“Non-smoking Penny Slot Players Paradise”

Palace Casino Resort
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 17, 2012

What a place. I loved it from the minute I entered the lobby---elegant, but not pretentious. The casino is on the second floor. They had most of the Vegas penny slots that I love (Moolah, Crystal Forest) as well as many other newer ones.

The casino was large, the people were friendly, the wonderful lunch buffet was 1/2 price on Tues and Thurs for seniors (about $7 and well worth the price), and the comps were generous. After playing at the Beau (very tight machines--no fun at all) and Hard Rock (also tight machines and very smokey casino), these slots were generous enough that it allowed me to have "fun", and I even was able to off-set my losses at the other casinos.

The buffet food was well worth the money (included a pasta station and a Mongolian-type station where you pick your veggies, your meat, and your spices and it is made to order. Great desserts. A better buffet than what's we've had in Vegas.

Also of note is that it has at least one $5 black jack table, something not found at the Beau Rivage or the Hard Rock Casino (during the week the tables start at $10). There is no doubt that if I return to Biloxi that this is the only place that I will play. The non-smoking environment, the good food, and the generous slots make it a no-brainer. If I'm going to lose my money, at least I want to be able to play a long time before losing it----at the Beau and Hard Rock, you are wiped out really fast. And, at the Grand, the smoke is so bad that you leave before you're wiped out so that you can breathe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SCCarrie
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

WOW - Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed our 100% smoke free property and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Took my wife for our anniversery stayed at the Palace. Dont recomend it for gambling or staying. Seen a roach in the room the first night. Casino was tightest in the area an we played at them all. We had our best luck at Beau,IP an Boomtown . The others just seem to take with not much giving. Going back soon an will diffantley stay at The Beau or The Imperial Palace. They are both beautiful resorts, The best in area.

P.S. The Palace never even thanked us for staying or asked how our stay was. Not good service in my eyes.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

First off - Thanks for your business, we appreciate everyone who visits our property. Sorry to hear about your luck, we have the best slot payback on the coast and we are 100% SMOKE FREE. I sure hope you give us another try. With just 234 rooms I believe we can offer way better personal service than a property with over 1,000 rooms.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We were driving through and decided to stay for a night. I was traveling with my 62 year old mother and 8 year old son. I hate smoke and never gamble because of it. This hotel was a breath of fresh air. I called ahead and booked a room for a Friday night stay. The lobby was beautiful and front desk was very helpful. Poor bell boy that helped us was so nice and understanding with all we had. Room was spectactular and very spacious and clean!! This is a huge compliment from me!!! We had a beautiful view and overall we were extremely pleased with the room.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and ate at the buffett on casino floor. It was a bit pricey but worth every dime. The chefs were all amazing and the food was just delicious:) Special thanks to the seaffod chef for making my son something special and being so nice and talking to him so nicely!!
Casino was wonderful and offered a lot of choices. Only negative is after I was at a black jack table for over 3 hours and went through quite a bit of money I was not given any kind of comps even though they had my players card from the moment I set down. Plus getting drinks was way too slow!!
Over all though this was a wonderful hotel and casino and I cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jennthia
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thanks for the wonderful review and I'll check into the slow cocktail service. Thanks again for visiting the Palace Casino Resort.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

the lobby is beautiful and the remodel is complete...service is good as always...enjoy the non-smoking atmosphere and some great bars and restaurants! Best place to stay and gamble in Biloxi!

Room Tip: during the week it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lexjax
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thanks for your business and those kind comments. We hope you will choose our resort again on your next visit to the MS Gulf Coast. Roll Tide :-)

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My friends and I spent a weekend in Biloxi to gamble, drink and have an all around good time. The Palace Casino Resort was probably the place we spent the most time gambling on our first night because of its smoke-free atmosphere which is welcome and not common in Biloxi. The interior and exterior make it a very posh-looking place and the service was superior to all of the other hotels. The casino wait staff seems to have smaller areas than the other casinos and as such, their waitresses provided the best service - drinks were made correctly, delivered to each person without hesitation and perhaps most importantly, were delivered and replenished the fastest out of all the casinos in Biloxi. This is literally the only casino in the world where I had on multiple occasions throughout multiple parts of the tables actually had to turn down a waitress because mine and the rest of my party's drinks were still yet to be consumed.

