“Never had I stayed at one your hotel s and wasn't...” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Biloxi

Lafayette, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was terrible, the bed was terrible. When we laid down on the bed we immediately were rolled right to the middle of the bed. It was like there was no support for the mattress. We also started itching very badly after an hour. The bed skirt looked like it had never been washed, and there was a strange odor in the room. The bathroom door wouldn't close. There were only 3 little pillows for a king size bed. This is the worst experience we have ever had at a Super 8 motel. Planned on staying to visit the beach the next morning, but left in the middle of the night to travel back to Lafayette, LA. Will never stay there again and won't recommend it to any of our family or friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank cajungirl47
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We only booked a room here because it was the only place we could find that had any rooms for less than $350.

I had very low expectations and even went in being very critical of the room. I have to honestly admit that the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and I felt secure there. It was not a quiet place due to the train nearby and the guest on motorcycles but I cannot blame the hotel for that.

There were only three things that I found to be disappointing and had I only found two of the three I would have given this hotel a four out of five rating. The first thing that actually made me angry was something I have never seen in any hotel I have ever been a guest of and that was the lady who worked the free Continental Breakfast had actually set out a tip jar. Don't get me wrong, I tip well in places where tips are appropriate but this is not one of those places. Tips are earned by someone who provides an exceptional service. The breakfast worker did keep the breakfast items stocked but one of my arms received a pretty good coat of syrup from the table so the basics of stock food and clean the tables weren't met yet a tip jar was out with the guilt trip sign on it to make you feel like a jerk for not dropping something in there. By the way, the only food that was not pre-packaged and cold was the waffles that are self serve. No other hot items such as eggs and bacon were available and that was fine with me seeing that I rekindled my forgotten fondness of waffles after having them there. Point being that the only job was literally to stock cold breakfast items and clean tables then remove breakfast items when it was time for her to go home and not based on the 30+ guest still scrambling to get some breakfast. I actually have no pity for those who came in late and missed breakfast but I think that sometimes customer service to your guests should come first.

The second thing which I think is very minor was that I found a few sugar ants in the room. I may have a high tolerance when it comes to Mother Nature invades my hotel room but I prefer that the hotel can keep her on the outside of my room. I did not actively go around searching for ants but I did find four in the two nights I stayed and they were not the kind that bite so no real worries. I would probably stand behind you and mock you if you were standing at the front desk trying to get your money back or a reduced rate because of the ants. I notice things but I am not going to try to get things for free like so many people do these days.

The third thing came as a surprise when I was checking the room before checking out. I always check every drawer, shelf, closet, behind every door and under any beds or seating for anything that belongs to me even if I never used the area or put anything in any of those areas. I just like to make sure I leave nothing behind. When I checked under the beds for shoes, socks, phone chargers, etc. I found empty chip bags and drink containers. I am sure that some kids were snacking in the room and that stuff got shoved under the bed by "I don't know" but I would think that had that trash not been under the bed the ants may not have been in the room.

With that being said I can honestly say that I would stay there again and I would recommend this hotel with the disclaimer of what I didn't like. I would hope that the hotel management and staff would take these reviews and correct the issues I found and continue to improve the property for their happy and potentially returning guest. The desk staff were especially nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your candid review. We truly apologize for the ants and will talk to our pest control company immediately on this. Regarding our breakfast, we serve the SuperStart breakfast per Wyndham's requirements and are not permitted to serve more or less. Mgmt will be notified on the employee who was not providing proper service at breakfast, as we want our focus to be #1 towards our guests' enjoyment. We will also review the tip jar matter. Your comment on housekeeping was disheartening to hear and will be discussed with the HK dept. It is inexcusable and we appreciate you letting us know.
Thanks again for your review, and we hope you will give us another try next time in town.
Attica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a coupon at the check in, clerk forgot to put it on the bill so charged our credit card the amount of usual. It was a difficult process to get them to take it off the bill for our credit card and we had to start all over again with our check in after the original was cancelled after much debate. The remainder of the time we were there the staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. Our non smoking room was very smoke smelling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience regarding your billing. We are glad it was resolved. Our coupons are subject to availability which is written on the coupon as well. Thank you for your patience with this matter and for the review.