“Great Visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great Visit”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy visiting the Half Shell when we come to Biloxi each summer! The royal reds are usually my favorite each visit, however, I tried the charbroiled oyster sampler and now I am hooked! The different types of oysters in the sampler allowed me to taste the various editions. I will more surely return and this is classic a Gulf Coast cuisine!

Sarasota, Florida
“Not all Half Shell's are the same!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We eat quite often at the Half Shell in Sarasota and it has always been excellent!!

Last night at the Half Shell in Biloxi was mediocre !!

Bar Service was excellent while we waited on table! It was down hill from there! Waiter was not with it - didn't bring correct sides/ salads!! Didn't seem to be able to correct issues in a timely manner!

Took awhile for food to come to table - presentation from kitchen was ok! Had to wait 15 minutes for check once we asked for it! Waiter kept apologizing instead of picking up the pace!!

Could have been the waiter who made the evening not quite up to par - we have had excellent food and service at other half shell's!

• Visited July 2014
“Marsha & Brian Hennessey”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

While on the beach we were told by the guys who rented jet skies about this restaurant. We eat lunch and loved it.i order gulf shrimp with steamed broccoli and sweet potatoe creme brulee. My wife ordered crab cakes . For a appetizers we shared mushrooms stuffed with seafood. I lived most of my life as a commercial fisherman on the Chesapeake Bay and seafood is something I know about. So when I say it was the best I've eaten in a long time that says a lot. The service was great and this restaurant has our business from now on.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Half Shell Oyster House”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had chargrilled oysters. Some were very large. We like them well done. We had to send some back to the grill. My husband had the New Orleans Chargrilled. They were spicey but he enjoyed them. The fried green tomatoe and bacon sandwich was good. The server was good and we sat and got our food in a decent amount of time. We went on a Tuesday during lunch. Prices were decent too.

Visited July 2014
Clinton, Mississippi
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had to wait for an hour to get a table (we went on a Friday night during the summer, we were expecting to wait). The food is great! Service was really good, they were very busy but we didn't feel rushed or anything. The sweet potato creme brulee itself is worth the wait. I would drive down there tonight for a taste of it again.
Do yourself a favor, give yourself some time and enjoy this gem if you are anywhere near.

• Visited July 2014