“Horrible”

Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Columbus, Georgia
“Horrible”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

The bathroom had dried blood on the floor like it was a crime seen. The Carpet was outdated, the remote was filthy, the T.V. was small the shower head was shorter then me and im 5'7 and the bed was soft as cotton, but felt like I was sleeping on rocks. I will never return to this hotel and pay 86.00 sleeping in my car was much better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 Hotel Biloxi on this site. First off, we sincerely apologize for your inconvient stay and will take your comments seriously as we train our staff to provide better service for our guests. Also, I didn't understand the bed being soft as cotton and hard as rocks, but I gather it was uncomfortable, which is the bottom line. We are in the process of upgrading our bedding and have already completed our single King beds. I invite you to come back again and give us another try! Our General Manager and his team are very dedicated and will do their best to ensure your satisfaction!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Location is perfect. Across from the beautiful beaches & close to casino's. Clean rooms with friendly, helpful staff. Well worth the very reasonable rates. We will return again next year. Great place to relax and get away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you very much for your glowing review of our property! We really appreciate it! We are undergoing some renovations to improve our rooms with new mattresses and furniture so we can provide better value for our guests. Our team is highly dedicated and ready to make you smile! We hope to see you again!
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I decided to stay at the Super 8 motel while visiting my husband at Keelser Air Force Base. I would have to say that it was not what I expected my the pictures that they had posted. I will have to say the customer service was wonderful, but the bed was rock hard, the light in the hallway did not work, and you could tell that it had been affected by the hurricane. I stay there for 10 days and not only was the pool closed, but they decided to paint and I could not even bear to stay in my room because I had such a bad headache. They did serve breakfast, but it was not hot food just muffins and bagels. I had really wished I would have spent a couple extra dollars and stayed at a nicer place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Despite these grievances, I am glad you decided to stay your full 10 days with us instead of checking out and going elsewhere. Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenient stay at our property. We do a lot of our renovations after the tourism season ends since there is less occupancy, right around the time of your stay from this dated review. The pool is opened or closed based on weather and if being serviced, can be closed for days due to harsh chemicals, pH imbalance, and safety. Our breakfast guidelines are usually dictated by Super 8, and we actually offer premium fresh hot waffles although it is not required. If they were not available, I apologize. Thank you again.
minong
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Horrible hotel. Some of staff at desk very condescending when we brought in a coupon book and wanted the cheaper rate. The room smelled like sour cat pee. Large area under bed of white powder. Old dried blood and a few more "brown spots" on counter edges. Popcorn ceiling paint peeling from the ceiling. Crusted dust/dirt on window sill and frame. We were going to spend 2 nights in the Biloxi area and left after being there for 20 hours. Also, the beach area littered with garbage/broken glass. Biloxi is not doing itself any favors by encouraging tourism and the spending of tourist dollars by having a clean friendly city. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 26, 2011
I apologize on behalf of our property for your inconvenient stay. While we cannot appease you on the City of Biloxi's beach condition as it is outside of our control, we will focus on improving our housekeeping based on your comments. The coupon rooms for that weekend were already at the quota and it does state that it is based on limited availability. I do apologize that the staff was not more diplomatic in explaining this. As a tip in future travels to other hotels, it is a good idea to call ahead to see if the rate is still open. Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 Hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Where to begin? Mold in shower, giant roach in bathroom, burn marks on bedspread, weird cat urine smell in our room, mattress thin, giant dirt piles outside of our room with grass growing on top...hotel was dirty, towels thin and about threadbare....not worth what we paid!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Our family wrapped up our 10-day Orlando trip by driving home thru Biloxi MS late one night, July 13th... and I made the mistake of booking this dump 3 weeks early. I had online rates at the casinos all priced cheaper than Super8, and of which the casinos all had alluring amenities... But I felt that keeping 4 smaller kids in a casino hotel was not our best choice. Plus this Super 8 suggests in their advertisements, that your room comes with a complimentary breakfast for the tennats.... I prebooked this Super8 with their best price and it was still WAY overpriced. Their Photos are deceptive and misleading. You'll be taken back to a nights stay in 25 year old furniture, old carpet, 25 year old bathroom area. Their worn out Beds are over 20 years old.. All rooms with 2 beds are ONLY double beds, Though they have photos and choices for two Queens... LET me be clear They do not have rooms with 2 Queens. The beds were bottom of the line to start with 20 years ago. The entry doors will have a 3/4 inch gap of a sunlight coming in. The ceiling had significant flaking and chipped paint hanging down to look at. The room was not freshly painted. Every single entry door on our wing had unprofessional miscolored touch up strokes and splotches, showing that the management has absolutely no idea how to maintenance a facility. They did not choose to repaint the entire door to give the place a look with pride. The poorly painted door is a testimoney of how the management thinks. They opperate only to get by with doing a half witted attempt to save themselves maintenance money.. The entire lodging complex was run down, poorly painted, the fiixes were rigged by some unprofessional, untrained carpenter or maintenance person. But I assure the management is satisfied with it.... To survive much longer, this place will a new owner with some deep pockets.. The pool fence mostly missing and was laying over. Most of it was temporarily replaced with a temp chain link fence... You will be embarrassed to bring someone to this place, unless your home is already a rundown highrise in Harlem... The breakfast is tricky. They try to first tell you, that you must purchase a breakfast ticket and bring a coupon ticket... The room I booked online throught the corporate Super8 website... said it came with free breakfast for all who were listed in my room. She backed down and fed us... Then the breakfast hostess tried to hard sell every breakfast patron some of her casino and local attractions offers she was making a comission off of... Food was acceptable. I ate a waffle. Coffee is not a good choice and is served in styrofoam. Total Disappointment. I deserve a commision for warning ya'll about this place. By the way. The beach had 3 couple along side our family for the entire beach. The sand is pretty. Their is absolutely no surf. Dont waste your time on this town on these beaches or on this lodging. This town is a ghost town and is hurting for business. Stay away from the mom and pop motels. From what I could see every place in biloxi is aged and a disappointment... You should book and Stay in the casino lodging. The rooms will be up to date.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
benton
Reviewed July 29, 2010

When I entered my room upon arrival, there was no toilet tissue and the blankets on the bed had burn holes in them. There was a dead roach under the bed and the towels were horrible and dingy. Hair in the shower. They forgot to vacuum and there were clipped toenails in the carpet. The laundry room was inexcusable. There were roaches and it hadn't been swept, ever! Filth!!! The washing machine ruined our clothes. Broken beer bottles in the parking lot (probably from the drunk lady that was sitting outside her room drinking at 9:30 that morning). To top it all off, I didn't feel safe there. The outside of the hotel hadn't been cleaned up at all. Sand everywhere that a good blower would fix. AND NO WIRELESS INTERNET!!! They advertise it on the website but when we all arrived, laptops in hand, the only place you could get a signal was the lobby. Spend the extra $20 - 30 and stay somewhere else. I know Katrina hit Biloxi hard but no excuse for lack of cleanliness. Visit Biloxi, just stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010