New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wisconsin
“Palace Casino Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful place to stay large clean rooms and nice views of the Gulf of Mexico. exceptional people in all areas of the hotel. We LOVE to stay here. Clean rooms nice new casino floor. The food is really good and you really don't have to leave the hotel/casino at all if you don't want to. We come down every winter for a week and we really like staying here.

Room Tip: We prefer to face the Isle of Capri and get the Gulf view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank KAYCEE50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Greentown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

made reservation via phone, was warned about room construction being done on 11th floor during day. Checked in and was impressed about decor, smoke free and great buffet first night albeit $20 bucks a head. next morning at 6:48 am drilling right above us (6th floor) woke us all up. When mentioned to front desk that night that I hoped it wouldn't happen the next morning, they said they didn't know where they were working but put you in rooms away from where they are working. hmm, sounds like a contradiction. any way next morning, they didn't start till 8am. no free $$ when you sign up for players card and casino kinda smaller compared to others. also not beachfront and pool outdoor and kinda out of way. take elevator to 3rd floor, walk down whole hallway, out door to roof walkway, in another door, down elevator and you're in the outdoor pool area. wow, you need a map.

Room Tip: next time probably would choose a different casino, probably hardrock...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank raperlak
Marrero, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The property is lovely, check in was easy, employees nice and room nice. I brought my mother there for her 68th birthday as a treat to get away for some relaxation. Noted on my reservation that we wanted a quiet room. When we checked in, the front desk warned there was construction but only during daylight hours. We planned to be gaming so that did not seem to be an issue. However, after gaming until 11PM and not going to bed until midnight, the last thing I expected was a 6AM wake-up call with hammers banging and either drills or screws going into metal beams of the building. I called the front desk and she smugly said that i was told at check-in there was construction. I told her that 6AM is not a reasonable time for this to occur and she said they have no control over when construction starts. Got no where with her and the noise continued. I called the manager when she got in at 11AM and she just kept telling me it is on the reservation site and we were told at check in and echoed that they have NO CONTROL over when construction starts.
It is very sad that the hotel management can not control the comfort of their guest by making contractors that they are paying for, begin working at maybe 8AM or do quiet things until 8AM.
It makes me sad that they have this attitude because i was excited about the No Smoking casino and was looking forward to a return trip until this wake up call and lack of management concern of the matter.
Until they get better management, I would have to recommend you find another place to lodge if you plan on sleeping past 6AM. I did see someone else report a similar issue here starting much earlier. I guess i was lucky they waited until 6.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank CelesteDLA
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Thank you Palace Casino Resort for a great weekend!! Everything was top notch, and everybody I came in contact with from start to finish made me feel very welcome. Hope to visit again soon :) Employees that really stood out was Eric Bellman and Troy on the PBX.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank WOLFE81
Kevil, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time at the updated Palace Casino. The rooms are the same, but big improvements to lobby and casino! Golf is great in the area. Preserve is the best course in my opinion. Grand Bear at a close second.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank ericcrane
Sugar Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Let me first say that the best way to judge anyplace is when they are busy. We stayed at the Palace on January 2nd. They were not very busy. I picked the Palace for one reason--- they are smoke free. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised by the look of the building inside and out. We were greeted by the valet who made sure our luggage was immediately taken care of. The lobby had a modern classy look. Check in was a breeze. Our room was clean, well decorated and good size. The beds were comfortable. We met some old friends for dinner and chose Mignons Steak House inside the hotel. We started out with drinks at the bar and then moved to the restaurant. The bar tender made a great martini and just the way I like it. The food was also done to perfection. We all had some form of steak . While a bit pricey,everyone commented how great their meal was. We were having such a good time that we looked up to find that the place was closed but no one tried to get us out of the restaurant. We then moved over to the casino for a little blackjack. The dealers were great -- very friendly and we won enough to pay for the room.
The next morning my wife and I were getting ready to get on the road and when I tried to make coffee and the coffee maker did not work---- I called the front desk and within 10 minutes we had a new coffee maker , another example of their great service . I could go on and on, but suffice to say that all the employees that we encountered went the extra mile to make sure we were having an excellent experience. I highly recommend the Palace to anyone who is visiting Biloxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Larry L
Citrus Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent Christmas in Biloxi and were pleasantly surprised on how friendly and nice everyone was. Our trip to the Palace Casino did not disappoint. Walter a Valet was the first person that greeted us. We were trying to fasten a new travel bag to my walker and were having a hard time. He walked over to us from a distance and asked if we needed help. Needless to say he proceeded to fix it for us. Then I had trouble with my slot machine. Anthony (TRIPLE A) helped me immediately. Kind, smart and efficient. Gold stars to these employees. I didn't win any money, but went away happy. Thank you most sincerely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family