“Wonderful!”

and 1 more site!
Edgewater Inn
Ranked #24 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at Edgewater Inn! We were just passing through, traveling the coastline to New Orleans and wanted to stay in a hotel along the ocean. We were a little unsure about staying at place that wasn't a franchise. But so glad we stopped! The office staff were wonderful! They made us feel very comfortable and were so helpful too. We could see the ocean from our downstairs window so were thrilled. And we could cross the street to get to the beach. A Waffle House next door for breakfast, what more could you ask! LOL The room was not fancy, the towels not plush but it was very comfortable. We would definitely stay again if we're in the area again!

Room Tip: End units face the water with a nice view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We was not sure about this place, but because of the reviews we went ahead and tried it. We were told book now last one with a room with a jacuzzi so we decided to get it paid extra for it !!!! We got there at 4:30 get to the room it is filthy has not been cleaned... So they give us another room up 3 flights of stairs!!! And after being told this was the last room no one was in any of the rooms around us!!! So someone didn't tell the truth!!! No jacuzzi in it, when I ask about this the girl told me she would call me back after she spoke to the manager???? I'm still waiting on that call!! When we checked out I ask about it again I did pay for a jacuzzi room. The carpet was dirty, If you want coffee I would bring my own creamer they were as hard as a rock! We will not stay here again, we feel they were not honest when they said this was the last room, they should have refunded some of my money because I did to get what I paid for!!!

Room Tip: You can find a better place then this!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Philly057
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Biloxi accommodations can be expensive, and this hotel is one of the more affordable choices. I prefer non-chain inns and hotels.

Pluses: location, and a Waffle House shares its parking lot.

Minuses: no free breakfast, wi-fi not strong enough to reach to the guest rooms, and the heat was not working in February. I had to climb up onto the bathroom counter to switch the hvac unit from a/c to heat.

Next time I will seek out other accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I award Edgewater Inn my most reserved and rarely given "Excellent" rating not for amenities, not for eye catching buildings, not for towels and linens. No, I anoint Edgewater Inn with the Excellent because this place exceeded my expectations and fears with lodgings and service staff above and beyond comparable franchised lodging in the same price range and location. There was no reason for me to hesitate going between a budget priced franchised motel and Edgewater. I had spent the previous weekend in a Big Chain lower budget motel for the same rates and was disappointed with the room, the service, and the towel. The room at Edgewater was carrying what looked like a fresh coat of paint, which would be rare to do during the summer season. The floor tiles were not imported from the slopes of Mt Vesuvius but was tight, not broken and clean. Personally, I liked the shower having the hose bath spray shower. Pam, the assistant manager gave me a discount as I was booking two rooms. Chad, the night shift desk clerk, was local, knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt on request.
Do not fear booking Edgewater Inn because it is not a Big Chain Franchise. Next time in Biloxi, I will stay at the Edgewater Inn even if I can afford the Marriott down the street.

Bryant Betsill
Nicht durch Zorn, sondern durch Lachen tötet man.
Not by wrath does one kill, but by laughter.
Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Room Tip: Avoid the casino. You will lose lots of money in there. The Treasure Island casino breakfast buffet...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank spartancaver
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at Edgewater Inn in Biloxi. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. They made us feel welcomed and also our a little dog. Being pet-friendly is a big plus for families like ours that travel with beloved pets who are considered part of the family too. More hotels/motels need to realize this. Our room was very clean. They gave us great suggestions for dining out & local events. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My primary goal when traveling for pleasure is to find hotels that will allow me to have my dog. I was traveling to Biloxi and found that it was very difficult to find a decent hotel that allowed pets. Although the Hard Rock does allow pets, the cost of the room per night was more than double the cost here. The room was clean and the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are more easily accessible as elevators are not available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DakotasMom2002
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked this for a quick family trip and we had our dog with us, so were grateful to find a dog friendly place to stay. The room was nice sized and was clean. The pool was nice and we enjoyed it several times during our stay. The beach is just across the street. Staff was friendly and accommodating. This is not a "fancy" hotel...but was clean and comfortable. I would have no reason to stay anywhere else if we visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family