“Beware of Fraud”

Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Beware of Fraud”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I booked through Priceline and was charged by Super 8 Biloxi at the time of booking, although Priceline's website claims your credit card will not be charged until time of check-in. I cancelled my reservation a week and a half before my stay because I found a better deal. (Cancellation policy clearly states that you have until 6 p.m. on the date of your stay to cancel.) When I hadn't received a refund a week later, I called Super 8 to inquire about a reimbursement. I was told that they hadn't charged me; Priceline had. The charge on my bank statement showed Super 8 Biloxi had debited $139.98 from my bank account on the date I scheduled my reservation. I spoke with Priceline who asked me to fax them my bank statement and assured me they would take care of the matter.
After faxing my statement to and not hearing anything from Priceline for a few days, I contacted the hotel again to inquire about my refund. The guy I spoke with, Brad, who claimed to be a manager when I asked for one, refused to acknowledge that my credit card had been charged by his hotel. When I faxed him my bank statement he explained that he would be able to give me my refund after he contacted my bank. This was on a Friday, and I was told I would receive my refund no later than the following afternoon.
Monday morning came and I still hadn't been reimbursed. I called Brad to see what was going on and he informed me that I would need to dispute the charge with my bank. He would not be able to give me my refund. (I was getting a completely different message than what I'd been assured of just a few days before.) I told Brad there is nothing to dispute with my bank...my bank has nothing to do with who charges me for what; someone at YOUR HOTEL took the money out of my account and you are responsible for putting it back. I understand that people make mistakes and for some reason the charge may not have shown up on his end. He, however, saw my bank statement and did nothing to remedy the situation. He gave me the run-around and if I hadn't pursued the matter further I never would have gotten my refund.
I did end up getting my money back. After contacting Super 8 Headquarters a few times and finally getting a supervisor on the line, I received a check in the mail two weeks later for a full refund. (I was also considering small claims court if that didn't work.) The point is that I shouldn't have had to do any of this. It was a headache that lasted for about three weeks. Feeling like someone is trying to take advantage of you is no fun, either. I should have been reimbursed, at the latest, the very first time I contacted Super 8 Biloxi. Priceline was of no help either and I will no longer be dealing with either of them. Be careful about giving them your credit card information.

1 Thank cd6482
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you for your comments. This wouldn't qualify as fraud as the refund was issued in full after review of the file. Priceline is responsible for charging your card, then in turn issues a one-time use card (different from yours) to the hotel from its bank account to charge the reservation. In this case, it is possible that Priceline sent your card info by mistake. Since you booked by Priceline, the hotel would not know about this mix up and simply charges the card sent by Priceline. I personally looked into this with the GM and was able to track down the transaction with our processor, then talked directly to Super 8 regarding the matter. If a refund is due, we will issue it, as in this case. The hotel has to follow a procedure to verify the facts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We travel with our son's sports team and we have stayed in large, small, old and new hotels around the southeast. This place gives new meaning to the word "dive"! The rooms were filthy. Floors have not seen a vacuum in a very long time. The smell seemed to be a combination of mold, mildew and cat urine. Not sure if the linens were clean and were afraid to ask.

If you are quoted a rate, it is too much to pay for this place!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank altinker
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent review on our property. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvience you experienced with housekeeping in your room. We continuously train our staff to ensure a clean room and are currently undergoing renovations to upgrade our product for our guests. I sincerely hope you will give us another try if you are in the area. Thank you again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

orlando, fl
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This was a great place to stay! Is is in a great location too...right on the water and just down the streat from casinos. There are also gas stations and restaurants nearby. The room was clean and comfortable. The clerk at the front desk, Clifford, was extremely nice and made us feel welcome and safe. If Clifford is there, you will be taken care of!! I have never stayed at a hotel (and I've stayed in MANY) where the clerk was so friendly and made me feel so welcome. He made sure we were happy and that makes a big difference! Will stay here again if only because of his great customer service!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank amyersd
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Very middle-of-the-road. The front desk staff were nice, although a little busy when we checked in. All rooms are exterior. The facility is bigger than it appeared, as there are buildings in the back. Parking is a little scarce in the back. The rooms are a bit outdated. There were some minor inconveniences (no remote for the television, sink stopper broken, shower spewed water out the side), but nothing major. There was no high speed internet. With the exterior corridors, noise was an issue through the night. Breakfast was included and pretty good. Location was great, across from the beach and walking distance to a casino. Price was under other close hotels. So, overall it would rate about average.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent review. We really appreciate it. The property is currently going under renovation to update the furniture and mattresses so we can ensure our guests are happy with the product. We also had the entire hotel set up with high speed wireless Internet service about 2 months ago. Our team is dedicated to doing its best so you can have a good night's stay! Thank you again for your comments on behalf of Super 8 Hotel Biloxi Beach!
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2011

The bathroom had dried blood on the floor like it was a crime seen. The Carpet was outdated, the remote was filthy, the T.V. was small the shower head was shorter then me and im 5'7 and the bed was soft as cotton, but felt like I was sleeping on rocks. I will never return to this hotel and pay 86.00 sleeping in my car was much better.

bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 Hotel Biloxi on this site. First off, we sincerely apologize for your inconvient stay and will take your comments seriously as we train our staff to provide better service for our guests. Also, I didn't understand the bed being soft as cotton and hard as rocks, but I gather it was uncomfortable, which is the bottom line. We are in the process of upgrading our bedding and have already completed our single King beds. I invite you to come back again and give us another try! Our General Manager and his team are very dedicated and will do their best to ensure your satisfaction!
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Location is perfect. Across from the beautiful beaches & close to casino's. Clean rooms with friendly, helpful staff. Well worth the very reasonable rates. We will return again next year. Great place to relax and get away.

bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your glowing review of our property! We really appreciate it! We are undergoing some renovations to improve our rooms with new mattresses and furniture so we can provide better value for our guests. Our team is highly dedicated and ready to make you smile! We hope to see you again!
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I decided to stay at the Super 8 motel while visiting my husband at Keelser Air Force Base. I would have to say that it was not what I expected my the pictures that they had posted. I will have to say the customer service was wonderful, but the bed was rock hard, the light in the hallway did not work, and you could tell that it had been affected by the hurricane. I stay there for 10 days and not only was the pool closed, but they decided to paint and I could not even bear to stay in my room because I had such a bad headache. They did serve breakfast, but it was not hot food just muffins and bagels. I had really wished I would have spent a couple extra dollars and stayed at a nicer place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Despite these grievances, I am glad you decided to stay your full 10 days with us instead of checking out and going elsewhere. Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenient stay at our property. We do a lot of our renovations after the tourism season ends since there is less occupancy, right around the time of your stay from this dated review. The pool is opened or closed based on weather and if being serviced, can be closed for days due to harsh chemicals, pH imbalance, and safety. Our breakfast guidelines are usually dictated by Super 8, and we actually offer premium fresh hot waffles although it is not required. If they were not available, I apologize. Thank you again.