As far as the tables go - getting a seat at any one of them was not a problem on a friday night; we played roulette, craps, and blackjack. Additionally, their minimum bets were the lowest in all of Biloxi (plenty of $5 tables, compared to the $10-$20 tables at most other casinos in Biloxi). The folks working the tables were friendly, but I'm not sure they were the best - once or twice our party experienced a miscount of our chips and at some tables, I felt like we were a little unwelcome from the staff as we weren't part of their "regulars" or something.

All in all though, a good experience gambling.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Danma11
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Thank you for visiting the Palace Casino Resort on your trip to Biloxi. We appreciate your business and your kind comments regarding our property. I have addressed the table games issues you mentioned with that department director. We take pride in offering a clean, friendly environment for all our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Our room was very spacious with a view of the water. No desk so I turned a settee around and put my computer on a wide window sill to work. Hotels don't heat their pools in the winter, so anyone wanting to swim in an outdoor pool might as well forget that idea. The buffet looked terrific, but the food wasn't as good as it looked (except the desserts were great). It is a CASINO resort, so it isn't a fancy place because of winners!!!!

Room Tip: A high room overlooking the water is definitely what to ask for!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I am a Beau Rivage transplant. I have always stayed at the BR however they decided to price gouge on their rooms this past weekend due to the traffic going back to Alabama after the Championship Game in New Orleans. The Palace didn't change their rates so we took a shot. My wife and I enjoyed this hotel so much more then we could have ever imagined! It is clean from top to bottom. We were happy to see it was smoke free as my wife will usually leave and go hide in the room, however she stuck around and played slots and pai gow with me. The casino is just the right size that you can get lost but not feel overwhelmed with missing any part of the building.

The staff was wonderful!!!! They are all very nice and even offered to extend our check out time for us to avoid the storm on the way home to Texas.

If you are a sport bar lover then you have to see this sports bar!!! They did not hold back on creating this restaurant! You will not miss any part of the game as they have such a unique layout with the tv's and have a huge projector HD tv in the middle of the room which is very clear and made watching the National Championship that much more enjoyable. They do not price gauge you on drinks while sitting there and the chairs and layout are so comfortable that you want to actually just relax and not even worry about anything else. I was glad we drove through on the same night the game was on so I could experience this. I grew up watching big games in sports bars in Houston and this place was an A++++!

The buffet was PHENOMENAL!!! You can eat every craving that you have had over the past year. They have something for everyone and they allow you to even create your own dish at the grill. The food was really good as well which you don't usually get at a casino buffet. I tried to prepare my wife that it would not be the Beau Rivage but when we got done I told her she didn't miss a thing. My wife is a marathoner (on our way back from Disney Marathon in Orlando) and usually has no interest in overeating, but she did me proud and enjoyed her $20 worth of food.

Lastly, the room was spotless!!! We checked for bedbugs in the mattress, pillows, and underneath the mattress and nothing. Next the sheets were soft and stain free!!! Third the view from the 10th floor was awesome and mesmerizing! We were facing the Gulf and the lit up bridge that links to the mainland. The room was big and spacious and the bathroom was clean all the way around (curtain, toilet, tub). No hairs laying in the tub or sink, no dirty towels or washcloths. The one negative I had was the pillows were not king size like the bed and the tv is not a flat screen, but I wasn't there to watch tv especially after knowing they got an awesome sports bar that I can go to. The bed is very comfortable and not too soft or hard.

If you are going to Biloxi do not hesitate to give the Palace a try. If you really don't like smoky casinos then this is they only place you can go and enjoy that luxury! The owners are way ahead of their time on this and they are taking a risk that should payoff nicely. IF YOU READ THIS FAR DOWN ON MY REVIEW THEN DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BOOK IT!!!!

Room Tip: pay the extra $20 for the 10th floor suite and the experience.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TXAG2000
keithcrosby, General Manager at Palace Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Thank you for those kind comments. We also offer a wonderful golf course "The Preserve" located 15 minutes by limo from the property. Thank you for visting the Palace and we hope we can serve you again in the future.