“One good dish, one not so much”
Review of Stalla

Stalla
Ranked #12 of 242 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Stalla creates just the right recipe for an evening of classic Italian food: a reasonably priced menu of gourmet selections paired with premium Italian wines and excellent, attentive service. Stalla's traditional menu, inspired by the northern Italian countryside, is reminiscent of Old World-style restaurants in New York's Little Italy. "It's a great value," says Anthony Caratozzolo, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage. "You're going to get large portions." So prepare to indulge. Enjoy staples like spaghetti and meatballs, one of five $14 brick oven pizzas, and a variety of soups and salads; or try one of Stalla's long-time favorite entree and pasta dishes: lobster ravioli, chicken parmigiana, veal piccatta and lasagna.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Atmosphere was nice, server was nice and friendly. I had Rigatoni Bolognese, which was delicious, but my husband had some kind of cannelloni and his pasta was VERY overcooked. Salads were good and we had a nice bottle of wine. The bread basket with a trio of dipping sauces was very nice as well. Reasonably priced and a nice experience overall... but this is coming from the one without the mushy pasta!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We aren't really casino people but after seeing the reviews at this place we gave it a try. I'm telling you, it really does have a great atmosphere. The service here is just like you would get at a 5-star resturant. It's casual and I was fine in a polo and jeans but you could easilly dress up and make it a formal night.

A nice touch was when they addressed me by name when welcoming me to the table. Of course I made a reservation and they knew I was coming, but it still was a nice touch. Bread and a mix of olive oil, hummus, red pepper, and another dip are served at the table and the bread really was good enough to ask for seconds.

The star here is the $25 wine list. To be able to get a bottle for $25 at a casino like this is a steal. We loved the Sonoma Zinfindel we selected.

My wife ordered the lobster ravioli but was very upset. The seafood was over cooked and chewy. If it were a $10 meal she said she would have been fine with it, but with a $26 price tag she decided it was best to send it back. The manager was very kind and offered to bring her something else. Instead she kept with my pizza and we were offered dessert for free. This is how business should be done. It's no big deal. Sometimes things get overcooked. We weren't mad at all, but we were very happy to see they made it right. That's why we will return.

We both got salads. At $12 a pop they do carry a heavy price tag, but my mixed green salad with candied pecans were worth it. She got the caprese (spelling?) and said the tomato's were actually very good!

My pizza was made with meatballs and had a VERY thin crust. For $15 it was enough for two! We would go back and get pizza and wine and be very happy next time. It was very good.

For dessert we grabbed the gelato. Got chocolate, pistachio, and cherry. Our own italian treat! All in all this place has a ton going for it and we will give it a try again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Authentic Italian - if you are looking for Olive Garden this is not the place...
Located in Beau Rivage this restaurant is very reasonably priced and a great value in a killer atmosphere. Ample portions and great quality..The pizzas are the best on the coast!!

2  Thank JANC5357
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Whenever I am in Biloxi I make a point to go to Stalla. First off, the food is really great! I might venture to say some of the best Italian food I have ever had! In a town with traditional Southern fair often you want a break and the local Italian food consists of the usual chains. Stalla is not cheap in comparison to other hotels however, food, atmosphere and service is well worth it. I always get the ravioli which is rich and buttery simply divine! Service is very attentive (you have a waiter and someone that checks bread and drinks). Lighting is always important to me. I prefer low lighting with candles and Stalla delivers!

1  Thank Melivard
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stalla offers a good selection of traditional Italian dishes featuring pastas, meats and fish. The caesar salad was perfect. My wife's buccatini with sausage, tomatoes and rapini was tasty but a bit too filling. My osso bucco. a veal shank, was well prepared and presented. No room for dessert. Prices were a bit high but that seems to be the trend at casino locations. Stalla is in the Beau Rivage Hotel and Casino.

2  Thank Walt A

Been to Stalla? Share your experiences!