WINNER WONDERLAND

“Uncomfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Biloxi

Super 8 Biloxi
Ranked #36 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Baton Rouge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Me and my family travel here annually and have been doing so for the last 15 years or more. We have stayed at this hotel every year except the first year. We block book at least 25 or more rooms. I was told that I could get an early check in if the rooms were available I went to the front desk and was told as soon as the room becomes available I could check in I went and sat under the tree with my family who had checked in the night before. We watched staff clean four rooms in the area where we were block booked. I went to the desk to inquire about my room and was very disrespected in front of other guests and my family. I have never felt so belittled from a vendor I was providing money to use their services. I spoke to the manager who stated he would get a room as soon as possible. I went back after 4 pm and still encountered problems checking in the room that the manager had prepared for me and assigned to me was given to someone else. I was assigned room 191 which was on the other side of the building from my family and I felt left out and became quite upset so I spent my annual family vacation in the room. This was by far the worst experience I have ever ever had. I have recommended the hotel to family and coworkers to use when the frequent the area but that will no longer happen. I know I am merely one person and my opinion doesn't matter when you look at the big picture but it matters to me and my family who wanted to get a refund and relocate immediately after the incident

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience, and yes your opinion does matter. We do not allow check in before 3pm unless the room was unoccupied from the night before, but we had full occupancy prior evening. It does take time to clean 200+ rooms, especially with guests checking out after 11am. Our weekend housekeeping staff is 4x as large and moves as quickly as possible. Regarding your block, we apologize if your rooms were not all in the same area of the property, but this is not always guaranteed depending on room types available. Further, for a block of 25 rooms, which is a large amount, we have group booking policies so our hotel is not left with a large amount of vacant rooms at the last minute. We are obligated to you to hold these rooms that could otherwise be sold to another guest, especially on heavier occupancy evenings. There is a cancellation policy of 1 week for groups which allows you to cancel the room and give us enough time to re-book.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Dana was the most help and friendly clerk than i have ran across in forever she really cares for the customer she needs to be reconised for such a great job.I will stay here again when I come back to Biloxi.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your stay and compliments on Dana! We look forward to having you return!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

All was a good value for the money EXCEPT the filthy pool We were hoping to swim a lot but you couldn't even see the bottom of the pool. My little girl begged to get in so I let her swim for 30 minutes and when she got out, her white new swimsuit was yellow and dingy. So we paid $30 each to get into the water park so the kids could swim in a clean pool. And please, Super 8, don't respond to this by saying you will notify the company that takes care of your pool because I see others have complained of this in weeks prior to our trip and you obviously did NOTHING to clean that nasty pool. Housekeepers and desk staff were nice and room was decent for the price. And beds were actually quite comfy to us. So if pool had been clean, I would have had nothing bad to say. But the pool was a very important thing to us for our vacation.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jillypip123
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay as a result of the pool. We have actually resolved the concern as it was two fold. We assessed that the sand in the filter needed changing, which was the main reason and has been repaired. The other is overuse, however, this can be managed easily once the sand was replaced.
We apologize for the inopportune timing of your visit with this maintenance concern of the pool, however, it has been resolved. We care about our operation and will do our timely best to correct concerns once we learn of any deficiencies.
Lafayette, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was terrible, the bed was terrible. When we laid down on the bed we immediately were rolled right to the middle of the bed. It was like there was no support for the mattress. We also started itching very badly after an hour. The bed skirt looked like it had never been washed, and there was a strange odor in the room. The bathroom door wouldn't close. There were only 3 little pillows for a king size bed. This is the worst experience we have ever had at a Super 8 motel. Planned on staying to visit the beach the next morning, but left in the middle of the night to travel back to Lafayette, LA. Will never stay there again and won't recommend it to any of our family or friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cajungirl47
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We apologize you did not enjoy your stay. We will immediately review your comments on the room. The mattresses we installed 6 months ago are high quality Serta brand. We apologize you did not enjoy them. Regarding the itching, we do use bleach in our laundry systems, and this may have caused a reaction. We do not use king size pillows, and offer 4 pillows in our king rooms, we apologize your room did not have the sufficient count. Regarding the bed skirts, industry standard is to clean them periodically, unless there is a major deficiency requiring laundering. Our bedcoverings are cleaned daily.

Again, we apologize for your inconvenience.

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We only booked a room here because it was the only place we could find that had any rooms for less than $350.

I had very low expectations and even went in being very critical of the room. I have to honestly admit that the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and I felt secure there. It was not a quiet place due to the train nearby and the guest on motorcycles but I cannot blame the hotel for that.

There were only three things that I found to be disappointing and had I only found two of the three I would have given this hotel a four out of five rating. The first thing that actually made me angry was something I have never seen in any hotel I have ever been a guest of and that was the lady who worked the free Continental Breakfast had actually set out a tip jar. Don't get me wrong, I tip well in places where tips are appropriate but this is not one of those places. Tips are earned by someone who provides an exceptional service. The breakfast worker did keep the breakfast items stocked but one of my arms received a pretty good coat of syrup from the table so the basics of stock food and clean the tables weren't met yet a tip jar was out with the guilt trip sign on it to make you feel like a jerk for not dropping something in there. By the way, the only food that was not pre-packaged and cold was the waffles that are self serve. No other hot items such as eggs and bacon were available and that was fine with me seeing that I rekindled my forgotten fondness of waffles after having them there. Point being that the only job was literally to stock cold breakfast items and clean tables then remove breakfast items when it was time for her to go home and not based on the 30+ guest still scrambling to get some breakfast. I actually have no pity for those who came in late and missed breakfast but I think that sometimes customer service to your guests should come first.

The second thing which I think is very minor was that I found a few sugar ants in the room. I may have a high tolerance when it comes to Mother Nature invades my hotel room but I prefer that the hotel can keep her on the outside of my room. I did not actively go around searching for ants but I did find four in the two nights I stayed and they were not the kind that bite so no real worries. I would probably stand behind you and mock you if you were standing at the front desk trying to get your money back or a reduced rate because of the ants. I notice things but I am not going to try to get things for free like so many people do these days.

The third thing came as a surprise when I was checking the room before checking out. I always check every drawer, shelf, closet, behind every door and under any beds or seating for anything that belongs to me even if I never used the area or put anything in any of those areas. I just like to make sure I leave nothing behind. When I checked under the beds for shoes, socks, phone chargers, etc. I found empty chip bags and drink containers. I am sure that some kids were snacking in the room and that stuff got shoved under the bed by "I don't know" but I would think that had that trash not been under the bed the ants may not have been in the room.

With that being said I can honestly say that I would stay there again and I would recommend this hotel with the disclaimer of what I didn't like. I would hope that the hotel management and staff would take these reviews and correct the issues I found and continue to improve the property for their happy and potentially returning guest. The desk staff were especially nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your candid review. We truly apologize for the ants and will talk to our pest control company immediately on this. Regarding our breakfast, we serve the SuperStart breakfast per Wyndham's requirements and are not permitted to serve more or less. Mgmt will be notified on the employee who was not providing proper service at breakfast, as we want our focus to be #1 towards our guests' enjoyment. We will also review the tip jar matter. Your comment on housekeeping was disheartening to hear and will be discussed with the HK dept. It is inexcusable and we appreciate you letting us know.
Thanks again for your review, and we hope you will give us another try next time in town.