“Not bad”

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Dayton
“Not bad”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Usually I find that I cannot go wrong with Holiday Inn, and this place was no exception. Of course, some Holiday Inns are a bit more grand than others, and this one appears to be a more "basic" sort. I didn't find it run down or dirty, but it has a "generic" feel to it, in a sense. The rooms were clean enough, and the decor was in the typical "modern style" that most other hotels have adopted. The small lobby area seemed clean, and the corridors were maintained. The hotel's location across the beach would be perfect in great weather; unfortunately, it was a bit cool and drizzly during our quick stay. I was a little disappointed that the on-site restaurant didn't have a lounge, although we were told we could order drinks in the restaurant.

I was originally quoted a rate of $119, but another couple was inquiring about vacancies at the very same time, and they were told the rate would be $109 by the person assisting them. The lady assisting me quickly told me she'd give me that same rate, which I appreciated. Although she was the only person on staff with whom I had any contact, she seemed very nice.

Drawback: the "Highway from Hell" outside the hotel's front door. It's a beautiful drive along the highway, but I couldn't believe how congested the traffic gets (or how no one seems to know how to drive, especially when turning at traffic lights). No reflection on the hotel, but I wonder how many people pass this place by because of how the roads are configured.

All in all a decent stay. Would recommend for anyone wanting quick beach access away from the casinos.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stormchaser1966

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Queidersbach, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Typical holiday inn, except no free breakfast. Right next to the beach, short drive to the casinos and air base, as well as lots of restaurants and shopping. Pool is fine, wifi is fast. Thai food on site. Beds are comfortable, normal holiday inn standard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Brian D,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
College Station, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I was in Biloxi for my stepdaughter's graduation. I didn't want the noise and such that comes with a casino hotel so I chose this one.

I was very happy with my choice. When I checked in the desk clerk was very nice and when, on my last scheduled night, I needed to add one more night I had no problems.

The room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

I think that with the way the hotel is situated every room probably has a view of the gulf, which is nice.

There is no breakfast.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in March. It is really run-down. Particularly bad was the bathroom. It was moldy and there are cracks all over the walls. There was mildew in the tub grout. The bedroom is dated and tired looking and didn't seem too clean. The ice machine on the 4th floor didn't work and the laundry room reeked of mildew. The man at the front desk was courteous but certainly could not be characterized as friendly. Lastly the best thing about the room was the view of the beach across the street but it is busily being obstructed by the construction between the hotel and the water. Sorry but find somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear elisemarie31,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are sorry the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Biloxi, we hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The location is great. The room was ok. I usually first judge the bathroom it was sort of dated but clean. The bed very comfortable with a nice thick comfy mattress not one of those pancake mattresses. The biggest draw back is there were stains in the ceiling and the room STUNK! was not fresh. I had to request an air freshener. There chips in the furniture. The hallways STINK. This is a musty smelly place.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Biloxi, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Laquetta1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are always very grateful for our guest’s feedback and are particularly pleased that our location suited your needs. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation with regard to your room accommodations. We will certainly work on the points that you have raised to ensure the quality of our products and service. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was easy to change room reservations from King to doubles when us girls when down for overnighter. Staff frientdly enough, no breakfast tho. Clean, spacious double room. Bed nice with lots of pillows... Probably one of the better rooms for the price on coastline. As you know, unless you pay well, the high traffic coast areas are not 4 star due to high volume of visitors and wear and tear.... but this one was pretty good and probably one of the better ones for just overnight

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
TN
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Decent place on the main drag in Biloxi. The way the building is designed, it looks like every room has a view of the gulf across the street. Room was decent size and clean, beds had both soft and firm pillow option, flat screen TV with lots of redundant channels (you could net network channels from Mobile, Biloxi, and New Orleans), decent sized bathroom. One weird thing in the room, there was a hole in the wall. It was up high and it was like it was put there intentionally for either a sprinkler system or smoke alarm, but there was nothing there. This place is a reasonable alternative if you don't want to stay at a casino.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo