bar area. There was nobody in the bar with the exception of the bartender and he was watching a football game on the TV. There was no reason for the music to be so loud. We honestly could not talk without repeating ourselves or talking extremely loud. I would recommend the hotel to everybody as it is very nice and clean. Just don't expect much respect at the pool. I almost forgot, THE WHOLE PLACE IS SMOKE FREE. A great thing for those of us who do not enjoy smoke.

Room Tip: The higher the better. You can see further.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent property, grounds, cleanliness, gaming and the best part the entire facility is smoke-free.
Room (Room 4012) was without a doubt the cleanest and best maintained we have ever stayed in.
Gaming area was SMOKE-FREE!!!! Loved it.
Property and grounds were vey well kept and the cleanliness was exceptional.
Buffett was excellent! Had a problem with the dinner black beans and breakfast hash browns being extremely salty (unable to eat them) as well as loads of butter in the fares. Maybe a Mississippi thing, I don't know. On 27 Sep, the baked potatos were old and brown inside. Pehaps taste testing the slections prior to serving would aleviate these issues.
Security was present and diligent both inside and outside the casino. Felt secure the entire 2 days of our stay.
If you're looking for the rowdy crowd of college kids on Spring Break, go elsewhere. This is the type property you can bring your spouse to enjoy and have a good close get away. Would recommend over any other resort on the Gulf Coast (stayed in all of them over the years).

Room Tip: Any and all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank driving t
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at the Palace Fri 9/20 and Sat 9/21. First unlike other casino resorts, the Palace does not jack up the price for a weekend stay. The room with a king, a beautiful view of the bay and super clean and did I mention a frig was fantastic for the price we paid. The buffet was delicious and much to choose from. The casino was excellent!!!! NO SMOKING!!!!! So very nice to be in a casino and not have someone blowing smoke in your face. Love It!!!! Pool and pool bar looked very nice but unfortunately rain kept us inside. And last but not least, everyone there was so very nice. Will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: room 901 is a corner room and overlooks the bay and pool. very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple