“The oyster cook, over grilled the oysters”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 241 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had been here in the past and had great grilled oysters,but they have a new cook and the oysters came out like leather.. We'll skip this place next trip..

There are newer reviews for Half Shell Oyster House

Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a treat! This was our first time in Biloxi and I read reviews on the restaurant. Decided to give it a try I had the stuffed seafood Portabella mushrooms with asparagus and a delicious halfshell salad. My husband enjoyed a delicious cup of gumbo, as well as a Caesar salad and the surf and turf. Food and atmosphere was above and beyond. So glad we got to try a delicious restaurant in Biloxi Mississippi

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh seafood! Living in Dallas when I am on the coast it is my goal to eat seafood everyday! This was the one of the best meals we had on this trip. Service was good, atmosphere was good. Casual , dressy or anything in between. Don't miss this one if you are in the area!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hubby and I enjoyed a trip to Half Shell Oyster House during our stay in September. After talking with some locals, it was clear this was one of the places we needed to try. We heeded their warnings of long waits- and they were correct. We went on a Saturday night and people wanting a table had a wait of up to an hour and a half (we went right around 7pm). However, we were told to head upstairs to the 2nd floor bar, and try and grab a seat at the bar, if we didn't mind eating there- which we didn't. At first the bar was full, but after only about 5 minutes of waiting, 2 spots opened up. The bartenders worked tirelessly, not only getting drinks for bar partrons and the waitstaff, but also serving dinner to those guests, like ourselves, eating in the bar area. However, they never missed a beat and were very professional. Hubby ordered surf and turf, with the gorgonzola asparagus and new potatoes. I had the Bacon and Pecan encrusted redfish with a salad (try the house vinaigrette- so yummy!) and new potatoes. Both of us declared our meal the best we've had in a long time. Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. Hubby tried the key lime pie for desert- said, again, it was the best he has had in a long time. Bill was around a $100- but both of us had a couple glasses of wine, so I think it is an excellent value. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I went out for dinner and drinks and chose Half Shell Oyster House based upon user reviews. We ordered the Filet Orleans with a cup of gumbo and the Almond Encrusted Chicken with the potatoes and asparagus. Everything was very good and our waitress was friendly. Definitely one of the best options in the Biloxi area.