“Great location and Friendly Staff”
Review of Super 8 Biloxi

Super 8 Biloxi
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Gonzales, Louisiana
“Great location and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

On our weekend trip to Biloxi we stayed at the Super 8. This motel was right across the street from the beach, close to shopping and some great places to eat. The rooms were nice and the staff was even nicer. Although we had some trouble getting into the original room that we were assigned, the manager corrected it and gave us a new room. Even though the room were older, they were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
On behalf of everyone at Super 8, thank you for your recent review! We appreciate the positive words on your experience and hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My friends and I booked a last minute trip to Biloxi for Memorial Day and stayed at the Super 8. The previous reviews mentioning new management were right! It was clear from the moment we walked in that the managers were attentive and striving to make customers happy. Both managers were visible behind the desk as they helped to handle the large volume of weekend travelers during check-in time.

The room was much nicer than I expected. It was quite large with a new TV, ample closet space, and several amenities (iron and board, soap, lots of towels, etc). The sheets were clean and the beds were comfortable. The actual hotel is quite large. It has a great pool area complete with a large pool, baby pool, hot tub, and deck chairs. The location is fantastic as well: it's right across the street from beach access and a $10 cab ride to the casino area.

I certainly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a moderately priced place to stay on the beach strip.

Room Tip: Request a room that has interior access.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Many thanks from all of us at Super 8 for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with the property. We look forward to accommodating you again!
newnan
Reviewed June 8, 2011

i stayed at this motel with my husband and mother in law. i was worried about it on the way down cause of all the bad things that was said on its review. but we give it a chance and glad we did. we was very surpirsed. it was clean no bugs or this that or the other. it is a gulf coast motel.the people was nice and if we needed anything they seen to it right away. the towles was very clean.the room was clean. we have stayed at the casinos just about everytime we went to biloxi.but this time we did not. so the only thing i can think is all u people writing bad stuff about this hotel is that you must have caused trouble there and you got mad at them.But i would like to say THANK YOU TO SUPER 8 MOTEL FOR A GOOD VACATION AND WILL SEE YOU SOON.
PATSY,JOY,FREDDY OF GA

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for the gracious review! We appreciate it very much when our guests are happy, and glad to have made your vacation enjoyable. We are continuing our improvements and upgrades for total guest satisfaction. Our team cannot wait to host you again in the future! Thank you for taking time to post a review!
praiieville LA
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Arrived at room, stained bed cover, stained sheets, television not working at all, 4 light bulbs burned out, carpet stained, if you walked bare footed, the soles of your feet began to turn black. I didn't leave the bathroom to chance. I went to the nearest grocery store, purchased bathroom cleaning products and scrubbed away, needless to say the bathroom was now clean. The pool wasn't bad. Continental breakfast was adequate. I would have left but it was the only place available on short notice. We asked for another room but there were none, Memorial Day weekend. By the way they fixed the light bulbs, T.V., and changed the sheets, and bed cover. They were nice people though happy to try fix our problems. I didn't sleepwell, Worried about creepy crawlies, didn't see any,just worried.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback on Super 8. At the end of your review, it looks like all of your concerns were taken care of and the staff was able to resolve the items you commented on. I do apologize that the room was not in the right condition when you entered, as this is the most important/first impression, and I am glad you decided to give the team a chance to correct it. While you didn't have any pest control problems, you did believe it to be a possibility, which led to restless sleep. I do apologize again. Your review will be helpful to working on the image of our hotel for our guests. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I booked through Priceline and was charged by Super 8 Biloxi at the time of booking, although Priceline's website claims your credit card will not be charged until time of check-in. I cancelled my reservation a week and a half before my stay because I found a better deal. (Cancellation policy clearly states that you have until 6 p.m. on the date of your stay to cancel.) When I hadn't received a refund a week later, I called Super 8 to inquire about a reimbursement. I was told that they hadn't charged me; Priceline had. The charge on my bank statement showed Super 8 Biloxi had debited $139.98 from my bank account on the date I scheduled my reservation. I spoke with Priceline who asked me to fax them my bank statement and assured me they would take care of the matter.
After faxing my statement to and not hearing anything from Priceline for a few days, I contacted the hotel again to inquire about my refund. The guy I spoke with, Brad, who claimed to be a manager when I asked for one, refused to acknowledge that my credit card had been charged by his hotel. When I faxed him my bank statement he explained that he would be able to give me my refund after he contacted my bank. This was on a Friday, and I was told I would receive my refund no later than the following afternoon.
Monday morning came and I still hadn't been reimbursed. I called Brad to see what was going on and he informed me that I would need to dispute the charge with my bank. He would not be able to give me my refund. (I was getting a completely different message than what I'd been assured of just a few days before.) I told Brad there is nothing to dispute with my bank...my bank has nothing to do with who charges me for what; someone at YOUR HOTEL took the money out of my account and you are responsible for putting it back. I understand that people make mistakes and for some reason the charge may not have shown up on his end. He, however, saw my bank statement and did nothing to remedy the situation. He gave me the run-around and if I hadn't pursued the matter further I never would have gotten my refund.
I did end up getting my money back. After contacting Super 8 Headquarters a few times and finally getting a supervisor on the line, I received a check in the mail two weeks later for a full refund. (I was also considering small claims court if that didn't work.) The point is that I shouldn't have had to do any of this. It was a headache that lasted for about three weeks. Feeling like someone is trying to take advantage of you is no fun, either. I should have been reimbursed, at the latest, the very first time I contacted Super 8 Biloxi. Priceline was of no help either and I will no longer be dealing with either of them. Be careful about giving them your credit card information.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cd6482
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you for your comments. This wouldn't qualify as fraud as the refund was issued in full after review of the file. Priceline is responsible for charging your card, then in turn issues a one-time use card (different from yours) to the hotel from its bank account to charge the reservation. In this case, it is possible that Priceline sent your card info by mistake. Since you booked by Priceline, the hotel would not know about this mix up and simply charges the card sent by Priceline. I personally looked into this with the GM and was able to track down the transaction with our processor, then talked directly to Super 8 regarding the matter. If a refund is due, we will issue it, as in this case. The hotel has to follow a procedure to verify the facts.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We travel with our son's sports team and we have stayed in large, small, old and new hotels around the southeast. This place gives new meaning to the word "dive"! The rooms were filthy. Floors have not seen a vacuum in a very long time. The smell seemed to be a combination of mold, mildew and cat urine. Not sure if the linens were clean and were afraid to ask.

If you are quoted a rate, it is too much to pay for this place!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank altinker
bwbiloxi, Owner at Super 8 Biloxi, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent review on our property. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvience you experienced with housekeeping in your room. We continuously train our staff to ensure a clean room and are currently undergoing renovations to upgrade our product for our guests. I sincerely hope you will give us another try if you are in the area. Thank you again for your comments.
orlando, fl
Reviewed February 18, 2011

This was a great place to stay! Is is in a great location too...right on the water and just down the streat from casinos. There are also gas stations and restaurants nearby. The room was clean and comfortable. The clerk at the front desk, Clifford, was extremely nice and made us feel welcome and safe. If Clifford is there, you will be taken care of!! I have never stayed at a hotel (and I've stayed in MANY) where the clerk was so friendly and made me feel so welcome. He made sure we were happy and that makes a big difference! Will stay here again if only because of his great customer service!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business