“Twice is not enough”

Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by Ally at the Courtyard hotel. She did not steer us wrong. We went on a Friday and was told the wait would be 40 minutes and was seated in 20. We ordered the Green tomato and crab cake appetizer and the Royal Reds shrimp appetizer. Both were excellent. The Green Tomatoes with crab were sinful. Three of us ordered different entrees: Fried Shrimp, Seafood Stuffed Portobello and Shrimp Orleans. The shrimp were lightly battered and had the perfect crunch when bit into. Three stuffed portobellos showed up on my plate. The combo of the seafood stuffing, portabello and light sauce atop was divine. I personally did not try the Shrimp Orleans but was informed they had the right amount of creole seasonings. All entrees were huge. We enjoyed the food enough to return on Sat afternoon for the Voodoo Shrimp Po boy and of course the green tomato appetizer. The Po Boy was presented with a toasted bun and a pile of sweet shrimp. The voodoo sauce was a little too sweet for our tastes. The atmosphere is reminiscent of New Orleans with great music (big band, Sinatra). Our waiter was amazing, helpful and he also remembered us on Sat. Not sure of his name but look for the Darth Vader belt buckle. Highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,088)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I eat here once a year on vacation and have NEVER bern disappeared. Hands down, this is my favorite restaurant EVER and I've sampled several different things from the pasta to the Portobello mushrooms, to the steaks and its all delicious. Recently I took my boyfriend for there and hes the worlds pickiest eater. I ate the redfish, cheesegrits and a sald and he had a chicken bacon Swiss sandwich and be said it was the best hed ever eaten. Food is impeccable and service and atmosphere is romantic.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Started with the Voodoo shrimp and loved them! Ordered Shrimp Orleans and it was ok. I Love shrimp orleans but this was a weak and barely flavored attempt at it. The broccoli was great. The cajun boiled parmesian and garlic potatoes could have been cooked a little longer and needed more flavor another almost success. The gumbo Lacked seasoning completely devoid of life. The blackened red snapper nothing fabulous, a bit dry and tough skin hard to eat with just a fork. For the reviews this was a great disappointment for the money.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

What a find!! We love charbroiled oysters and these were some of the best. The Royal Reds were out of this world and the seafood platter had an array of fresh shellfish and grouper. The staff was fun and the beer was cold. Look for this place because it's off Beach Blvd. not right on it.... We'll certainly return on our next trip to Biloxi.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I've been in Biloxi for almost five months now, but I just now made it to this restaurant. I'm glad I finally did. I had the almond crusted chicken and sweet potato crime brûlée, and what a treat they were! They have nice lunch portions at a lunch price, too. The decor is pleasant even if the seating is a bit disappointing. The chairs are small straight-backed jobs at smallish tables with vinyl black table cloths. They put paper over them, so I'm not sure why they don't just use cloth. My husband is a large fellow, and though he'd love this food, he'd be uncomfortable enough at these tables to never come back.

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!