“Always Good”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 235 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Biloxi, Ms.
“Always Good”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Been there several times, always good. This last time was the best. My wife had a steak, I had the shrimp and grits. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Then we topped it off with the bananas foster cheese cake, this is a must have if you go.

Massachusetts
“DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant is so delicious, I wish I lived closer to go again. I ordered the "red shrimp" w/a side of asparagus w/gorgonzola cheese and it was delicious and mouth watering. You can not go wrong if you go there.

• Visited July 2013
Gallion, Alabama
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was in Biloxi to visit long time friend Bello Nock and see his show at the Beau Rivage. I had found this place here on trip advisor and really liked the menu. I had planned the trip as a birthday present for a friend from home and then discovered that another friend that I haven't seen in four years was in the cast of the show. Decided to take both ladies to lunch here. It was easy to locate the beautiful old building and park. Warm greeting from the hostess and we were promptly seated in one of the multitude of simple dining rooms. Our server soon appeared and took drink orders while we could take our time exploring the menu. At no time were we rushed either in ordering or enjoying the well crafted and simply presented huge meals we received. Perfectly plump oysters straight from the water and I didn't even have to ask for grated horseradish - it came on the tray, Excellent gumbo - dark and rich with shrimp and crab - although I did add some hot sauce to perk it up a bit. If these were lunch portions, then you could probably serve a family of four from a dinner portion. Very nice selection of sides, small wine list with some excellent choices, great Southern hospitality and service, and very reasonable pricing. I wish I lived closer so I could visit more often. I was thinking about a mini-vacation after labor day to Orange Beach but may go back to Biloxi now just to enjoy another meal here.

“Perfection!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The wife and I stopped in here early one Saturday evening and had the most pleasant dining experience. We drove down to Biloxi from Knoxville for a little weekend getaway and wanted try The Half Shell Oyster House. The atmosphere, service and menu were very pleasing. If you can handle the heat, I strongly suggest the Oysters Orleans! We ordered a dozen and could have ordered more. Next time we will.

tampa
“YUMDILLYISHOUS!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were in Biloxi this past weekend. I am a huge fan of Acme Oyster House and was craving chargrilled oysters. I've had them in several places and they always disappoint. There's nothing like Acme. Well, move over because Half Shell in Biloxi is awesome!
The atmosphere is quite and rustic. It looks like an old city building. The staff is super friendly.
We were waited on by Jaime the first day. We had chargrilled oysters, Half Shell Bloody Mary and a Peacemaker (Fried Shrimp and Fried oyster) PoBoy. The oysters were perfect. That delicious, buttery garlicky sauce was heavenly. The parmesan cheese was perfect. Not salty. Each bite was like perfection in food. I'd have to say it's my favorite food ever! They certainly lived up to the expectations. Absolutely delish!
The PoBoy was also delicious. The oysters were fried perfectly! They almost have a fried mushroom texture. Nice and crunchy on the outside, while being super hot on the inside. I wasn't a huge fan of the bread. The bread almost seemed old. I love fresh bread and this just didn't have a fresh texture. But, overall I loved the sandwich and ate it all. yum
The Bloody Mary was excellent. Super spicy! It was garnished with two olives and a pickled green bean. It was so enjoyable, we had another the next day, when we went back!
The next day we went back.......(who knows when I'll get to each chargrilled oysters again!!!) and we had the chargrilled oysters, the new Orleans oysters and the royal reds.
Chargrilled oysters were heavenly AGAIN. I didn't care for the New Orleans oysters. Totally personal preference. My hubby loved them....although we are partial to the chargrilled. The royal reds were very good. They are a peel and eat shrimp. (hubby had to peel them...I don't pull the legs off something before I stick it in my mouth....so gross) But, they tasted great. They are a shrimp that tastes quite a bit like lobster. I dredged mine through the chargrilled oyster sauce. Sooooo good.
Eat here when you when you come. Just hop a taxi, from any casino. It's beyond good! Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013