“Great atmosphere and amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Half Shell Oyster House

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 230 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great atmosphere and amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews, my husband and I decided to try this place while on vacation. We were not disappointed! The top shelf margarita was really tasty but the food blew us away! Be sure to get there early as the wait on a Friday night can be long but it is well worth it. Moderately priced as well

Detroit, Michigan
“My Take”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, good appetizers, reasonably priced happy hour drinks. Did not order an entree as it was a stop over. Parking is hard to find.

Visited May 2014
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Some like it hot!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have to say that the food overall is good. I do not get the side dish presentations. I would rather have them on my plate. The steak that I ordered with crabmeat was good but there was oil covering the plate surface a quarter inch thick. Not very appealing or appetizing. My wife's food was great. She was very happy. (crab cakes). I will have to say that our food was barely room temperature. Went back with a party of eight and had the same experience. Food was really good but seven out of the eight had room temperature food. The warm dish was the pasta. this tells me that everyone's dish sat on a table instead of under a heat lamp, which I believe they do not have, waiting on a pasta to complete the order. There is a need for quality servers here and a definite need for a way to hold the food if the servers and cooks cannot get on the same page. Food good. Service needs improvement. I talked to friends and family and have had similar experiences. Imagine if they get the service to improve this would be exceptional. Not sure I will find out or not. It is too pricing to eat a cold steak or filet of fish. Hey, some like it hot!

Visited May 2014
Coppell, Texas, United States
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a must for seafood. The seafood gumbo was great and tasted like what you find in New Orleans. There is always a line waiting but don't let it fool you as it moves very quickly. There is a bar upstairs if the one downstairs is too crowded. Bloody Mary's were also excellent. You won't be disappointed with a visit to this restaurant. It is located one block from the Hard Rock Cassino!

• Visited May 2014
Avon Park, Florida
“Don't miss this place ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Outstanding! The grilled oysters and crab bisque were amazing. We had 3 kinds of oysters and every one was as good as the next. I doubt you will get a bad meal here. We were here in April (on our way to California) and will be going back again on our way back home to Florida.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!