“always good” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

very nice rooms for the money --rooms with bay view better but all overrides the fact that casino and rooms are non smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that alone is worth the price to us. restaurants a little pricey. casino is a casino--if you do not expect to win you will not be disappointed but no worse than the others---did I mention non smoking ----hooray!

Room Tip: bay side rooms with view are best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kcbaby255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I simply love the renovations. The renovations make this property spectacular. During our stay for my mother's birthday, we requested a late checkout which the front desk quickly obliged. However I'm rather disappointed with the lack of balloons, chocolates, or card in the room. I mentioned several times during reservations as well as during check in that its my mother's birthday. I noticed throughout several reviews that with just a mere mention of a birthday celebration other guests received fantastic customer service. I'm quite puzzled on why my mother did not receive the same treatment. Also I would just like it to be noted that this is the second year celebrating my mother's birthday at palace casino ..... Didn't get the birthday welcome last year either. Maybe we should blow the candles out on celebrating birthdays here.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

For the last 15 yrs, I have been disappointed with other beachfront casino smokey atmospheres and declining taste buffets. I was apprehensive about ever eating a buffet again, but saw the review for Palace and decided to give it a try for my birthday weekend. WOW is all I can say. There was nothing on the buffet I didn't like. My entire family (kids ages 10-13) even enjoyed it. Hubby loved the prime ribs. BEST seafood entrees in Biloxi and they season the food just like home in LA. We ate a late lunch and it was so affordable with tons of seafood options and prime ribs. Dessert bar was endless. :) Staff was so pleasant any time we talked to them or asked questions. I even doubled my money on slots and got a free gift for my birthday when I signed up for Players card. Far better in service customer than a nameless casino next door that's new. (Hint hint). Other casinos I went to in the Fall for concerts and I was totally miserable with all the cigarette smoke. My eyes would burn and I had a headache by end of night. Nothing against smokers, but I don't feel I need to suffer for their own habit so take it outside. So incredibly nice to have a smoke-free environment at the Palace. Kudos for that!!!! Romantic and cozy atmosphere with topnotch class. My only regret was not booking a room there once I found out they are half the price of other casino hotels. Though it's not beach front..easy 2 min drive from Beach Blvd with easy self parking or valet. My next trip to Biloxi...Palace Casino will be my first and only stop for food, fun, and hotel accomodations. Awesome!!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank tripcajun
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

WOW!!!! If you are headed for Biloxi/Gulfport, MS, look into staying at The Palace!! It is great!!! The hotel rooms are in process of being renovated and the result is a property to rival The Beau Rivage!! Once it is finished, it will be one of the jewels of Biloxi!
The food in Stacked (one of the resturants) is awesome!!! We have not had anything that we didn't like! The staff is always so nice and greets us with a smile and a warm welcome!
The casino is great, as well!! The dealers and staff are the best in the area!! They are nice and engaging, makeing it a fun experience for the novice to the experienced. Plus it is NON-SMOKING!!! (They do have a smoking area but not on the casino floor, itself.)
I encourage you to stop in and check it out...you won't be sorry!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank RoamingGnomette
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our first trip to Biloxi and the Palace Hotel & Casino did not disappoint. The room was very nice, modern, and a great shower (always a big deal to me!) I personally loved the Casino, it was a good size and the help staff was friendly. Smoke-free really matters to me, so I will come back here and stay.

Room Tip: We were lucky to have a high room with a view that showed the gulf. It is not on the gulf but close.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mamalumpy
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at the Palace Monday Mar 4th through Wednesday March 6th. First off, our room was exactly what we requested (near an elevator and not too high due to 84 yr young birthday girl). The valet greeted us immediately and our bellhop Heath was a treasure! We mentioned casually in the elevator that it was my Mom's B-Day trip and low and behold when we came back to our room after a night of gambling there were balloons, gourmet chocolates and a lovely card! Now that is customer service! We had absolutely no issues at all and the plus was that it is entirely non-smoking.

They have us as customers for life! Oh and we did snag a renovated room and it was just stunning. European styling, very clean lines and the bedding and pillows were very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to all looking for a hotel with great customer service and reasonably priced.

The Lupos

Room Tip: We overlooked the Bay side 6th floor and wow you should have seen the yachts!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margo L
Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

During my recent stay at the Palace Casino Resort (Sunday night March 3) we encountered the following food service issues:

1. No room service available except Friday and Saturday nights.
2. The Grill Restaurant does not allow take-out at night. If you are a restaurant and your goal is to serve food it should not matter whether it is eat-in or take-out.

Makes no sense from a customers point of view to not allow take-out at night when room service is not available.

The only food available is the Cafe/Bakery that serves pre-made refrigerated sandwiches. Not a popular choice.

If you are a service business please try to be customer oriented.

Thanks

Room Tip: Please request for the recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple