“Great non-smoking environment” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yellow Springs, Ohio
“Great non-smoking environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Palace for a little staycation and it was great. I had gotten a special price for a room so took advantage for a 2 night stay. It is so nice not having to brath all the smoke filled air - and your clothes dont stink!! The pool was great and the drinks outside by the pool were very good. All in all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed the complete opposite of the elevators. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went with my mom especially because the casino is smoke free. The room was very nice, the pool small and not easily accessible. The casinos were not that busy, and the payouts were terrible. Example, a penny machine you cannot play for less than .30cents (mom was playing). I played at the Black Jack Tables was surprised to see a $3 table. The drinks (alcohol) were watered down while playing and I found out from the cocktail server the wine they served comes from a box!
The food was terrible. The carver at the carving station was rude and the food looked recycled.
I did speak with the Manager and she gave me a coupon for a free buffet, however that won't work because I won't be going back. I much prefer the Beau Rivage or IP.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

enjoyed the buffet very much. all of the servers and people in the buffet were extremely friendly and great at their jobs. A great overall experience and the choices of food were as good as any. Thanks Palace.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The buffet was quite tasty, with a wide variety of menu items and types of cuisine. Kids loved the hushpuppies and the other southern cooking staples, letting them try a whole bunch of different foods. Enjoyed walking through the casino with no smoke! Didn't feel like I had to change clothes and shower as soon as I left.

The casino itself has a fine selection of slots, but the table games seemed lacking to me. Perhaps it's a state law, but there was no Pai Gow Poker, Let It Ride, or other Nevada table games I'm used to in Reno or Vegas. Maybe I missed them, or they were there before but have been replaced by different table games. As I prefer to play craps and pai-gow poker, I might have a hard time playing here for any length of time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed one night with my 7 year old son and 10 year old nephew. They loved the pool and so did my Mom and I. It was L shaped and I think it was a salt water pool. The pool grounds was lovely. Our room was very large, nice and clean. It was also a very safe place to stay because you have to use your room card to use the elevators so no one from the casino can try to go up to the rooms of the hotel or the pool. The only negative thing was the walls are really thin. We could hear the people on both sides of us blow drying their hair and flushing the toilets. A plus to this hotel is that it is smoke free. My nephew has asthma so that is why we chose this hotel. We will stay here again, but I will bring my white noise sound machine to block out the neighbors

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sha S
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We only stopped here for lunch on the way home from New Orleans. It was $34 for 2 adults and a child. I was nervous about what options they weould have on a monday at 2pm but i was very pleasantly surprised. All the food was fresh, including the fried shrimp, clams, fish. They were replacing food as it ran out or started getting low. They had about 5 different stations of food, plus desserts and salad bar. Everything I had was great. We got stopped by the guard going in but told him we were going to the buffet and he let us right in (remember we had a child with us going through casino) and joked with our son about not gambling on the way to eat lunch. Staff was friendly and cleaned dirty plates and refilled drinks fast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank spamdogger
Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family of 3 (including my 10 yr old son) got to Biloxi on Sunday 6-23-13 and had planned to leave on Wednesday, but we enjoyed the stay so much, we didn't check out until the following Sunday. This was our first time visiting Biloxi and we were very pleased with the non-smoking casino. The employees were very friendly. The food was GREAT! We ate many of our meals at the Palace Buffet and The Grill. We ate one time at the Mignon and it was the best calamari and steak we have EVER eaten! The only negative thing I would say is that it's not really a place to take kids. He was bored. The pool was really the only thing he was able to do for fun. We did go off site to a gaming & putt putt place, but most of our time was spent at the hotel. Kids aren't allowed in the casino except when walking to one of the restaurants. It would be nice if they had a staff monitored kids play area near the casino with a LOT of security measures. I think many people would be willing to pay an hourly rate for this service. Although with all the money I spent gambling, it would be nice if this type service was provided as a complimentary service - with time limitations of course, because w/o it, some people would probably leave their kids there ALL day. LOL. I enjoyed this trip; I really did. Would probably go again soon if I can find a baby sister.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family