“excellent food”

Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

my hubby and I go away every year for a getaway from work, worries and responsibilities, and devote all our time to enjoying each other. The last two years have on the day we check into our hotels, it has fallen on the BCS football championships. We were wanting to get out and check out the local restaurants in the area for a nice enjoyable dinner experience. This is the place! was so surprised how it had atmosphere of a romantic dinner and yet around the corner, was a huge football playoff game going on. the food was so good, that we went a gain the next night! You can see a menu online to make sure it's your kind of food, but for someone who has grown up on the gulf coast and lived in resort area such as Orange beach , al. and Gulf shores, you can't beat the food, and yes you'll remember this place. enjoy,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,182)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were seated immediately upon arrival and looking forward to gulf coast seafood. I had the oyster sampler and ate ALL twelve with some of my husband's crab cake, which was paired with an awesome remoulade. He had the shrimp and grits, which was good and I had the flounder. It was slightly overcooked but still well seasoned. My sides were the cheese grits, which were creamy and delicious. I also had the sweet potato creme brûlée, which was pure buttery crunchy goodness. The server seemed to be doubling as the bar tender but she was efficient and friendly. The only hiccup was that we were brought crab fingers twice instead of the crab cake appetizer. Not a big issue since we were also brought out two orders of crab cakes. Not a bad trade-off! Overall, it was really good and the prices were reasonable. I would DEFINITELY return and order the oyster platter and hopefully have the same server.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I ate here as part of a large party of about 25 people. They did a great job handling our group, excellent service, really trying to please and they were open on Sunday, not all good restaurants in BIloxi are open on Sunday.
The food is mostly seafood and is very good and I thought for a very reasonable price.
The restaurant is located across the street from the Hard Rock hotel and is built to look like an old building but was not built that long ago. This is a place I can recommend for the food, service and the value.

1  Thank crapsguy
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were a group of 7 friends out for dinner. I am from New Orleans and perhaps expected too much! We had two dozen charbroiled oysters. More than half were inedible. Clearly they were totally black and burned. They should have looked at the food before serving it like that. I had a ribeye that half was cooked med and half way well done (inedible). Another had a fish dish that was burned on the underside. Server was fun but food, not so much!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went early and go a good table. I had the fried seafood platter. At my age, when I eat fried anything. it better be good and this was very good. Done perfectly. My wife had shrimp (reds) and grits. The shrimp was excellent, but she's not much of a grits fan and this didn't change her mind. ( But I noticed she still finished it all. )

1  Thank John S

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!