“Excellent Atmosphere & Food”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 235 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spring Hill, Florida
“Excellent Atmosphere & Food”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a great place to have dinner. I had the best Filet Mignon I have had in a long time, my husband had red fish and loved them. The wine is great, the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Will definitely eat here on our next trip!

Visited August 2014

“Excellent meal”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The meal of red fish, turnip greens and sweet potato soufflé was great. My son had the shrimp and grits, he was happy with his meal also. I am a Southerner, the greens were exceptional. The servings for all were good size. Price was very reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
“Nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We went here for lunch and it was such a nice experience... Food was great, service was great and loved the atmosphere! Would definitely go back :)

“Pretty good! ”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I dined here on a Thursday evening. (I suggest you call ahead) We had the crab cakes and fried green tomatoes to start, the flavor was good but it was covered in too much sauce. I had the filet and shrimp, ribeye and seafood pasta. Overall it was good, we will most likely return.

Okc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, Good food!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went to the Half shell Oyster house after I did some research on where to eat in Biloxi. I saw on trip advisor that this had many good reviews and thought we would check it out. I am from Maryland living currently in Oklahoma and really miss some good seafood. Upon arrival with a party of ten to the restaurant they first stated that we would have a 40 minute wait since we did not call ahead, so that's nice that you can call ahead but even if you don't it didn't take 40 mins it only took about 20 to seat our party. While we were waiting the waitress that would be taking care of us asked if we wanted to start any appetizers or kids meals or get any drinks I thought that was very nice! We were sat shortly after and ordered the voo doo boneless wings and the portabella seafood stuffed mushrooms as well as the oyster sampler. They were all very very good! As main meals I can say the flounder was terrific as well as the pecan crusted redfish. My significant other got the surf and turf and was slightly disappointed with the size of the meal(he eats a lot! ) but in the menu it clearly states it's a 6 ounce steak lol so not sure why he thought that would be big enough. The fried shrimp meal was crispy good and not greasy and another member got the seafood pasta which both looked and tasted great. The asparagus sides and their Cajun potatoes were delicious! I definitely recommend this place and will be returning whenever we come and visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sweetkd11

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!